HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Set 7 Spoilers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Klaus

PostSubject: Set 7 Spoilers   2012-05-28, 00:08

Yeah, it's not for a little while, but it has Pale Moon stuff in it and from what's been shown it's driving me crazy with excitement!

So here's some leaked info on another tacky forum:

http://cardgamecoalition.forumotion.com/t765-may-2012-kero-kero-ace

Sword Magician, Sara (or as they translate it on there Something Something, Sala), is just awesome for PM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Set 7 Spoilers   2012-05-28, 11:10

Nice. Much better source than Vanguard Rider's thread on the same case. I mean as far as formatting and presentation goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Set 7 Spoilers   2012-06-13, 20:25

There's a new trend in some clans getting cards that will deal damage to you for CB1, then later let you take any card from your damage zone and shuffle it into your deck.

So far know of Dark Irregular's Beast in Hand and Pale Moon's G1 See-Saw Game Winner and G2 See-Saw Game Loser.

Wonder how well they'll work with certain builds, (aside from aiming for LBs).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Set 7 Spoilers   2012-06-13, 22:45

It's for activating limit breaks and getting an extra counterblast for 1 turn.

It's pretty nice since it extends your deck's total payment ability. Maybe this will stop people from taking so much god damn damage early game like noobs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Set 7 Spoilers   2012-06-13, 23:17

I'm liking them simply for the ability to get back key cards. Damage checking my Nightmare Dolls is rather frustrating, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Set 7 Spoilers   2012-06-15, 00:51

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_Torn_Dragon_Tamer,_Lequier

Finally get to see her, and I fuckin' love it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Set 7 Spoilers   2012-06-15, 02:51

This. Fucking. Card.

All of my why
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: Set 7 Spoilers   2012-06-15, 08:19

Alice wrote:
This. Fucking. Card.

All of my why

Because at the time of Pale Moon's Japanese release the deck (along with Irregulars) flopped competitively, and this is Bushi's way of giving them a much-needed power boost.

Also because Purple Trapeezist is being re-released, Pale Moon can soul charge with the best of them, and since English meta will be getting this right after we get Japan's third set (where Pale Moon debuted), we'll be getting a much stronger version of the clan much faster than Japan did.

Also because that skill is highly abusable once you have the proper set-up, but the set up itself is kind of obnoxious since it requires one each of every grade, even factoring in spoiled units like Girl Who Crossed the Gap.

Quote :
It's pretty nice since it extends your deck's total payment ability.
Maybe this will stop people from taking so much god damn damage early
game like noobs.

...Er, no it doesn't. All the 'take a damage for one turn' units require CB1 to use their skills, so what you're getting in practice is one trigger (or any other unit) returned to your deck that you didn't want in your damage zone, and an early Limit Break. You can return the damage you flipped in the first place so in practice it's nothing lost for using the skill, but it's not like it makes costs any more economical. I think the only clan that'll actually get anything out of their pair- they appear to be a 'thing' this set the way 6k Grade 1 units that jump to the hand were a thing for set six- is Angel Feather, because thanks to the Pegasi (pegasuses? Pegasi?) and their ability to turn the damage zone into a revolving door, they can use theirs for more than just the one turn of going from three to four damage.

And do you have serious problems with early damage takers? The only time I've seen any other player- including my younger sisters, who I just literally taught to play- take excessive damage in the early game is when the turn-player triggersacks on a big rush move. I've always seen the opposite problem- guarding excessively during the early game, leaving themselves with very little in the way of defense during late game, and their counterblasts offline during the time when they'd be most useful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Set 7 Spoilers   2012-06-15, 20:12

Yeah Pale Moon desperately needed this card; that's my opinion on that.

And thanks for the correction about the damagers.

But yes I have a problem with people who take damage early when they could just guard with triggers. It's all the same 1 damage being dealt, but guarding early ensures that you can guard for less stages (more cheaply). It doesn't matter if you go into midgame with less cards in hand since Twin Drive will now start making it back. You don't want to have to use counterblasts since their entire purpose is to stop your being propelled into late game. Make your opponent work for their damage and take your counterblasts as a useful bonus.

That doesn't go for decks whose winning image is taking damage, however, such as Superior Riders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: Set 7 Spoilers   2012-06-15, 20:55

Alice wrote:

That doesn't go for decks whose winning image is taking damage, however, such as Superior Riders.

Or a good number of decks at all, for that matter. Many decks- well, any deck with a starter who counterblasts- want damage on the first turn (at least one point of it), and even on later turns- your ride to G2 for example- starting off with two damage isn't a bad thing, most of the nice early game to mid-game blasts are CB2. Counter blasts are a necessity for a lot of decks to get their get-up and go.

Now on the flip side, if your opponent has several RG lanes assembled by (or before!) their G2 ride, there is absolutely no reason to take multiple attacks during the early game- let the Vanguard's attack hit since it costs the most to block (15k shield before most decks can even begin amassing it is rather hard to scrounge up), and block the rear lanes. If the damage gap between you and your opponent is two or more in their favor, you are in serious trouble and if you can help it, prevent it.

Unless you're playing Coco OTT with the spoiled units. Then you just ride Coco and laugh all the way to the bank.

(seriously, I've been helping playtest that deck and the scariest thing is it can shake off damage leads that way.)

Er, sorry, rambling. This really should be a separate topic XD

Anyway, kind of surprised nobody's mentioned the focus of the first major spoiler we've had for set seven yet- Great Nature as a full clan. Given the anime has already showcased a lot of the units the KeroKero spoiler didn't, any thoughts on our soon-to-be Bison Overlords?

(Myself, Overlords is a bit of an overstatement but I'm really excited. The clan looks really, really fun. Also there's a tiger. With a monocle.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Set 7 Spoilers   2012-06-15, 21:20

I just never cared for Great Nature. Cute animals don't interest me.

But I do like the bit of humor to the cards (Failure Scientist Punta or whatever he's called), and yes to more monocles in CFV.

Edit: Also on early damage, I feel it's fine to take a damage or two on your G2 ride if it'll help out when you jump up to G3. At least around here with my friends we play as such.

Maybe it's all a matter of people's play styles of where you're at.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Set 7 Spoilers   2012-06-25, 17:03

Well, more stuff has been shown for Set 7. I am rather disappointed in the rest of the Pale Moon cards, especially that Firebreathing Carrie is just Maiden of Libra.

It disappointed me so much I decided to make my second deck be Spike Brothers. Over the last few days that play style rubbed off on me (no homo).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Set 7 Spoilers   2012-06-25, 17:49

Klaus wrote:
Well, more stuff has been shown for Set 7. I am rather disappointed in the rest of the Pale Moon cards, especially that Firebreathing Carrie is just Maiden of Libra.

Most of them were pretty bad but there were a few gems. Midnight Invader works very well with Sara, and Quantum Magician paired with a Purple Trapezist can easily rebuild your field. Peekaboo is interesting as a semi-free sacrifice to Purple Trapezist, but I'm not sure if there's really any space for him. I just hope the last few pale moon cards actually focus on soul charging, since we seem to be getting all sorts of new cards that mess with cards in your soul, but nothing to actually help charge it in the first place. Dance Queen is cute and all, but with 8,000 attack and requiring a cb she was clearly meant for beast tamer builds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Set 7 Spoilers   2012-06-25, 22:54

I'll have to really test this new Pale Moon stuff because I'm skeptical that it works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Set 7 Spoilers   

Back to top Go down

Set 7 Spoilers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Cardfight!! Vanguard :: News-
Jump to: