Share | 

Forum Suggestions

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-24, 15:23

Just wondering if people would like to see any other particular sections or things to the forum that haven't already been put into place?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-24, 15:41

I've thought we should do this too. The forum is much bigger than it was in May. I added the subforum for decklists and some other stuff since then but it'd be nice to see what people think is lacking here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-24, 18:03

Section for strategies and clan discussions?

Though, I guess that already exists, kinda *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-24, 18:06

Yeah that's the TCG forum and there are clan threads there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-24, 19:16

Not really a suggestion for the forum itself, but rather for the change Alice suggested for Crossrides. Instead of making them 13k only on your turn, make them 12k on both turn. I've been doing some thinking, and found that 12k on both turns is not difficult to hit magic numbers against, having it block only the weakest of booster and beater combinations from hitting 2 stages. It still gives the superior defense that they're meant to have, but are not insurmountable by anything but vanilla decks. It seems like a good idea to me, and I'm positive I'm not missing anything this time. There, I just balanced the Crossride mechanic, they are no longer broken! *DOTE looms over.* Right, yeaaaah, not opening THAT can of worms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-24, 19:21

Eh, goes into the Cross-Ride bickering thread. Had nothing to do with anything here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-24, 20:16

Well, perhaps Alice could implement that in the V*Mundi format. Keep DOTE where he is, COMPLETELY banned, and allow the others with the 12k errata. Suddenly, while still being titanic beings not to be trifled with, they become much easier to combat. Now, only Aqua Force can't stand against them, but they don't really stand a chance against any clan that sports a vg with greater than 10k anyway, so nothing really changes there. There, NOW it fits, I think. Move this to the appropiate thread if not, please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-24, 22:30

12k for doing nothing is no good. At least Shamsiel has to do something, take some kind of risk, incur some kind of cost. NOPE.

Also that goes here: http://vmundi.forumotion.com/t163-vmf-daiyuusha-crossride-discussion
Make general VMF suggestions there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Traesive

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-25, 06:17

Might not be a suggestion for the forum itself, but maybe having a separate format besides the existing V Mundi format, but custom cards allowed?
But the cards have to be a) Approved first and b) Have a restriction limiting the amount of custom cards are allowed in a deck to like, let's say 8, so people won't make entire custom decks and completely screws things over. Like maybe have all cards have a mandatory effect saying:
"Allegiant - You can only have up to 8 cards with Allegiant in your deck". (god took me forever to find a decent name. And why does my compootur detect allegiant as a spelling error?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-25, 07:50

Wow you're like the fourth person to suggest that in 72 hours. Weird.

I dunno how I'd do it but I know two things:
-People outside of our community would shit themselves and piss all over us with hate and scorn.
-People inside the community would bitch at me that their broken/sucky card didn't get approved. So basically I'd have to run it as a dictatorship where only I can make them. And even I'm not infalliable. I would consider this option if the idea of being the sole arbiter of card making didn't disgust me, and having to screw with other peoples' cards didn't disgust me even more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-25, 08:03

So how about a slight re-structuring of the forum? I know it's like this now and what I suggest might come off as change for the sake of change but quite frankly I'm getting quite pissed at "NEW" on Vanguard TCG when all it really is another VMPT Results.

There would be sections, sub divided into Forums

V-Mundi
V-Mundi Announcements
V-Mundi General
Newbie Lounge
Thrash (Mods only obviously)

Cardfight!! Vanguard
Trading Card Game
Anime & Manga Discussion
News
Trading

Tournament
VMPT

The Off-Topic is a nice joke but I think this Community may have outgrown it.

I feel the Tournament Section will eventually have to break off into it's own section once VMPT isn't the only Tournament around. Deck Discussion also might better serve being it's own forum rather than a sub in the TCG which would be for more general strategy, not to mention easier to locate.

Asides from that, Trinam got me thinking, maybe we should create a proper V-Mundi Manifesto to pin up in the Newbie Lounge explaining who V-Mundi are, what level of argument V-Mundi tolerates and useful links such as the Nikzor Fallacies and Introduction to Game Theory lectures and so on and so forth?

I personally have been looking into both of those recently in order to help V-Mundi grow and evolve as community, you know like how TehNacho seems to be the only on the level of understanding the Maths Alice doles out even to the point of correcting it, I want to understand debate properly so I can essentially do the same and correct where mistakes are made by members of the Community. You know, the constructive part of all the criticism that is being thrown around? Not to say I'm infallible by any means but that's exactly why the pinned documents were suggested, so members can correct each other with a proper discourse rather than asserting nothings and flinging shit and turning every thread into the Cross-Ride bickering thread.

Apologies if that sounded a bit like rambling near the end. I enjoy this community not so much because it's good, we have some newbies and n00bs floating around but more so because it's motivated, people here want to get better, they want to improve and many follow through with the necessary regimes and well that inspires me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-25, 15:30

Sounds good. I'll get on it today
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-25, 20:28

I'm sure somebody out there also understands.

I wouldn't mind having to teach either, rather straightforward, hypergeometric probability is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-25, 20:41

wat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-25, 20:54

Why did I type that sentence so weird?

I wouldn't mind having to try to teach it either, as hypergeometric probability is rather straightforward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-25, 21:05

TehNACHO wrote:
Why did I type that sentence so weird?

I wouldn't mind having to try to teach it either, as hypergeometric probability is rather straightforward.
You mean to newbies?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-25, 21:07

And people apparently like 3D who'd want better understanding of debates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-25, 22:01

TehNACHO wrote:
And people apparently like 3D who'd want better understanding of debates.

Apparently?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-25, 22:34

I was never aware you wanted to be part of me and Alice's crossfire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Werekill

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-25, 22:52

Why are new members locked from even seeing the rest of the forum? I can understamd preventing posts till they get approved, but not only is it unclear that there is more to the forum, there isn't even a post anywhere (that I know of) that says how to get to the rest. For us to grow as a community, this needs to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-25, 22:56

Oh right, we probably need to do more than vague hints like referring the place as a kiddie pool every time an argument springs up...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-25, 23:09

Werekill wrote:
Why are new members locked from even seeing the rest of the forum? I can understamd preventing posts till they get approved, but not only is it unclear that there is more to the forum, there isn't even a post anywhere (that I know of) that says how to get to the rest. For us to grow as a community, this needs to be fixed.
You're mistaken about several things
  1. Locking them out from seeing stops the shitposters who raid us from bitching about the site's content anywhere else and generally makes them give up and go away.
  2. There's a post. Open your eyes. It's in the announcements forum which is visible to everyone. It's even a sticky. The point of this is that they don't know how to get into the regular forum though, so I'm not going to tell them. All they need to do is post enough times for me to determine if they're going to cause problems
  3. We're not trying to "grow as a community" by letting just anyone in. We do not want a bunch of randoms, pubs, pojotards, facebookfreaks, and shitposters in here. We do not want shitposters disguised as normal members either. We only want to accept people who will not be a problem and will contribute to an intellectually honest and academic environment. How many people like that do you know in Vanguard? The goal was never to create a giant community with no quality control. That already exists; it's called Pojo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Werekill

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-26, 00:56

Ah, I see it now. I figured there might be a thread somewhere, so I added that qualifier into my original post.

So they are locked from seeing the rest (and I don't mean posting rights, I mean literally seeing) to prevent raids?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-26, 00:57

Prevent would have to be a rather loose term, though that last raid was pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   2012-12-26, 09:52

TehNACHO wrote:
I was never aware you wanted to be part of me and Alice's crossfire.

To be brutally honest, you could do with some refining yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   

Back to top Go down

Forum Suggestions
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: V-Mundi General-
Jump to: