Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introduce yourself

Go down 
+176
Lightning
Vulturius
Gris
Salamandros
Dakota
Zoologist A
DJet89
blackwingEX
Vulcanpeace
kyurenjo
GrumpyOwl
BrookylnRage
farmergiles
Rexfighter
einherjar145
Argroh Valdios
CatTurtle
Kagami Ts
Scruffy420
TheCrimsonSoldier
NightmareDraw
Kasmania
MadMarch
Leonheart
yuzuruk
Jabberwock
Skyehawthorn
LightLightning
nate
MonolithAngel
root-3
Sky-V
Kodokami
aniodia
SayuriMatsuri
EclipseOfAshes
hawkeye
AegisCrow
UZI_tha_KLOWN
Chain11207
Black Phoenix
Avid
Zeronos
cardrevolution
phoenix_yamato
Reshbal
YAMIshin
Sir Woof Woofingon of wag
black cat
specrtalduke9387
123Deckbox
Raulm3
lexigurl97
beserking
sageco
MetaScratch
noobsaibot9387
junri
NicShare
Best_Sociopath
Lightswo2
Noy620
Mr. WoW
chromereaper
seththecookiehunter
jman5x
Jflux
dehart68
TwinPsionic
BlackManticore
aditde
spica
Rider Kick
Edalborez
The King of Hearts
Askandyr
FoodForThought
neogenisis
LiighTning
Hexagon
Epideme
Starphoenix
furion
simplyvanguard
GalladeTheAbsol
Loaded Lux
VesperGhoul
Donkay
doomboykhoi
taesyeon
alexander.stone88
Koko
Clement_Tea
LeEdenWeiss
gettineggywithit
Redbeastmage
haxie-kun
Dragon∞Blade
bucketcat
fotonurth
Chestnut_Rice
Gelatin
jamalamba
tehhammer
LittleFighterFox
DJ_Rapster
Nihckeuq
Kyril
Smittons
Xroshawk
TehNACHO
luis
Oflari
MysticEyes
Alvarofsj
Azure Falcon
DracoFox
Negi
Trinam
AbysmalDragon
WingZero
Featherine
Kirosnefakman
Omnigeek
Duce
Desir
Wingtips
Night_Live
Werekill
Shadowbane
Truelight
3XXXDDD
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
HerO
Vendetta98
richila
Tryston
NavyCherub
CyprusWHM
Zxblaze
mikeyli
zerotaine
corundum
ShiftyFish
Deingel
Nysonin609
megazordprime
SK HiToKiRi
Pcyborg
koalakyle
AstoXx
newbishop
The Pirate Guy
Lockon Stratos
AzraelZero
wan0009
Creepichi
PureCray
ScarletWeather
PuppyCop
firagadam
MattSide92
Mongoose
suna
Hal18
Another Leather Lung
Kaji Motomiya
ShinkenRed
HugeMcLargeTall
Traesive
Klaus
OGTriggerz
SoulKaiser
Wolfen
Mizuki
Alice
180 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. WoW

Mr. WoW

Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-03-30, 08:42

Sky-V wrote:
Where You Cardfight : Jakarta, Indonesia (Dont really see any other Indonesians in the forums)

I'm Indonesian :D
Back to top Go down
root-3

root-3

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-03-30, 08:45

Alice wrote:
Your name is ~1.73205...?

Close, but more like ~1.7320508...ha
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-03-30, 11:58

I can't do root 3 that far in my head, sorry.
Back to top Go down
MonolithAngel

MonolithAngel

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-03-30, 20:11

Where you Cardfight:
Newark, California (I live in Pleasanton, my friends and I drive to locals every Saturday).

Blade Wing Reijy.

Favorite Clan:
Dark Irregulars and Nova Grapplers.

Non-Vanguard Hobbies:
Yu-Gi-Oh, Z/X Zillions of Enemy TCG, Writing, Reading, Track.

How long have you been Cardfighting?
Ever since the release of Breaker of Limits... But I began to follow the game since August 2012.

How did you get to V-Mundi?
I had an unhealthy obsession with wanting to build a proper Blade Wing Reijy deck. He was the first Holo (shiny) card I had pulled from a booster pack, and I desperately searched for a way to reach 15 soul without shoving Triggers into the Soul. Upon discovering this site, I discovered not only a plentiful source of well-written decklists, but articles on how to improve and take my game to the next level.

A little about yourself:
Before playing Vanguard, I was an ardent Yugioh player (I play Frogs) and was extremely frustrated as Konami did little to help alleviate the burden of being a lower-tier player that constantly lost because I did not have the money to build Inzektors. I picked up interest in Vanguard after looking at the art of Blade Wing Reijy (after I bought a Vanguard booster pack for fun). Afterwards, I proceeded to convert my friends to Vanguard.
I am occasionally cynical and punny, but I will do my best to mask that here. I'm new to this forum (but have read the rules).
I'm also an (unofficial) freelance writer. I'm also a Sophomore in high school. My first book's manuscript is due before the end of summer break; I need the money to help alleviate college costs.
Oh, and I have an enormous sweet tooth.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-03-31, 06:13

Reijy is how DI should run in general
Back to top Go down
MonolithAngel

MonolithAngel

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-02, 00:30

Reijy is by far my favorite Dark Irregulars build, but his build is so expensive and chance-related that sometimes I regret using him.

But Critical +2 and pulling two Critical Triggers on a Drive Check sure is fun on the 1 in a billion chance it happens; I've managed to pull that off once at locals, and then I proceeded to have my face planted into the ground by crossrides.
Back to top Go down
nate

nate

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-02, 08:36

Where you Cardfight: Sydney, Australia

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Ultimate Dimensional Robo, Great Daiyusha

Your Favorite Clan: Probably Oracle Think Tank and Bermuda Triangle, love the playstyle

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: Like to play video games, sports and chill with friends

About how long have you been Cardfighting: Just started, a complete newbie :)

A little about yourself: I'm 16 quite outgoing, love sports and always keen to learn new things
Back to top Go down
LightLightning

LightLightning

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-03, 07:21

Hi all.

Where you Cardfight: Portugal

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Berserk Dragon (just because it's the most broken card in the game)

Your Favorite Clan: None, actually...

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: TCGs, martial arts, dancing

About how long have you been Cardfighting: About a year, since the game was released in Europe

How did you get to V-Mundi? Showed up in a google search for something I can't remember

A little about yourself:
I'm 27, have been playing TCGs since 1998, judged top level events for about 3 years, but mostly I'm a very competitive player.
I work as an IT consultant
Back to top Go down
Skyehawthorn

Skyehawthorn

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-06, 17:25

Where you Cardfight: Dallas, TX

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Top Idol, Pacifia,

Your Favorite Clan: Pale Moon and Bermuda are at the top but every clan has a place in my heart

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: Writing, Anime, Reading, Hanging out

About how long have you been Cardfighting: Since November 2012.

How did you get to V-Mundi? Friends who are big fans of Alice

A little about yourself: Im just a goofy kid trying to unite the hearts of the world. Man that sounded like something Rekka or an idol would say lol
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-06, 22:35

Where you Cardfight: Asia

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Alice

Your Favorite Clan: Pale Moon and Neo Nectar

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: Reading comics, online chatting, shopping

About how long have you been Cardfighting: Since July 2012

How did you get to V-Mundi? Showed up on google when I search for vanguard cardfight tips

A little about yourself:
32 years old. Work as Security Officer. First start on Yugioh. Love Machine deck and my first deck is machina which later changes to Karakuri. The meta nowaday is too fast for me to catch up. The ridiculous power creep and the expenses of Xyz and Synchro that I later quit. Watches Vanguard Cardfight every Sunday and decide to try it out. Got hooked. Ask my friend who works as a cleaner to try out Vanguard Cardfight. He uses to play Yugioh like me too, but quits due to the ridiculous expenses of certain cards. Buy a trial narukami deck to test it out while my friend buys a trial gold paladin deck. Got hooked and meets with many other players. It feels weird playing with kids and teenagers since I am over 30, not to mention a security officer playing the children card game, haha. But I later switch to Neo Nectar because it's cheap and I really like Maiden of Trailing Rose. I also makes the Touchdown. Alice! after coming across this site.
Back to top Go down
yuzuruk

yuzuruk

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-07, 11:31

Where you Cardfight: Garland, TX

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Dragonic Overlord

Your Favorite Clan: Kagero and royal paladin

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: manga, anime, video games, reading

About how long have you been Cardfighting: about a year and a half

How did you get to V-Mundi? tehnacho's blog introduced me to vmundi

A little about yourself: I really enjoy playing vanguard with my friends and hope to get better at this game :D
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-07, 13:20

Hah, the rest of my family lives in Garland.
Back to top Go down
Leonheart

Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-08, 14:42

Where you Cardfight: Australia

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Captain Nightmist :)

Your Favorite Clan: Granblue

Hi all, I've just discovered this forum and blog, and it's awesome. and I kind of like the idea of playing to have fun, not to have the strongest deck or to win. On a glance I noticed that the blog have a very deep review of each clan which is great, but it doesn't cover all cards which is understandable, otherwise it's be too long. Too bad Nightmist didn't get a very good review :( Oh, and for some clan, why is there just a few deck build idea? an example is OTT, a friend of mine love Scarlet Witch CoCo build, and I think it's pretty popular?
Back to top Go down
MonolithAngel

MonolithAngel

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-08, 20:23

Leonheart wrote:

...Too bad Nightmist didn't get a very good review :( Oh, and for some clan, why is there just a few deck build idea? an example is OTT, a friend of mine love Scarlet Witch CoCo build, and I think it's pretty popular?

You have to remember that Alice's blogs and decklists are for the competitive and advanced; Captain Nightmist just didn't make the cut. 8000 power isn't very great for setting up columns this format with all the Hamburger-Time running around, and his +3000 skill isn't always active. Besides, Granblue has better cards for use.

Scarlet Witch CoCo is much more gimmick-based than OTT truly should be. OTT relies on key concepts such as divination, etc, that CoCo does not focus on. Also, it's because many Coco decks rely on riding Coco, then riding OVER it with Amaterasu; which is a -1, your soul has been reduced to a pathetic status by Coco and Lulu, and all the powerful OTT effects that might want to use the soul (such the Soulblast 2, draw 1 unit) are rendered worthless. Coco looks cute though.

And welcome to Vmundi!
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-08, 20:56

MonolithAngel wrote:
Leonheart wrote:

...Too bad Nightmist didn't get a very good review :( Oh, and for some clan, why is there just a few deck build idea? an example is OTT, a friend of mine love Scarlet Witch CoCo build, and I think it's pretty popular?

You have to remember that Alice's blogs and decklists are for the competitive and advanced; Captain Nightmist just didn't make the cut. 8000 power isn't very great for setting up columns this format with all the Hamburger-Time running around, and his +3000 skill isn't always active. Besides, Granblue has better cards for use.

Scarlet Witch CoCo is much more gimmick-based than OTT truly should be. OTT relies on key concepts such as divination, etc, that CoCo does not focus on. Also, it's because many Coco decks rely on riding Coco, then riding OVER it with Amaterasu; which is a -1, your soul has been reduced to a pathetic status by Coco and Lulu, and all the powerful OTT effects that might want to use the soul (such the Soulblast 2, draw 1 unit) are rendered worthless. Coco looks cute though.

And welcome to Vmundi!

Players actually run Coco with Amaterasu? Here, all players I see who run Coco, always combo with Sakuya and Luck Bird.
Back to top Go down
Leonheart

Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-08, 22:20

MonolithAngel wrote:
Leonheart wrote:

And welcome to Vmundi!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm a sucker for good design artwork cards regardless of their effect. That's why I got into Vanguard in the first place! but thankfully Cocytus looks fantastic as well...Another fav card of mine is also Lion Heat, but I don't really like most of Nova Grapplers card lookwise, too bad.
Back to top Go down
MonolithAngel

MonolithAngel

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-08, 22:52

@Jabberwock
All the Coco players at my locals use her with Amaterasu; I've no idea why, I've never been interested in the concept of OTT either way. I'm just stating an observation that I've made; I'm sure people use Sakuya as well, but I never see Sakuya+Coco at locals. Ever.

But I haven't been at locals for two months because of school and Hamburger-Time, so who knows right? :P

@Leonheart:
You're welcome! And yeah, I got into Vanguard because of the art. Stealth Dragon Voidmaster was enough for me to give up Yugioh for Vanguard
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-08, 22:54

You gotta love them dragons wearing pants.
Back to top Go down
Leonheart

Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-08, 23:52

@MonolithAngel: Yeah, Yu-Gi-Oh artwork is far below Vanguard IMO, and don't even talk about MTG. Hamburger time...? is that an US word for working part time at McDonalds?
Back to top Go down
MadMarch

MadMarch

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-08, 23:59

Where you Cardfight: California

Your Avatar (favorite unit):
Dusk Illusionist, Robert (trying to make Kiriya proud :D)

Your Favorite Clan: Pale Moon, though megacolony is one of my favorite also

Non-Vanguard Hobbies:Magic tricks, animation, I like to play indie games and I make youtube videos :)

About how long have you been Cardfighting:
I learned about vanguard at the Anime Expo, so probably around July 2012 or something

How did you get to V-Mundi? I stumbled on this site trying to learn how to play granblue and I've been hooked ever since.

A little about yourself:
I really love strategy or indie games, Starcraft and Limbo, stuff like that. I enjoy vanguard and aim to get better, though i enjoy using units I like rather than the 'best' unit for that clan which is why I have a lot of lesser played clans. I like horror movies. I got a webcam so it would be fun if anyone would want to play since the meta at my shop is 13k vanguards x)
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-09, 01:19

Have you seen the remake to Evil Dead yet?
Back to top Go down
Kasmania

Kasmania

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-09, 03:48

Oh there's an introduction thread.

Where you Cardfight: Atlanta, GA (Soon to be Durham, NC, so if anyone knows a good Cardfight scene around there, I would love to hear about it)

Your Avatar (favorite unit): PR♥ISM-Promise, Labrador

Your Favorite Clan: Bermuda Triangle~ ♥

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: Science. RP. Touhou.

About how long have you been Cardfighting: About a year now.

How did you get to V-Mundi? Teh google. Also I followed the vague scent of rage and butthurt.

A little about yourself: I play unconventional and stupid decks because I like seeing people freak out over how my retarded mess of a deck somehow twin drived them 3 times in a single turn. I refuse to ever play any clan with the word "Paladin" in it. I will never play Dragonic Overlord, The End, but I do like playing my 17/16/16/1 Seal Dragon Blockade rushdown MANDECK. I currently have 10 different clan decks that I cycle through because I'm stupid and have nothing better to spend money on apparently.
Back to top Go down
NightmareDraw

NightmareDraw

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-09, 06:25

Where you Cardfight: Manila, philippines

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Dark illusionist, robert

Your Favorite Clan: still on my journey to find one

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: surfing the net, reading, drawing, dancing, singing, tekken... etc.

About how long have you been Cardfighting: 2 months

How did you get to V-Mundi? google

A little about yourself: 19 year old college, struggling to get decent budget for this hobby (tekken was my most expensive hobby, i play alot in the arcade)...uhm, i have a small circle of friends, and not that sociable and strangely i don't have that loser, stereotype image...uhm, i usually stay at home...not much i can think of
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-09, 18:12

MonolithAngel wrote:
@Jabberwock
All the Coco players at my locals use her with Amaterasu; I've no idea why, I've never been interested in the concept of OTT either way. I'm just stating an observation that I've made; I'm sure people use Sakuya as well, but I never see Sakuya+Coco at locals. Ever.
That doesn't mean that if I made the decklist, it would be equally braindead. I already had a working Scarlet Witch deck and it was stupidly boring. My opponent is a witness to me literally falling asleep as I played--and I still won. It also felt like vapid yugioh shit with the boring ass drawing.
Back to top Go down
TheCrimsonSoldier

TheCrimsonSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty2013-04-10, 16:34

Where you Cardfight: Alberta, Canada

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Cat Butler

Your Favorite Clan: 3-way tie between Angel Feather, Kagero and Nova Grappler

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: Psychology, various sports, music.

About how long have you been Cardfighting: since July 2012.

How did you get to V-Mundi? I google searched NG clan analysis and fell in love.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: