HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 V-Mundi General

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Trinam

avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-13, 02:28

I certainly hope that by V*Mundi you meant the blog and not the forums. Some of us certainly differ in from Alice in many a key area. ;)

That said, I figure when the English version gets restrictions (And note that I used 'when' and not 'if,' restrictions are an inevitability and it seems unlikely that they'll actually change the crossrides' power) they will probably be in a similar format, but there's a firm possibility the cards will be different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-13, 03:37

Shadowbane wrote:
So basically, Bushiroad posted on their CFVG FB page the reason behind the restrictions:

Quote :
[Reason for Adjustment in the Japanese Version]

We have received a lot of feedback during this short period of time regarding the new restrictions in the Japanese edition Cardfight!! Vanguard. Thank you for taking your time to comment, email and call us.

The cards are restricted due to them being overly used, which resulted in an unbalance in the tournament results and environment in Japan. The restriction is implemented as an adjustment to refresh the game environment for the fighters.

As the tournament environment for the English edition Cardfight!! Vanguard is different, we do not intend to implement the same restriction at all.

They sound pissed off in that letter. For a corporation, that's practically scathing. I'm sure they're tired of all the whiny kids spamming their twitter and shit by now.

Trinam wrote:
I certainly hope that by V*Mundi you meant the blog and not the forums. Some of us certainly differ in from Alice in many a key area. ;)

That said, I figure when the English version gets restrictions (And note that I used 'when' and not 'if,' restrictions are an inevitability and it seems unlikely that they'll actually change the crossrides' power) they will probably be in a similar format, but there's a firm possibility the cards will be different.
If you differ from this community in a major way, you're still going to be represented as though your opinion was in line with the ethos. This community's creation and focus is dedicated to balanced play and it has decided that crossrides are imbalanced. I did the same thing with Trick Room Pokemon community which was dedicated to breaking the prisoner's dilemma of the Tier list and allowing people to fight with their favorites. Smogonfags were maniacally pissed off and the ones that joined the forum always refused to play ball and be cooperative. When you join communities with their own core rule sets, this is what you get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trinam

avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-13, 03:57

So basically even if I don't agree with you I agree with you?

Huh. That's some logic right thar, but I guess it's not too far off from the theory of people assuming the President speaks for the entire USA.

It tends to be wrong, but it's a theory nonetheless and one that is often held to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-13, 04:37

You're ignoring the point on purpose. No one is going to see you as an individual when they think of this community. Hell, people probably have no idea you're here. When people think V-Mundi they think of a certain ethos, regardless of what the individual members believe. You do the same thing in your daily life too, so get off your high horse. When you think of a company and stereotype them in a certain way, you lose the individuality of the people inside it. Same goes for churches like "Baptists".

The point is, V-Mundi DOES have an ethos and I intend to spread it regardless of what you personally believe. Now within the community, you're free to challenge those beliefs as long as you have evidence, math, facts, or reason to back it up.

Also try not to start every post you make with a shitpost. "So basically even if I don't agree with you I agree with you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trinam

avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-13, 11:37

In an effort to not start every post with a shitpost then, I shall start this one with an insightful 'That's all well and good, but I have serious doubts that any evidence, math, facts or reason will ever overcome anyone's statement in an argument on the internet in any place. Statements that it will have, in my experience, generally been used by people who are pseudo-intellectuals to make it seem that their intentions are balanced when they have no real interest in actually entertaining the idea that they may be incorrect. This is because in 3000 years since Al Gore's invention of the internet, not once has anyone ever actually won an argument with any of the above tactics. Instead you just get Jim Hensen sick burning Ayn Rand.'

I'd love to be wrong about this, but I've read the arguments on this on this forum (because I was bored and it was a Tuesday), and no side won over the other regardless of how many facts they threw like so many dictionaries being aimed at the opponent's face. You might not be a pseudo-intellectual though. Jury's still out on that one as I haven't seen enough of your thought process to have an opinion. (And for the record yes, my opinion matters that much. I am head of P-I Finders international, an organization I just made up twenty minutes ago for the specific purpose of finding pseudo-intellectuals. It's totally legit, we have a tumblr.)

Setting that aside and moving circuitously back to the rest of our discussion, I have a question. 'What ethos is it that people associate with V-Mundi?' Really, outside of here what do people believe V-Mundi's ethos to be, and how close is it to the ethos you're attempting to espouse? The whole crossrides qq itself implies that people don't fully understand it, or else why would they be saying this was somehow V-Mundi's fault in the first place?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-13, 11:56

Trinam wrote:
In an effort to not start every post with a shitpost then, I shall start this one with an insightful 'That's all well and good, but I have serious doubts that any evidence, math, facts or reason will ever overcome anyone's statement in an argument on the internet in any place. Statements that it will have, in my experience, generally been used by people who are pseudo-intellectuals to make it seem that their intentions are balanced when they have no real interest in actually entertaining the idea that they may be incorrect. This is because in 3000 years since Al Gore's invention of the internet, not once has anyone ever actually won an argument with any of the above tactics. Instead you just get Jim Hensen sick burning Ayn Rand.'

I'd love to be wrong about this, but I've read the arguments on this on this forum (because I was bored and it was a Tuesday), and no side won over the other regardless of how many facts they threw like so many dictionaries being aimed at the opponent's face. You might not be a pseudo-intellectual though. Jury's still out on that one as I haven't seen enough of your thought process to have an opinion. (And for the record yes, my opinion matters that much. I am head of P-I Finders international, an organization I just made up twenty minutes ago for the specific purpose of finding pseudo-intellectuals. It's totally legit, we have a tumblr.)

Sorry, We don't need fluff.

Quote :
Setting that aside and moving circuitously back to the rest of our discussion, I have a question. 'What ethos is it that people associate with V-Mundi?' Really, outside of here what do people believe V-Mundi's ethos to be, and how close is it to the ethos you're attempting to espouse? The whole crossrides qq itself implies that people don't fully understand it, or else why would they be saying this was somehow V-Mundi's fault in the first place?

Our ethos would be to promote two things; a skilled set of players and a fair, balanced environment for Vanguard to thrive. People outside though think Restriction lists are a sin against nature, when really it's just a matter of accepting that there isn't such as thing as perfect foresight, not even in R&D, so it's Restrictions are put in place as a re-active, rather than, pro-active, remedy of R&D.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trinam

avatar


PostSubject: V-Mundi General   2012-12-13, 12:04

As a cynical satirist, the fluff comes pound and parcel with the thought. It's like Alice's obscenities, it just comes with the territory.

That said, I fear you missed the question. I didn't ask what our ethos was. I asked what our ethos was viewed as in the wider community and how close that was to what it actually was.

Though admittedly I should probably ask Pojo but. Pojo, man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-13, 12:37

@Trinam, have you actually given it a shot? No, you haven't. You've sat behind shitposts with your nose turned up at a community that has before (and will continue) to readily admit when it's wrong. Any time my blog contains errors, major or minor, I work to correct them as quickly as possible. Just ask TehNACHO. And when someone else makes an error, I work to correct them too. We don't always get the right answer, but that's a good thing. That means we're doing science. You have to fail many times to find the right answers.

So howabout you stop being a douchebag to people for crimes they haven't committed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trinam

avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-13, 13:03

Alice I'd like to begin my response by thanking you for moving these comment to their own thread. It's for the best that what may come not sully the fine boards we are on.

That said, I would like to ask if you prefer I respond in my usual satirical manner, or if you would prefer an actual argument. I feel you should know I'm not nearly as... Cordial when I'm actually arguing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TehNACHO

avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-13, 19:36

I just scrolled through this page real fast and saw I was mentioned.

Funny, there's a thread about that going on at Pojo about this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-14, 02:50

You're not even arguing and there's nothing to argue about.

What do you mean Nacho?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TehNACHO

avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-14, 03:27

There's a thread on Pojo asking how they view Vmundi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-14, 04:25

FOUND IT. Surprising things being said. Looks like the "hate" isn't really for me and is localized much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TehNACHO

avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-15, 01:58

Just checking, when someone netdecks, do you blame the netdecker or the source?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WingZero

avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-24, 15:16

I joined this site/group/family about a month ago. In that short amount of time, I've realized how dumb people are. Thank you, Vmundi <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-24, 15:27

>Someone who doesn't hate me for opening their eyes to the stupidity around them
Okay maybe today won't be a bad Christmas Eve after all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScarletWeather

avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-24, 15:33

Alice wrote:
>Someone who doesn't hate me for opening their eyes to the stupidity around them
Okay maybe today won't be a bad Christmas Eve after all

Doesn't eighty percent of this forum either agree with you or accept what you say without serious question, though?

(Scrooge, AWAY~)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WingZero

avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-24, 15:36

No seriously since joining here, I feel like the light at the end of the tunnel... Isn't as bright as I thought it was.



I keep seeing people use the Arguement "Pellinore got 2nd at Worlds and won some qualifiers therefore its good" and I just beat them with a deckbox full of cement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-24, 15:39

ScarletWeather wrote:
Doesn't eighty percent of this forum either agree with you or accept what you say without serious question, though?
Only someone who's never been to the IRC would even think that.

@WingZero: That's called a BRICK. You assaulted someone with a BRICK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-24, 15:41

ScarletWeather wrote:
Alice wrote:
>Someone who doesn't hate me for opening their eyes to the stupidity around them
Okay maybe today won't be a bad Christmas Eve after all

Doesn't eighty percent of this forum either agree with you or accept what you say without serious question, though?

(Scrooge, AWAY~)

Like half of this forum signed up simply to disagree with her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScarletWeather

avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-24, 15:44

Alice wrote:
ScarletWeather wrote:
Doesn't eighty percent of this forum either agree with you or accept what you say without serious question, though?
Only someone who's never been to the IRC would even think that.

@WingZero: That's called a BRICK. You assaulted someone with a BRICK.

IRC? Humbug.

(Would you actually want me there? I have a hard enough time imposing a mind/page filter when I'm giving myself time to think out responses instead of trying to keep up a conversation)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-24, 15:45

Scarlet. You can come into the IRC. No one has forbid you from coming. I'm surprised you never tried actually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScarletWeather

avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-24, 15:49

Alice wrote:
Scarlet. You can come into the IRC. No one has forbid you from coming. I'm surprised you never tried actually.

Oh, I know I'm invited. Actually I have been in there at least once, but it was a long time ago.

Actually I haven't even really been trying to keep myself out. Why haven't I been back?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WingZero

avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2012-12-24, 16:25

You actually need to be incredibly intelligent to go... you should see some of the fools that come through... :S



@Alice And no, its a deckbox filled with cement. Not a brick. Those leave marks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mizuki

avatar


PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   2013-01-01, 01:02

I take full credit for WingZero, and Were. <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi General   

Back to top Go down
 
V-Mundi General
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: V-Mundi General-
Jump to: