Share | 

Introduce yourself

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-19, 00:06

So are you from /tg/? Because funfact: V*Mundi orginated as cardfight discussions there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avid

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-19, 01:41

Where you Cardfight: Tampa, FL. Mostly at my friends house because local scene isn't a thing

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Lozenge Magus, I have had games where I healed 5 times because I drive checked into her for the heal and then shuffled her back in, then got several on damage checks. She is my lucky card.

Your Favorite Clan: OTT

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: EDH, League of Legends

About how long have you been Cardfighting: Since it got released, but I took a long break cause of school and missed everything past Set 6. Trying to get back into it.

How did you get to V-Mundi?: Trick question, I've always been here, lurking in the shadows.

A little about yourself: College student, not a lot of free time but I like to spend it playing strategy games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-19, 02:11

>Shuffling heals back in
For fuck's sake do not do this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeronos

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-19, 10:17

Alice wrote:
So are you from /tg/? Because funfact: V*Mundi orginated as cardfight discussions there.

Sorry, but I'm not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-19, 13:44

Where you Cardfight: Leeds, in the UK. My nearest store, and still a 2 and a half hour train journey away :(

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Erm... yeah. Either Top Idol, Pacifica or CEO Amaterasu. Tough to decide between them...

Your Favorite Clan: Bermuda Triangle, the clan I wanted to play from the beginning :)

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: Video games, walking, general computer stuff

About how long have you been Cardfighting: Since about February 2012

How did you get to V-Mundi? Saw it mentioned in a couple of places, so thought I'd have a look :)

A little about yourself: I'll... get back to you on that :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chain11207

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-20, 15:08

Where you Cardfight: Brooklyn N.Y. i travel to manhattan and queens sometimes to play in stores over there......not to mention Max's shop has the cheapest cards.

Your Avatar (favorite unit): TYRANT DEATHREX!!!!!!! RAAAARGH!!!!!

Your Favorite Clan: Tachikaze

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: video games, board games, going to anime convention raves, random bullshitting with friends.

About how long have you been Cardfighting: since about march 2012

How did you get to V-Mundi? Google.....its a wonderful invention.

A little about yourself: I loved the idea of dinosaurs and machines since yugioh but there was no viable way to combine them.....cardfight vanguard answered my request! I hate people who play this game strictly to win so they use the "best" decks.........seriously last years world championships with the top 2 decks being gold pallys built exactly the same was not fun to watch at all >.< thats why i root for underdog decks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UZI_tha_KLOWN

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-20, 23:41

Where you Cardfight: Burlington nc
Your Avatar (favorite unit):Great Silver Wolf, Garmore
Your Favorite Clan:gold paladin
Non-Vanguard Hobbies:reading and collecting dragonlance books. doctor who listing to music
About how long have you been Cardfighting: september 2012
How did you get to V-Mundi?Google

A little about yourself: i like to listen to all kinds of music and the deck i run is a garmore toolbox build my favorite character from the dragonlance series is rasitlin majere
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AegisCrow

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-21, 02:35

Where you Cardfight: Flint, Mi

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Origin Mage, Ildona

Your Favorite Clan: Shadow Paldins/Megacolony

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: reading, writing, tabletop RPG's, and miniature wargaming.

About how long have you been Cardfighting: started in January, 2013

How did you get to V-Mundi? I was looking for deck builds as a launching point for the clans that interested me, and I came across some of the blog posts. surprisingly I didn't find it through /tg/, as most of the threads on Vanguard I've seen on that board devolve into >viral marketing within a few posts.

A little about yourself: 20-something college student (teaching certification program with a major in english and a minor in communications) who works as a security guard part-time. scottish build, red hair, slightly overweight. happily married to a young woman who doesn't understand my hobbies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-21, 04:12

Quote :
woman who doesn't understand my hobbies.
I know the feeling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-21, 18:54

I haven't posted about Vanguard on /tg/ since May. They started to hate CFV for no reason. Mostly MtG players shitposting for whatever reason best known to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-21, 19:02

They've lightened up some since. Occasional threads on there do alright.

Though it still has people coming in and asking if it's Yugioh, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-25, 09:08

Where you Cardfight: Berkley/Redford, Mi

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Stern Blaukluger

Your Favorite Clan: Nova Grappler

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: Making/playing Video Games, MTG, disc golf

About how long have you been Cardfighting: started in Febuary, 2013

How did you get to V-Mundi? Deciding what clan to use and found the clan survey. Fell in love with the site since then and check everyday.

A little about yourself: 20-something college student (Software Engineering) who is happily married and currently working for a large automotive parts supplier as a systems engineer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EclipseOfAshes

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-26, 09:48

Where you Cardfight: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Origin Mage, Ildona

Your favorite clan: tough pick between kagero and shadow paladin

Non-vanguard Hobbies: Yu-gi-oh, psychology, philosophizing (not the history of philosophy), 日本語

About how long have you been cardfighting: If you mean vanguard, about a month and a half. If you mean any card game, when was yu-gi-oh season 1 released in english? since then.

A little about yourself: I am autistic, was diagnosed in 5th grade after a few...unpleasant months in a mental ward. I am a science geek. This often tick my philosophy friends off because I am always looking for evidence based reasoning and not subjective opinion or asserted claims.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-26, 10:13

Ildona is clearly best Shadow Paladin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EclipseOfAshes

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-26, 11:14

Most fitting effect for a clan that is supposed to sac for power: sac 2 draw 2 and gain power
Can swing for 16k no booster thanks to LB.
Can hit 3 stages on any vanguard with 7k booster and LB. Just wrecked a PBO with that set up this past weekend XD
I will deck myself before my opponent can kill me.

And he just fits play style. I like switching from a full force offense into an unkillable wall on the fly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-26, 13:08

Quote :
This often tick my philosophy friends off because I am always looking for evidence based reasoning and not subjective opinion or asserted claims.
WELCOME ABOARD.

Also Lugh fans unite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SayuriMatsuri

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-27, 14:32

Where you Cardfight: Brampton, Ontario - Canada

Your Avatar (favorite unit): PR♥ISM-Promise, Labrador - Combos with this unit are insane.

Your Favorite Clan: Bermuda Triangle - Everybody is a pretty mermaid lady!

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: Fighting games (super casual), personal fitness, cooking (when I get a job)

About how long have you been Cardfighting: Three weeks.

How did you get to V-Mundi? A Google search related to a Cardfight Vanguard topic.

A little about yourself: Just a "young adult" trying to get his life together. Planning to work for a year or two full time to get into University for an English degree to become an English teacher overseas in Japan. I'm also pretty open about myself if you ever want to know more about me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aniodia

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-28, 00:59

Where you Cardfight: In and around Albany, NY

Your Avatar (favorite unit): RECKLESS EXPRESS (CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKER)

Your Favorite Clan: Dimension Police/Nova Grapplers. DP for the Daiyusha line, Grapps for Blaukruger/Beast Deities. I really like the whole Gundam-esque aesthetic of both clans, though the whole Beast Deity subtheme tilts it more towards the Nova Grapplers.

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: Judging for Yugioh and Pokemon, working on judge test for MtG, translating Japanese tabletop RPGs, playing Etrian Odyssey 4.

About how long have you been Cardfighting: Maybe 6 months? I dunno, really.

How did you get to V-Mundi? Reading through the CFV subforum on DuelistGroundz (Mainly a Yugioh site), someone mentioned V-Mundi as a good place to get started with strategy and math.

A little about yourself: I'm 28, and have pretty much been "the rules guy" in my local area for basically every card game I play. As such, I've taken to becoming a judge for Yugioh and Pokemon, and would like to become one for Vanguard. It's not so bad wearing the black and white, as I've traveled the country to go to big events and judge (literally; I was at the world's largest tournament in Long Beach as a judge) . Currently, I've been using my lack of employment as a boon, taking the time to catch up on my fan translating project as well as heading to various tournaments in and around New England.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-28, 01:38

It's funny because Bushiroad doesn't certify any judges for International Vanguard. But we do :3

V*Mundi Circuit 2013 is a tournament anyone with Head Judge certification can run. And I have a Judge test that I'm pretty sure is the hardest and most necessary J-test ever made for a TCG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kodokami

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-28, 23:02

Where you Cardfight:
Fort Worth/Denton, TX.

Your Avatar (favorite unit):
Amber Dragon, Eclipse. I just think it looks amazing. My brother gave me an SP version for my birthday.

Your Favorite Clan:

Granblue! My first clan.

Non-Vanguard Hobbies:

Card/board games in general, JRPGs, movies, reading.

About how long have you been Cardfighting:
Shortly after BT06 was released. Guess that was last June.

How did you get to V-Mundi:

Found it while searching online for ways to use Granblue.

A little about yourself:
I've been collecting and playing cards games for a long time, starting with my first pack of the Pokemon TCG when it was released. I've since tried out as many as I could get my hands on. Yugioh has taken up the most of my time. I'd like to say I'm fairly knowledgeable when it comes to card games, but, truth be told, I think I've learned more from this website than in my 13-ish years of playing. Whether that's because I never took notice or because I don't play competitively, or because of some other reason, I don't know; it's always just been an (expensive) hobby for me.
Last year a close friend suggested Cardfight!! Vanguard to me. Now I don't think I can go back to those others. I am concerned about the game's future, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

Call me Wes, or Kodokami. Nice to meet everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-29, 01:00

Kodokami wrote:
I'd like to say I'm fairly knowledgeable when it comes to card games, but, truth be told, I think I've learned more from this website than in my 13-ish years of playing.
Well I guess I did my job
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sky-V

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-29, 03:15

Where You Cardfight : Jakarta, Indonesia (Dont really see any other Indonesians in the forums)
My Avatar (Currently) : School Dominator Apt
My Favourite Clan : My top 3 right now would be Great Nature, Aquaforce, Neo Nectar
Non-VG hobbies : Science!, Watching Youtube, Guitar, Video Games
Started Playing since around September 2012
A little about me : I'm in middle School, I reall Love Science and math and Im new to this forum
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-29, 03:18

I remember having a couple or so Indonesians. Though I certainly don't remember who, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
root-3

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-29, 21:42

Where you Cardfight: Long Island, New York

Your Avatar (favorite unit): CEO Amaterasu

Your Favorite Clan: Oracle Think Tank (tsukuyomi)

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: Yugioh.

About how long have you been Cardfighting: 1 month

How did you get to V-Mundi? Through the V-mundi blog! Excellent articles by the way.

A little about yourself: I was very skeptical about this game at first, so when my yugioh friends were migrating to VG I just brushed it off. A year later, I decided to give it a try and have loved it ever since.
I picked up a Tsukuyomi deck to begin with, and have been practicing with it ever since. The articles on your blog helped alot to understand the intricacies of the game, and to put them into use in actual games. After my third stand-up qualifier, I finally got my invite, and hope to do well at the upcoming regional.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2013-03-30, 03:04

Your name is ~1.73205...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself