Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Translation Errors General

Go down 
+13
Klaus
Some Gamer Dude
LittleFighterFox
Epideme
Chestnut_Rice
Donkay
ShinkenRed
mastermune
zawarudo
Mizuki
Lockon Stratos
ScarletWeather
Alice
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Alice
Admin
Alice

Translation Errors General - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Translation Errors General   Translation Errors General - Page 3 Empty2013-03-30, 03:18

Brace your anus for more of this bullshit. This one first pointed out by AbysmalDragon.
The phrase During your turn, or あなたのターン (Anata no taan) Is the only statement ever used by Bushiroad in their TCG to indicate whether something occurs during the self_player's turn. Let's look at Dracokid and Sweep Commando
Translation Errors General - Page 3 PNyCkdN Translation Errors General - Page 3 U9DtG4H

GUESS WHAT THEY ARE FUCKING MISSING?

Just say "NO" to Wikia translations!

Scruff McGruff
Chicago IL 60652
Back to top Go down
LittleFighterFox

LittleFighterFox

PostSubject: Re: Translation Errors General   Translation Errors General - Page 3 Empty2013-03-30, 15:10

I'm just reading it and I'm going like:
あ Yep its there
な Uh huh
た Okay
の What is Alice talking about?
タ o.O Damn that is a knife there...
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Translation Errors General   Translation Errors General - Page 3 Empty2013-03-30, 15:15

Circle in the images where you see this. Because Abysmal and I can't see it.
Back to top Go down
LittleFighterFox

LittleFighterFox

PostSubject: Re: Translation Errors General   Translation Errors General - Page 3 Empty2013-03-30, 15:53

No, they are missing that phrase. I was just reading the card and found 4 out of the 7 characters.
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: Translation Errors General   Translation Errors General - Page 3 Empty2013-04-04, 01:32

Going by the new update to the Comprehensive Rules, the "retreating vanguard" skill keyword called Pioneer by wikia will be called Forerunner in the localization.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Translation Errors General   Translation Errors General - Page 3 Empty2013-04-04, 08:05

Ah well I'll wait until I have an official source of that. But they should've either called it Retreat or Advance because that's what the unit does.

Hope you guys all saw my AF update because I fixed a massive failure by Bushiroad. They translated a card as Hermieres despite having very few of those letters. It was Eremiel, and I can even prove that's an angel. Fucksake.
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: Translation Errors General   Translation Errors General - Page 3 Empty2013-04-04, 16:11

Translation Errors General - Page 3 2tSlx

From Bushi's "card of the day" thing.

While "Electric Shaver Dragon" (as it had been called before this reveal) is a fucking ridiculous name, using シェイバー (sheibaa) for "Electric Shaper" instead of シェイパー (sheipaa). Similar sort of thing as they did with Palamedes, aka バロミデス (baromides) except in that case it made sense to change to Pa. See also: Vowing.

Bushi, do you even English?

Edit: Actually I'm gonna blame this on tiny font (at least on what they have written under the card image, if not the card itself). They are using "sheipaa". It's just hard as fuck to see without magnifying.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Translation Errors General   Translation Errors General - Page 3 Empty2013-04-04, 17:53

That still doesn't excuse that Hermieres shit.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Translation Errors General   Translation Errors General - Page 3 Empty2013-04-04, 19:22

It also doesn't change the fact that the name makes me think of an man's electric razor blade to shave. I don't know what they were going for, but the comparison/analogy they wanted to use is lost on me.
Back to top Go down
AegisCrow

AegisCrow

PostSubject: Re: Translation Errors General   Translation Errors General - Page 3 Empty2013-04-04, 23:00

no matter what they say, in my heart, its name shall forevermore be: the Norelco special.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Translation Errors General   Translation Errors General - Page 3 Empty2013-04-05, 01:05

Oh, and if the English text under the image is accurate it was supposed to be Shaper anyway. Looks like someone might have screwed up a little.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Translation Errors General   Translation Errors General - Page 3 Empty2013-04-05, 10:16

>Implying Shaper isn't just more word salad bullshit anyway
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Translation Errors General   Translation Errors General - Page 3 Empty2013-04-15, 21:03

>Pathetic Knight Olwen

The kanji 悲 means something closer to "morose", or "melancholic" and while Olwen is a character from the Mabinogion in Culhwch and Olwen, this katakana is 士 オウェイン which is much much closer to Owain. Which was an actual character Ywain/Owain.

Most likely, his name is "Knight of Melancholy, Owain"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Translation Errors General   Translation Errors General - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Translation Errors General
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3