HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 06:51

Yeah ジェネシス is Genesis. I saw that up there and I'm happy there's a new clan. I know it'll end up being United Sanctuary (because that's where everything with Mythology or Divinity goes :C ) but I really wish it wasn't. It'll most likely contain gods and angels from various mythologies, with less of the focus on witches spellcasters and Shinto gods that Oracles had. Hopefully they do something cool.

Also the first card we know of is Valkyrie of Moonnight, Artemis. Hurf durf mixing Greek and Norse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epideme

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 07:06

I'm all for some wizards. Vanguard needs more wizards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 07:15

Uber Foresight? Like being able to name a card in their hand, or looking at the hand?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 08:01

New Alfred. All hope that Liberators are not skilless sack is lost.

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Liberator_of_Round_Table,_Alfred
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 08:14

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo wrote:
New Alfred. All hope that Liberators are not skilless sack is lost.

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Liberator_of_Round_Table,_Alfred

What, would you have preferred they get the actual Alfred's skill?

...Not sure if this is even accurate since Wiki translations at low resolution = Incoming derp, but if this is correct I'd frankly just ignore the bit about being able to topdeck sack and focus on the always on natural 11k Gold Paladin with no boost restrictions but Alfred's power up as a Limit Break. We're talking one pretty huge-ass center line now.

If anything, the Liberator CB on this thing is a Hail Mary utility- you're short on units, so you use it to shore up a bad position when you literally have nothing to lose. This isn't exactly a Pellinore here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 08:34

This is such horse shit. I wanted to like Liberators. Until this. This isn't even OP enough to ban, I just have to live with what a sacky insult it is and what it brings to a clan that doesn't deserve it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 08:52

Golds steal another card and make it better than the original.

Who would have guessed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Traesive

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 12:04

I was kind of guessing that would happen in future sets since Chrome Jailer :v
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 12:06

3XXXDDD wrote:
Golds steal another card and make it better than the original.

Who would have guessed?

Eeeeeeeh.

Apples to Other Fruit of Choice comparison there. The original King of Knights was strong because you could swing for high numbers without committing a boost (making constructing side lanes with strong boosters easier) and in a pinch, you could fill in your gap in the lines with anything you needed at the moment. He's equally useful through every stage of the game, but has a bit more utility early on because you can make larger attacks with fewer committed units (as few as three rear guards is enough to hit any conventional Vanguard, four and crossrides aren't an issue).

You get a bit more defense milage out of Liberator Saber here, but this card's draw is more that you can get Amon-level massive late into the game. Unlike Alfred, where you'd want to ride him as soon as you can, Liberator Alfred you want to hold onto and ride something else (read: Gancelot) first if you can.

He's still retarded, but I feel like it's kinda comparing Liberator Blaster Blade to Viviane. The two aren't direct comparisons, they don't have equivalent functions in a deck. Personally I'd stack him against, say Dragonic Descendant- another card which sits around being largely vanilla until late into the game, when its Limit Break does something absolutely and monumentally retarded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 12:33

Edit: I decided I don't care because he is retarded anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gettineggywithit

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 12:55

It's that time again! Let's count the Liberators, kids!

4x Strike Liberator (crit)
4x Liberator of Elixir (heal)
POSSIBLY 4x Armament Liberator, Gwydion (draw)

4x Little Liberator, Marron
2x Future Liberator, Llew

4x Blaster Blade Liberator
4x Liberator of the Kingdom, Faron
3x Liberator of Silence, Gallatin (could tech in some Tripps here)

4x Liberator of Round Table, Alfred
4x Wild Dancing Liberator, Mailshon (no, fuck you, I refuse to put Goldcelot in anything similar to a decklist)

There are about 33 Liberators (37 if you use Gwydion, allowing for a tech-out with Gallatin in favor of Tripp. In that case, there's 34)

With 33, taking into account that we'll have to ride two of them (Grade 2 and Grade 3), 63 percent of the deck is Liberators (71% with Gwydion-Gallatin, 65% with Gwydion-Tripp).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShinkenRed

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 13:01

I'm thinking whether L-Alfred's first skill is a Limit Break or Ultimate Break. The image is too blurry and the wiki might not be giving us the correct info. It makes a lot of differences, but LB5 to boost your vanguard column up to 31k for free is still OP enough.
Man, BT10 now breaks the game entirely. Hopefully Genesis can show us some new light to the game. I'm now trying to get ready to move to Z/X when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Traesive

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 13:20

Yeah, about that Genesis clan.
It sounds so weird.
I mean, it's one word.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 13:39

I'm with scarlet on this one, this thing is good, but it's only slightly better than old Alfred. Keep in mind the old one allowed you to pluck ANY card you wanted from your deck, and this thing pulls a spring breeze, that and it also has leader which means no splicing tribes in the deck (Although I don't think golds did that anyway. They also made sure that his Alfred like boost is only gotten during LB. All that being said, him being an 11k once again in a tribe that needed one so badly is enough to make up for all of that that this thing will definitely see play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 14:34

Alfred could only swing for 20k. This one can have an easily fulfillable personal booster letting it swing for 21k, 31k during Late Game.

It's also got more control than other top-decking calls, letting you pick one from three. A nerfed call ability is worth extra defence ability and better numbers hitting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 19:00

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo wrote:
Alfred could only swing for 20k. This one can have an easily fulfillable personal booster letting it swing for 21k, 31k during Late Game.

It's also got more control than other top-decking calls, letting you pick one from three. A nerfed call ability is worth extra defence ability and better numbers hitting.

Crap, I read the skill wrong. It's a Spring Breeze?

Well, horsehockey.

Admittedly I forgot about Llew, but unlike Alfred, running Llew means saturating your deck with a bit more in the way of 6k boosts. In the meta this was designed for, that's not particularly great on a resume.

Also, again, it's not about numbers. Original Alfred stayed relevant in a meta where 20k didn't because it could swing for decent numbers without a committed boost, not because it had enough power to smash every other Vanguard out there. Different card, different role, admittedly slowly-growing-very-similar deck though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Some Gamer Dude

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-24, 21:27

I think Break Rides need a restriction already. The combos that Bad End creates and the shear power of 21/41/21 is disgusting.

EDIT:

Furthermore, Gancelot to Alfred is repulsive because of the fact that the only comparable deck, Dark Lord, only gets it for one turn, gives up a hell of a lot of other abilities to do it and doesn't hold onto 31.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-25, 00:57

Goldfred is disgusting because it's yet another conditionless 11k in Gold Paladins who don't deserve it.
Goldfred is disgusting because it's unilaterally better than Ezel by having its CB:2 topcall be top-3 call and unrestricted
Goldfred is disgusting because the power gain he gets is twice what Ezel gets in Late game
Goldfred is disgusting because he makes Alfred a chump
Goldfred is disgusting because Gold Paladins steal YET ANOTHER card that belongs in Royals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-25, 01:35

Not giving much incentive to play RPs if there's a better clan for it, that's for damn sure.

Guess we should expect the future for them to be known as Budget GP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Some Gamer Dude

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-25, 01:57

BUT... Alfred doesn't have a pretty girl face, boobs or a critical. :P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-25, 02:18

Alice wrote:
Goldfred is disgusting because it's unilaterally better than Ezel by having its CB:2 topcall be top-3 call and unrestricted

http://imefix.info/20130125/161034/

Apparently it's a regular topcall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-25, 02:21

Some Gamer Dude wrote:
BUT... Alfred doesn't have a pretty girl face, boobs or a critical. :P
What a wonderful consolation prize...RP is now for creepers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epideme

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-25, 03:04

GP get a third version of Mark.

GJ Bushiroad. For all those times when you really need to call a Perfect Guard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-25, 03:28

Alice wrote:
Goldfred is disgusting because it's yet another conditionless 11k in Gold Paladins who don't deserve it.
Goldfred is disgusting because the power gain he gets is twice what Ezel gets in Late game
Goldfred is disgusting because he makes Alfred a chump
Goldfred is disgusting because Gold Paladins steal YET ANOTHER card that belongs in Royals.

You forgot the fact that it officially makes the whole "Lets make RPs and GPs at the same time idea" bullshit. Tell me, HOW CAN THE ROYAL PALADINS KEEP THEIR NAME WHEN THEY NO LONGER EVEN INCLUDE THEIR KING??? Hoy, welp, it's official, Bushi has flipped Cray and logic the bird. *sigh* Ugh, and I thought politics was the only place I could find people with their heads shoved THIS far up their own ass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   2013-01-25, 03:31

It doesn't even look like a Royal Paladin now, though, just the usual bigass GP finisher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   

Back to top Go down

BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Cardfight!! Vanguard :: News-
Jump to: