Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Criticals Vs Draws

Go down 
+13
Char Aznable
chromereaper
The King of Hearts
Alice
Omnigeek
DragonāˆžBlade
Featherine
Traesive
Donkay
WingZero
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Epideme
VesperGhoul
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VesperGhoul

VesperGhoul

criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty
PostSubject: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-17, 00:52

Not sure if this has already been discussed in another form on this forum. But I just wanted to ask about when it's better to have draws in a deck or just full on crit. Assuming a clan has access to three different critical triggers would it be more beneficial to go with 8 CRIT/4 DRAW, or 12 CRIT? I understand that this has to do with the defensive power of the G3 lineup, but for tribes like OTT where they will be getting a cross-ride and another critical trigger (B.sister Ginger), I find that the draws really help smooth out the decks riding, and makes cards like mocha and normal CEO a lot more fluid. Regardless I've had a lot of people tell me that 12 CRIT is more competitive due to the increased combat potential that more criticals provide.

TL;DR - What is everyones thoughts on what factors influence the inclusion of draws in a deck instead of a full crit suite?
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-17, 02:00

The more draw power a deck provides, the less draw triggers you need. So in OTT you can go balls to the walls 12 crit because you get good draw power anyway assuming you run the cards which allow you to draw.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-17, 06:23

Generally, Draws are needed if that's what the deck is all about anyway (OTT or Bermuda Triangle), or you need to gather certain cards to effectively win (Spike Brothers/Dark Irregulars being two examples).

But yeah, if the deck is good at hitting for high numbers and field arrangement is excellent, you'll want Criticals over draws (such as in Granblue or Garmore RP or Leopald Great Nature).

Otherwise, you use Draws and Criticals together when you need a trigger lineup for a fairly general deck such as Narukami.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-17, 18:16

Draw triggers are also fairly helpful in decks that have a hard time holding down field/hand numbers such as Nova Grapplers. The extra few cards in hand help to potentially lessen the pain of losing your rear-guards.
Back to top Go down
Donkay

Donkay

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-17, 19:01

Thing is, it's sometimes about the # of cards that one has in their hand that matters, like OTT and Nubatama does. That's why draw triggers exist, and they should be in an OTT deck regardless of their drawing power.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-17, 19:26

Not necessarily, if a deck already has a lot of draw power, why push more draw power on to the deck when you could simply add damage potential(Crits/Stands)
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-17, 19:34

Because having over 12 cards in your hand is fun.
Back to top Go down
Featherine

Featherine

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-17, 19:59

Traesive wrote:

This and if you can't decide what to do you might as well test it out and meet up halfway, go 10 Crit and 2 Draw.
Back to top Go down
DragonāˆžBlade

DragonāˆžBlade

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-17, 21:07

Draws are really versatile.

Not that crits aren't awesome.

It really depends on the deck and on personal preference.

(One of these days, I will make a 16 draw OTT deck for the lulz.)
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-17, 22:08

DragonāˆžBlade wrote:
Draws are really versatile.

Not that crits aren't awesome.

It really depends on the deck and on personal preference.

(One of these days, I will make a 16 draw OTT deck for the lulz.)

We must play when this happens, 16 draw OTT Mirror Match!

Also, I agree, I like draws because they're beneficial on offense and defense. So I really do like them, just it depends on what your deck to do.
Back to top Go down
VesperGhoul

VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-17, 22:11

This has always been a tricky issue for me when deck building. I personally think that draws would be the best trigger type IF they were 10K shields. However since they are only 5 it causes me to debate just going full crit with all the LB and soon to be UB that is going to be used.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-17, 22:21

I don't know, I think in the case of Dark Irregulars (which I think is the deck you're working with, but I could be wrong) it certainly couldn't hurt too much to have a Hysterical Shirley or two in there.
Back to top Go down
DragonāˆžBlade

DragonāˆžBlade

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-17, 22:25

WingZero wrote:

We must play when this happens, 16 draw OTT Mirror Match!

Also, I agree, I like draws because they're beneficial on offense and defense. So I really do like them, just it depends on what your deck to do.

LOL, you mean a deck out contest? (Oh god, that'd be fun...now, just waiting on Tiramisu).

Also, Hysterical Shirley is a card with a REALLY good effect for a trigger.
Back to top Go down
Featherine

Featherine

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-17, 22:50

DragonāˆžBlade wrote:

Also, Hysterical Shirley is a card with a REALLY good effect for a trigger.

Only reason why I'm sticking with 4 Draw Triggers in my Royal Deck, triggers with effects give me an incentive to run them (I'm considering the Stand Trigger that Royals are getting when Set 5 rolls out).
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-17, 22:58

Actually fun story, the first time I ever played Fira, I won by turning the last card in his deck over for the 6th damage. Not that it would have mattered, I automatically won next turn, but shows it was an intense match, I had 3-4 cards left in my deck.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-17, 23:33

Any game that pushes both players to less than 10 cards automatically = intense. No questions asked.
Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I have huge issues with non draw triggers with effects. Like, I feel like not running them :v
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-18, 15:53

VesperGhoul wrote:
This has always been a tricky issue for me when deck building. I personally think that draws would be the best trigger type IF they were 10K shields. However since they are only 5 it causes me to debate just going full crit with all the LB and soon to be UB that is going to be used.
I thought that when I started the game too. I quickly realized they'd not only be the best, they'd be broken.

It always depends on the deck if 12 crit is better than 8/4/4. In Tsukuyomi, I want 4-6 draws to get to my stacked cards, otherwise you're stacking a bunch of crits you might never use. In Stern, I need 12 to make Stern explode. In Dudley Emperor (even if 12 were an option which it isn't) I want 4 draw so I have fodder for Emperor's skill. In Duke Dragon, I want crits to start him, but I want draws to make up for the massive loss in advantage, so 8/4/4.

Some decks are special. If you have a way to reduce incoming attack stages like Agravain, you want more draws. Sometimes even 6-8 draws. Because why not? They'll count as virtual 10ks once you megablast. If you need certain combos in your deck but don't have draw power, use 6 draws. In Reijy, you'll really need 6-8 draws since he takes care of crit, your Shirleys are amazing, you need combos to fuel the soul, and decking out is only a main concern if you take too long (which draws fix).
Back to top Go down
The King of Hearts

The King of Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-01-29, 21:07

Traesive wrote:

That, as well as the fact that with that many cards in hand, you are pretty much guaranteed to always be able to do something. For instance, if an opponent takes out your rearguards, you can (assuming you have some attackers in your hand) easily replace the lost rearguards. Also as an OTT player, I always found that I was lacking some boosters, and having draw triggers helped me out a lot in order to get the boosters from my deck, to my hand, then to my field
Back to top Go down
chromereaper

chromereaper

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-02-12, 20:16

Draw are those games where you want to guard and have that hand advantage in-game and you want to keep the game rolling, Crits are for trying to bomb rush and attack with force to finish the game quickly.
Back to top Go down
Donkay

Donkay

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-02-12, 23:05

I like how for Draw Triggers, it's really a gamble since the maximum one can profit out of a draw trigger + draw is 15000 shield (unless Perfect Guards drawn are prioritized higher than any 10k shield). But crits are always 10k every time. Of course I'm speaking in terms on guarding only and nothing about hand advantage, but that's just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-02-12, 23:29

You're far more likely to draw a 5k shield or no shield with a draw than a 10k shield. Which gives you 10k total shield on average, and that's like missing a trigger effect entirely. This is why I just don't like draws.
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable

Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-02-13, 00:32

Draws give you more cards in hand. More cards equal more options. With that, you may be able to call a booster or an attacker that you just drew.
Back to top Go down
Shadowbane

Shadowbane

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-02-13, 01:19

Char Aznable wrote:
Draws give you more cards in hand. More cards equal more options. With that, you may be able to call a booster or an attacker that you just drew.
We have pretty much established that already. More Draw triggers give you more options but it also means you have less to guard with, which makes the Draw trigger balanced that way.
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-02-13, 01:51

Unless you're looking for something specific that you haven't already drawn or searched (or your build just doesn't need a ton of Crit/Stand) or specifically need more cards in hand for effects, a Draw is just an inconsistent 10k. If you end up drawing another trigger, you lucked out on more shield but missed a trigger. If you get a G1 or G2 (or hell, another Draw trigger) you come to equal shield but usually you'll end up needing that to guard 2 stages anyways, making it equal to any other trigger. If you get G3, hope you have a perfect guard ready or you just drew something defensively worthless.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty2013-02-13, 21:59

Char Aznable wrote:
Generally, yes. But not always as we've seen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws Empty

Back to top Go down

Criticals Vs Draws
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next