HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Discuss your locals

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelatin

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-01-27, 19:24

I'm really wondering why people are so convinced that Stern is garbage. Even here.

Yesterday was the first time I actually saw people come out to play CFV (only for the shop to cancel the tournament due to the MtG prerelease taking most of the tables). From what I saw, it was a lot of Golds and Royals (a lot of doggy builds), a few Bermudas, some folks just starting to put together a Gold Rutile deck through Trial Decks, myself with Blau and GNs, and a Enigman player. I'm by no means the best player but even I was able to clean the floor with most of them before needing to jump to the MtG event.

I think I'm going to take my CFV needs to the other shop that actually holds consistent weekend tournaments that don't get cancelled and actually have more than two players showing up (my friend and I). From what I saw when I went to pick up some supplies there yesterday, it was Royals (more doggies), Dark Irregulars, loadsa Golds, some Pale Moon, Kagero, Narukami, Novas, and someone piloting Tsukuyomi horribly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gettineggywithit

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-01-27, 19:28

Gelatin wrote:
I'm really wondering why people are so convinced that Stern is garbage. Even here.

It's a noob assumption. To noobs and scrubs, on-hit is shit. That's why some people think that Duke is OP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-01-27, 19:51

We're like 15 at my locals, but when it comes to tournaments, we're usually 8. I think I won't play anywhere else (excluding VMPT) in my vanguardlife, since we're all close friends, most of us anti-crossrides and there's a HUGE variety of clans. I'll list them (some people have more than 1 deck).

Kagero (3 people) - Megacolony (1) - Royal Paladin (3) - Gold Paladin (3) - Spike Brothers (1) - Narukami (2) - Oracle Think Tank (1) - Pale Moon (1) - Granblue (2) - Shadow Paladin (2) - Nova Grappler (1) - Dark Irregulars (2) - Angel Feather (1) - Bermuda Triangle (2) - Great Nature (1) - Tachikaze (1)

Though it's not really competitive, most of us can't afford perfect guards or other expensive cards. The only ones using 4 perfect guards are the Pale Moon guy, the Angel Feather guy, and me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-01-28, 02:45

I want to go to your locals. I can bring Spikes, Novas, Tachi, and Mega.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-01-28, 14:34

Come to Spain then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Askandyr

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-01-28, 14:50

I'm not really able to frequent card shops for games, but out of the 'group' I'm usually able to play there are 9 of us. Our Clan distribution is: 2 Nova Grapplers, 2 Royals, 1 Dark Irregulars, 1 Pale Moon, 2 Gold, 1 Kagero, 2 Angle Feathers, 1 Narukami, 3 Bermudas, 1 Spike Brothers, 1 Tachikaze, 1 Megacolony and 1 Oracle Think Tank.

Some of us use multiple decks. I run 3 so far with Granblue on the way, but I can only really get a challenge from mainly 2 people (although one other who I've gotten into Vanguard is improving at an alarming rate). The others either have poorly constructed decks, or just flat out refuse to get better by ignoring core concepts or simply refusing to learn. We've sparked some interest though from our collective playing, and others who are getting in are picking up the gist of it all fast. But for the most part it is extremely casual around here with the exception of those who shelled out for perfect guards AND understand completely how their deck works. A lot of us are beginning to experiment with other clans though and enjoy swapping decks on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Some Gamer Dude

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-01-28, 22:03

Let's see;

Our locals have fluctuated like all hell, the only constant being me and three others.

I started with a Kagero starter, I fucking hated that thing, I must be about the only person who really dislikes standard Kagero. Needs more GRRR, turning it into Invincible Overlord now. I switched to Spikes, won consistently with it, and have 1st or 2nded since. I have also done Dark Irregular, which I did well, 2nd I believe, Narukami which... was really premature, not complete and promptly lost a lot. Finally I did Tachikaze, in which I got really terribad draws. Currently building Novas, planning Murakumo. I do have Pale Moon, but I lack faith in it.

My friend has Granblue, but misplays a lot, he doesn't win too often but is getting better. He forced a Bermuda player into Deck Out last week, which he claimed to be his favourite match ever. She thought her huge hand would win her the game. He has MegaColony, but same deal as my Pale Moon, no faith. He's making Rain/Stand Dimension Police, which is doing well, needs Lady Justice badly though. He's going to make Neo Nectar next month.

The third constant player uses Paladins, he had Royals, did really well till Barcgal, now uses Shadow which are hilariously easy to beat. He's nice enough, just irritating at times for quirks(Read: Anime Quoting). He wants Majesty Lord Blaster, has since we started. oh.fucking.joy.

Last constant switches decks regularly, has a lot of cards and great to get singles from. I've seen him use Royals, Kagero, Pale Moon, Tachikaze & Megacolony, but doesn't seem to main anything.

We had another Granblue player. he wasn't that good, bought a Golds starter then stopped coming.

We had a kid with Royals come for a few weeks, he does weird things like replaces Wingal behind Gallatin for Marron. I don't think he quite gets 'Magic Numbers'.

We have a pair of brothers, the elder uses Bermuda, the younger used Angels, then Great Nature, now Oracles, Tsuku, he is the only one who can consistently beat my Spikes.

Other than that, we had a a few randoms, nothing worth mentioning. It's a pretty good group, all things considered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The King of Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-01-29, 20:59

Traesive wrote:
Well, Vanguard's not really popular in Canada (or at least in BC). Only time I see a large amount of Vanguard players are during tournaments. And even then, the Vanguard tournament at my locals is the smallest of all the tournaments they hold.

I agree completely. Here in Ontario, er... I should say in my town at my local card shop (since I have not seen all the players in Ontario), the participants for vanguard is not as great the participants for other card games such as Magic The Gathering and the crowd favourite there Yu-GI-Oh!. Even though Ontario held a qualifier for last year's Vanguard Championship, there we only about 200-300 players
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nysonin609

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-01-29, 22:28

Locals for me is non-existant. Vanguard has not taken off here in Jersey. I got 4 random Magic-Worshippers to play and it is now their favorite game, but the only response we get when we get our locals to restock Vanguard or get new people to play is "Vanguard is gay. Go play a good game. We don't have time for that crap here." So my friends and I drove an hour to a different card shop registered with Bushiroad, just to find out they don't know how to set up columns, build decks, manage resource, or guard; We wasted a whole day just to find out we could get better matches by staying at home. I know this may seem a bit off topic, but any ideas on getting people to play and getting my local shop to restock? Because everyone so far that I've got to play it has dropped every other game for this one, whether it was Pokemon, Magic, Yugioh or all 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-01-29, 22:43

My biggest issue with my locals is that a lot of people think you need huge expensive decks to be good at the game(The second best player runs Tsuku and has a Bushiroad box in Silver Dragon Shields and he makes sure everyone knows it) so it show people that you can be good without dropping 300$ off the bat, I've won locals using every trial deck and a few pieces of shit I've made myself(High Beast Only Royal Paladins will always be my favourite).

The shop won't restock unless you can get more people interested. So convince more players to pick up the game otherwise I don't blame him for not buying more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-01, 12:50

We have a fairly even meta were I am at down in Dickson TN. We have all sorts of clans played here with no one clan really dominating. I am however current "store champion" that has been undefeated for a full month straight(Yeah me!). But the guys are slowly catching up and we're having a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-01, 15:53

The King of Hearts wrote:
Traesive wrote:
Well, Vanguard's not really popular in Canada (or at least in BC). Only time I see a large amount of Vanguard players are during tournaments. And even then, the Vanguard tournament at my locals is the smallest of all the tournaments they hold.

I agree completely. Here in Ontario, er... I should say in my town at my local card shop (since I have not seen all the players in Ontario), the participants for vanguard is not as great the participants for other card games such as Magic The Gathering and the crowd favourite there Yu-GI-Oh!. Even though Ontario held a qualifier for last year's Vanguard Championship, there we only about 200-300 players

Where in Ontario are you from?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TwinPsionic

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-06, 13:44

Same meta as Rider. He summed it up pretty well. The only thing that needs to improve is the card pool. Two people in the shop sell their cards a lot and one of them is the person who buys the most packs. Soon there will be an admission for tournament making prizes more than just one pack. This will help immensely in bulking up the card pool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-06, 15:03

Oh, that's you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dehart68

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-07, 10:49

my locals we play a mixture of english and japanese stuff we got one dude that runs grandblue bermuda and aquaforce and dark irregs me i run a e english and jap mixed kagero

same with my nurkami. also have a sp a spectral duke gp a leopold gn a full jap murokumo need to work on and a sakaya ott build built from 3 starter decks still working it . then and 1 player who runs pbo in his sp deck hes the one that does all the anime crap and we have 2 people runing mlb decks 1 angel feather
2 souless otts another kagero deck a jinn build nurakami
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-07, 16:59

How do you mix? They're of different thicknesses so Bushiroad calls that cheating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nihckeuq

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-07, 21:39

My locals are rather large though it's a weekly thing. I have seen every variation of clan and deck and some odd builds (4BARGALFTW!) It's a nice place to play with great people. Packs are cheap at the right places and in SG you can often get cards for cheap if you are lucky from players(2 Vermillions for $25!, Barris for $10-$15!)

Overall, i am quite happy with the locals here. Although most of the time you wouldn't want to go on afternoon weekdays because school really takes up much of a cardfighter's time... Really good place to play on weekends at just about any card shop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dehart68

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-07, 22:43

Alice wrote:
How do you mix? They're of different thicknesses so Bushiroad calls that cheating.

we run em in sleeves and we dont realy have tornys right now were working on it but we run what ever dont ask me my shops been like that as long as ive been playing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dehart68

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-07, 22:45

its been a if its out and u can get a hold of it run it format
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dehart68

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-07, 22:49

probly change if gaming underground ever gets sanction for tournys but for now it works for us
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-07, 23:21

dehart68 wrote:
its been a if its out and u can get a hold of it run it format
Oh god, I can barely read this without proper spelling and punctuation :\

Also I don't really see that being good even in casual play. It's very easy to pick out JP cards even if they're double or triple sleeved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TwinPsionic

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-08, 12:07

Using Japanese card's are just going to set you for trouble as larger events for Vanguard start appearing more.Plus all the thickness issues and legality stuff that has already been mentioned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
seththecookiehunter

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-08, 13:31

i go to the same locals as deheart. the reason we splice jap and english cards is due to the fact that we pay more attention to the japanesse format rather than our own because eventually our formats won't be different at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-08, 14:25

seththecookiehunter wrote:
i go to the same locals as deheart. the reason we splice jap and english cards is due to the fact that we pay more attention to the japanesse format rather than our own because eventually our formats won't be different at all.

Even though some of our card effects work differently (Crutch Rifle, Ezel), and Bushiroad stated they don't want the English and Japanese formats to be the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-08, 18:01

seththecookiehunter wrote:
That's patently false.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   

Back to top Go down

Discuss your locals
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: