Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread

Go down 
+3
Tryston
Alice
3XXXDDD
7 posters
AuthorMessage
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty
PostSubject: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2012-12-31, 10:15

Since it seems to be unclear to some what V-Mundi is aiming to do, an idea of a manifesto was presented. Some ideas and general thoughts in this Manifesto could be the following

What is the intention of V-Mundi as a whole? (To develop quality players, rather than a quantity of Players, that is quality both within VMPT and without VMPT)
What is the intention of VMPT as a whole? (To promote a relatively balanced tournament format)

The Attitude of V-Mundi has been assumed by some to be unnecessarily aggressive and rude, the aim is actually falling more in line with a "Tough Love. No Bullshit" attitude, old-fashioned maybe but effective non-the-less. 2 Minute Audio Video on Respect & Offence

V-Mundi doesn't wish to commit any appeal to emotion fallacy and respects hard, conclusive evidence and facts. Some have criticised it as being "Close Minded" when rather it's promotes Critical Thinking. QualiaSoup's video on Open-Mindedness is quality viewing. In addition to this, it is worth your time to read through Nikzor's Fallacies as a good intro to some "Don't Do" things in arguments.

Regarding Chance & Maths ~ Any game with a "Randomized" function (Dice, drawing cards) all fall prey to Chance. V-Mundi uses "Chance" asides from being the correct word it also has a much heavier connotation on the measurable aspects of Random Events as opposed to "Luck" while not only being wrong, also holds that the Random Events aren't calculated.

So something like that but more stretched out? Maybe the format would be best served as below

Quote :
What is the aim of V-Mundi? (Quality > Quantity)
What is the aim of VMPT? (Alternative Balanced English Format)

Regarding the preferred attitude in V-Mundi (Objectivity (No Bullshit, No Personal Preference) Not all Opinions are to be respected, Who cares if you're Offended)
Regarding the Scientific Method (Objectivity, Open Mindedness & Critical Thinking)
Regarding Chance and it's Measures (Chance can be measured mathematically, math is consistency and consistency is King)

Anything missing from those 5 points?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2012-12-31, 10:18

Looking pretty good. I can use this as a springboard for what I'd write.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2012-12-31, 20:37

Alright I understand.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-02, 16:41

As much as I love it here, I'm not entirely sure I agree with the whole "Tough love, No bullshit" aspect, only because some people see this as an excuse to be an asshole as opposed to actually trying to fix a situation. With that being said, I also don't disagree with it. It does take some getting used to, especially for all of those coming over from other sites(Popo) but once you actually start to listen and absorb, everything makes sense. Seriously, I read like 4 of Alice's articles and immediately realized just how "Dumb" and misinformed others are/can be.

Also, Quality > Quantity = All of my yes.

Good write up though 3D, short and to the point.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-02, 18:29

Then you don't disagree with the tough love, you disagree with assholes. Which we all do. I don't see the issue here.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-02, 18:34

Fair enough, the issue lies within the asshole, because they shit on everything.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-02, 19:37

I'll be sure to take steps to prevent that kind of attitude in my address. I was going to do that anyway, since I just naturally assume there will be all kinds of opposition or exploitation of everything I say.

Last edited by Alice on 2013-01-02, 20:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-02, 20:22

uhhh... Break tag? :P
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-02, 20:45

The forum really hates WYSIWYG mode for some reason.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-03, 08:40

One thing to add, Public Image - In the past I had my doubts of V-Mundi due to the way some of the followers acted, in a more brainwashed way acting with things like argument from authority (granted, the information was there to prove the point in question wrong, just people didn't allude to it better). So with that in mind, I propose a "Public Image" type section, the main rule of this is that

Alice wrote:
Most importantly, each person represents only themselves as individuals and not VMundi as a whole

This section will deal how we should conduct ourselves outside of the forum when representing points held by V-Mundi and or spamming. It's basically, don't act like we're some brainwashed cult and spam "V-Mundi is the greatest" or whatever. It simply reflects poorly on the blog, forum and even Alice herself.

In addition to this, when explaining a point expressed by the Blog make sure you understand it thoroughly first. V-Mundi wants thinkers, not parrots who repeat everything verbatim without understanding underlying issues..
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-03, 17:10

Hmm, that was very well put 3D.
Back to top Go down
Chestnut_Rice

Chestnut_Rice

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-04, 01:51

At first I thought it was just Alice's Vanguard strategy blog, then I joined the IRC. Hooo-boy.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-04, 12:01

Yeah we're kind of a Think Tank now.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-04, 15:59

I absolutely love it though, I can straight up read these articles and understand, and I find the more articles I read and the more I talk with you guys, any new articles I read are becoming easier to understand. Plus since joining here, my thought process when playing Vanguard has completely changed. I honestly viewed this game as luck not actually thinking about to Mathematically or anything of that sort.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-04, 20:42

I'm glad we had such an impact. I'm glad I can make some difference
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-04, 21:02

well not only that, but because I do still post on Popo, I can also spread the word and have a positive impact on the community.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-04, 21:06

Which we need more of.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-04, 21:11

WingZero wrote:
well not only that, but because I do still post on Popo, I can also spread the word and have a positive impact on the community.

Okay but do it without making V-Mundi look like cult.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-04, 21:31

Wait... its not? :S

NO ONE DRINK THE FUCKING KOOL-AID
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-04, 22:27

*Is clearly high*

Hey guys, whatsaaauuuu-

*crash*
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty2013-01-04, 23:04

Weeeellll, it's not hard to see how someone could come to that conclusion. We have a lot of the trappings of one. Charismatic(If not a little demented, just a little, and prone to wrecking people's self esteem when in a rage, which is not an uncommon occurence.) leader, highly devoted "acolytes"(The guys who give the bad name.) and kind of an air of mystery, with strange formulas explaining seemingly random events, although it's really just math, but explaining that to most people seems to be more difficult than explaining relativity to a caveman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread   V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

V-Mundi "Manifesto" Suggestion Thread
Page 1 of 1