HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Discuss your locals

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TwinPsionic

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-11, 11:18

I agree with Alice and god knows if we get English exclusives *which is a wild assumption*.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-11, 12:42

seththecookiehunter wrote:
i go to the same locals as deheart. the reason we splice jap and english cards is due to the fact that we pay more attention to the japanesse format rather than our own because eventually our formats won't be different at all.

That is a rather poor assumption.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TwinPsionic

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-11, 13:01

Yugioh is a prime example of how this is a terrible idea...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-11, 14:03

dehart68 wrote:
probly change if gaming underground ever gets sanction for tournys but for now it works for us

For the love of, don't triple post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-11, 14:36

Did I seriously read that the Japanese and English Meta's are going to be the same soon? What the fuck have I come back to. The release order for each set is like 6 months apart(Jap to Eng). Please tell me how we're going to be the same shortly unless you're riding the assumption that Crossrides and break rides are going to be all that happens. If so I really should just quit now and save myself some pain and money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-12, 14:29

This is going to be less about locals talk (haven't actually checked if any of the shops I know have a scene) and more... "reactions from people you have introduced the game to."

Good test just for shock value, ignoring mechanics and everything: show them Binoculus Tiger and Palamedes. The people I know with an interest in the game were eventually drawn by the mechanics, but it helped to show some cards with crazy art. Gives them something to remember.

Close friend of mine was immediately drawn to Nova Grapplers. Good taste it seems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-12, 16:57

WingZero wrote:
Did I seriously read that the Japanese and English Meta's are going to be the same soon? What the fuck have I come back to. The release order for each set is like 6 months apart(Jap to Eng). Please tell me how we're going to be the same shortly unless you're riding the assumption that Crossrides and break rides are going to be all that happens. If so I really should just quit now and save myself some pain and money.

No they wont, we have some different ideas than they do that shapes our meta differently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-12, 18:18

My locals consists of 1 naru, 1 royal, 1 granblue(me), 1 kagero, and 1 nova grappler.
I really wanna get people into the game, but i'm not exactly sure how...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jman5x

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-12, 19:45

My local consists of 1 Narukami, 1 Gold Paladin, 1 Nova Grappler, 1 Murakumo/Kagero, and 1 Royal Paladin. Pretty fun playgroup but I need to work on getting more people and getting some more competetive events.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
junri

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-14, 20:36

My local has a lot of Tsukuyomi OTT players. There is like 1 Stern Nova Grappler, 2 Narukami (one of them is Poj, who won the 2012 Seattle Regionals and ranked 5 in the LA Nationals all because a bad tiebreaker who dropped out), 1 Pale Moon, 1 Bermuda Triangle, 2 Gold Paladin, 1 Royal Paladin, 1 Dark Irregular, 1 Megacolony some guys who have multiple decks (like me). About 25-26 people altogether.

I am going to be honest, these guys I play with, they are ultra-competitive and I suspect many of them will be running DOTE after it is released. Mostly the Tsukuyomi OTT players I suspect and maybe one of the GP players. My local is pretty diverse besides the OTT players, but I am not looking forward to BT05.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-15, 13:17

junri wrote:
My local has a lot of Tsukuyomi OTT players. There is like 1 Stern Nova Grappler, 2 Narukami (one of them is Poj, who won the 2012 Seattle Regionals and ranked 5 in the LA Nationals all because a bad tiebreaker who dropped out), 1 Pale Moon, 1 Bermuda Triangle, 2 Gold Paladin, 1 Royal Paladin, 1 Dark Irregular, 1 Megacolony some guys who have multiple decks (like me). About 25-26 people altogether.

I am going to be honest, these guys I play with, they are ultra-competitive and I suspect many of them will be running DOTE after it is released. Mostly the Tsukuyomi OTT players I suspect and maybe one of the GP players. My local is pretty diverse besides the OTT players, but I am not looking forward to BT05.
Only juvenile tards and powerhungry baddies are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
junri

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-15, 14:17

Alice wrote:
junri wrote:

Only juvenile tards and powerhungry baddies are.

To be honest, they are good players that know what they are doing, but they are also used to being having to deal with a bland meta since they are former YGO players. It is just a suspicion, though I know one guy who is definitely going to be running Phantom Blaster Overlord because Shadow Paladin was his main deck and he was running a Phantom Blaster Dragon build...

I'll post how much it changes after people start buying up some BT05 packs. I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised rather than having my suspicions confirmed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-15, 19:28

I dunno, I'm interested in Ginger at least for the trigger flag.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
junri

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-24, 02:35

Only 4 out of 24 people played Cross-rides at my local. 2 of them were MLB, while the other 2 were The End. Funny thing is, they all ended up losing to Narukami, though the Narukami player is our best player who was 5th place at NA Nationals. Just goes to show you, just because you have an overpowered deck, you still can't beat a good player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatin

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-24, 05:56

The three people who were playing cross-rides today regretted it and were saying something about never playing tiered/busted decks like that until it matters.

At least I managed to win a few games against DOTE/MLB because lol2crit on Stern.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-24, 06:38

junri wrote:
Only 4 out of 24 people played Cross-rides at my local. 2 of them were MLB, while the other 2 were The End. Funny thing is, they all ended up losing to Narukami, though the Narukami player is our best player who was 5th place at NA Nationals. Just goes to show you, just because you have an overpowered deck, you still can't beat a good player.

Or the Crossriders were total morons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-24, 12:55

junri wrote:
Skill is a gradient so actually there are far more possibilities than just that. One of which being that the Narukami player is about so-so at the game and the Crossride players are drooling idiots. Which I personally think is far more likely given how novice the people at the World championship (not even the Nationals, the actual championship) were.

Also Crossride players won't consistently lose against a non-cross playing good player unless they are so stupid they're verging on permanent seizure. The crossriding does all the work for you. You'd see a much bigger gap if your Narukami player would just get a The End deck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
junri

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-24, 14:12

Alice wrote:
junri wrote:
Skill is a gradient so actually there are far more possibilities than just that. One of which being that the Narukami player is about so-so at the game and the Crossride players are drooling idiots. Which I personally think is far more likely given how novice the people at the World championship (not even the Nationals, the actual championship) were.

Also Crossride players won't consistently lose against a non-cross playing good player unless they are so stupid they're verging on permanent seizure. The crossriding does all the work for you. You'd see a much bigger gap if your Narukami player would just get a The End deck.

Narukami player doesn't really care about winning that much, at least on the local level. He only has one deck and that's Narukami and he'll only play Narukami. He's only playing for fun. I asked him if he was going to try out some of the Crossrides and he said he's going to stick it out with Narukami because no reason to play a clearly unbalanced deck in a tournament designed for fun.

However, the general mood in my local is that most people are of the same opinion and it is only those 4 jackasses who run crossrides that are trying to ruin it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HugeMcLargeTall

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-24, 15:17

i have yet to play against a crossride but i will just let them have the win if its swiss format, why bother wasting the time "playing to not lose" i think is what my brother said. and budgetkaze ftw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter Serge

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-24, 16:13

3 people at my locals already had Crossrides - 1 PBO and 2 MLB. I didn't end up facing any of them this tournament, though. None of them ended up winning though, a Spectral Duke player ended up winning.

There are more at my locals planning on building Crossrides, though I know only 2 of those will be competitive. The Spectral Duke player is building MLB, and I myself am building DOTE, feel terrible for doing so though. xD No intention on using it at locals though, and not even going to use it at the Team Tournament, lending that to a friend, and sticking with Stern myself.

The others who are building Crossrides don't have Perfect Guards, don't have the money to get them, and have a reputation of never finishing their decks. The PBO player is switching to DOTE too, though.

-Serge
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-24, 16:30

We have a DOTE user at my locals but he's really bad. He uses it only because he likes dragons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-24, 17:56

I'm trying to figure out how you screw up playing with The End. Does the person not hold onto the copies for a Persona Blast?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
junri

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-24, 18:16

I wish I was watching those games, then I could actually give you a positive answer onto why they screwed up. I only saw a MLB vs Narukami game since I was playing beside them. The Narukami really shattered MLB's rearguard to the point he couldn't recover. It was a really close game, both were 5 damage, but that rearguard destruction pretty much clinched the game.

The two DOTE players still got the tournament prizes, just the Narukami was first. I think what happened was one of the DOTE lost to the other DOTE player and then the winner lost to the Narukami. I think the results are going to be different next time around, especially when people start getting used to their decks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-24, 18:29

Omnigeek wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how you screw up playing with The End. Does the person not hold onto the copies for a Persona Blast?

If you don't guard on hit abilities with a full hand, refuse to trade Conroe for a Bahr to make Burning Horn Dragon 2 stages and discard a DOTE perfect guarding while opponent has 3 damage, no crossride can save you.

And those misplays aren't the worst.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   2013-02-24, 20:09

junri wrote:
He's only playing for fun.
Everyone plays for fun. I think you mean to say, he's a casual player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   

Back to top Go down

Discuss your locals
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: