View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ShinkenRed

PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   2012-11-13, 21:38

Yeh got Cursed Lancer! xp
Quote :
Well ladies & gentleman, it has been completely updated! Not one card missing~
Almost tot that Eternal Wing and Takugal will be in the list, along with ETrangers....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   2012-12-26, 23:20

So, since it's been a little bit more than a month since the last argument about how much the program sucks, has anyone tried it again to see if the issues are resolved because I would like to try something other than BYOND, but I don't want to download something if I'm unsure it functions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CyprusWHM

PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   2012-12-27, 00:39

Omnigeek wrote:
So, since it's been a little bit more than a month since the last argument about how much the program sucks, has anyone tried it again to see if the issues are resolved because I would like to try something other than BYOND, but I don't want to download something if I'm unsure it functions.

It's better than it was the last time we were talking about it, but that's not saying much. As bad as Byond is, it's still far more useable than this is. Which is a shame, because I'd rather just have a sim than a chat room full of middle schoolers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   2012-12-27, 05:17

The person who was converting this from it's older Yugioh form is thinking about converting YGOPro (which is apparently much better than DN) to handle Vanguard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CyprusWHM

PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   2012-12-27, 10:02

3XXXDDD wrote:
The person who was converting this from it's older Yugioh form is thinking about converting YGOPro (which is apparently much better than DN) to handle Vanguard.

YGOPro is awesome. The last time I played Yugioh was like 6+ years ago, but it's totally automated (like the DS/PSP games) so I was able to play one of my friends without having to ask him when/how certain cards go off. If it was converted to Vanguard it'd prevent any sort of cheating and b.s. that Byond can pull.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   2013-01-03, 11:14

Well it seems they took out the Yugioh Crap at least.

Also since Hamachi is stingy and Tunngle is bloated, this looks potentially great for a VPN

http://www.comodo.com/home/email-security/vpn-access.php

I set up a V-Mundi network, pass is Vanguard91
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   2013-01-29, 15:17

http://vanguard.jproject.xz.lt/index.php?topic=1191.msg1877;boardseen#new

Some more updates,

Quote :
Hotkeys for Soulcharge (Ctrl+Q) and Trigger Check (Ctrl+T). (Can be changed in Preferences menu)
While trigger checking card goes to Trigger Zone.
Bottom card goes to Soul while Ridding from Hand.
Players are prompted when card is flipped in Damage Zone.
By double clicking face down card on the Field you turn it face up.
More space for cards in hand.
Improved Update system.
Cards up to BT09. (BT10 will be added later)
"Genesis" clan search in Advanced Search menu (clan cards not yet included)

Quote :
There were request for Bind Zone, there is no need for that. You can put cards anywhere on the field face down, this also can be used for Ride Chains (by putting cards face down on the field then drawing required amount of cards from deck)
There will be no Guard Zone. Due to system's limits and how card placement is coded I can't make guard zone in location where it supposed to be, because it would mess up card placement (cards would fly out of screen while moving/turning). But there is a lot of free space on the sides. So just put cards there while guarding. This is also reason why Damage Zone is in separate window.
As game window can't be re sized, full screen mode is only useful for small resolution screens to fit entire game window.
After some testing I saw no difference between using thumbnails or re sizing each card image. Load times are almost same. I might look into this later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   2013-03-07, 16:31

Alice wrote:
Okay this application is terrifyingly bad. Here's a list of absolute must-fixes before I even boot up this app one more time:

• Deck creation requires you to know the cards by name and has no sorting options or filters like clan/trigger/nation/grade. Ew
  • This was clearly not designed for Vanguard. It's missing the guard zone, trigger zone and bind zone entirely for one
  • There are no "drive/damage check" macros. For drive checking you simply reveal+draw and then your card is stuck turned the other way until you shuffle your hand. How fucking dumb
  • There is no damage check. You have to draw+reveal, then send to the damage zone.
  • There is no damage flipping. You "mark" the damage instead and your opponent doesn't see a message that you did it. So they have to check every time you look at your damage zone
  • That's another thing. You have to manually look into the DZ to see how much damage you have. It's not laid out for you. Hell, there's not even a number counter
  • It's slow as shit at buffering images. I know this is Python but god DAMN. This would be bearable if it was the only problem.
  • Riding is the most cumbersome and mal-intuitive thing ever. You have to manually drag your current vanguard to the "soul" "button", then drag the card you want to ride on the now-empty vanguard circle. Howafuckingbout: an auto-soul feature like byond and vanguard master
  • Everything is action command. You have to open the context menu for every action instead of just fucking dragging shit around
  • Good luck trying to use any of the rank 2 or 3 ride chains
  • There's this huge as fuck empty space on the field where your full player hand can go instead of being half a card visible to you. In fact, howabout a goddamn guard zone there
  • Since the trigger zone is missing, naturally the drop zone is incorrectly above the deck which would teach new players to get DQ'd at tournaments
  • The "full screen" feature just puts the tiny window in your upper left and pads out the screen with empty GUI space
  • Simple intuitive actions like double clicking a facedown card to flip it aren't present at all. Double click to draw makes no sense when that should be "search deck"
  • Has no "draw opening hand" macro. Would be nice to also have a "mark for mulligan" macro like Vanguard Master
  • You can tell that the code physically loads the large picture of a card for every card thumbnail but resizes it. This is a horrendous waste of memory and should be creating temp images that are smaller from the larger source image in some cache.
  • Simply dragging to call/ride should do just that. We don't need a list like call/ride, set, guard. There is no fucking setting in Vanguard anyway and the guard zone should EXIST. Therefore dragging itself should automatically call/ride.

And I'm sure I'll think of more debilitating problems with this program.

> Strike items are no longer problems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   2013-03-08, 01:36

Oh good so it's only half of a vortex of puke instead of a whole one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   2013-03-08, 01:47

Well from what one of the programmers wrote, it looks like the "guard zone" and "bind zone" are going to remain open space on the field for a while longer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   2013-03-12, 14:14

Created a V-Mundi Network on EVOLVE VPN - https://www.evolvehq.com/groups/v-mundi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. WoW

PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   2013-03-13, 05:04

Why didn't I see this sooner..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nysonin609

PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   2013-03-13, 06:41

Started a Hamachi Server, and will either eventually pay to make it bigger or make more
Currently it's "V-Mundi Official 1" and the password is "ALICE"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   2013-03-31, 22:29

Another update. Added a button to check a number of top cards you put in, Dazzling Divas and some of Set 11 added as well as promos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleFighterFox

PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   2013-04-01, 14:06

I was actually looking at the code, and I might, if I have some free time, try and modify it to fix all glaring problems. (Half-hearted response)

An interesting thing I found was that the 'soul' is using a variable name "RFG" which makes no sense in my opinion. Cray Online is literally placed right on top the Yugioh version, so I hope I can make it more 'vanguard-ish'.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   

Back to top Go down

Cray Online
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Cardfight!! Vanguard :: News-
Jump to: