Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clan placement TESTING

Go down 
+22
Mr. WoW
3XXXDDD
FoodForThought
Rider Kick
zawarudo
Shadowbane
ShinkenRed
Kaji Motomiya
Tryston
WingZero
GalladeTheAbsol
Kirosnefakman
LittleFighterFox
Traesive
Omnigeek
Some Gamer Dude
DragonāˆžBlade
VesperGhoul
Klaus
smellmybox
Lockon Stratos
Alice
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-25, 09:06

New Result: Kagero
Back to top Go down
Mr. WoW

Mr. WoW

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-25, 10:12

Tried to do it seriously and got Kagero.

Tried to get Megacolony and still Kagero.

Good enough.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-25, 11:37

Apparently I would make a good Pale Moon user.

Never used one except online, but I wouldn't mind using a Sarah deck.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-25, 11:55

Did it again, got Spike Brothers.

Since I've been getting Spike Brothers since the first prototype test, I think I might give them a shot.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-25, 17:04

We should all play the decks this test gives us.
After all, they were chosen by us.
Back to top Go down
Gelatin

Gelatin

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-25, 17:08

Gave it another shot and got Bermudas. My friend already plays Pacifica so maybe I'll ask to give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-25, 18:46

Mr. WoW wrote:

Good enough.
You actually shouldn't do that. The test wasn't made to try to get anything.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-25, 19:29

Alice wrote:
Mr. WoW wrote:

Good enough.
Yeah! Just go with the flow and you'll get what you need to play in the end.
Btw, it said in the disclaimer that you should only take the test if you have NO idea of what you want to use. You clearly do know what you want.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-25, 19:32

I posted the test on my locals forum and people seem to like it. The only one who didn't seem to like his result was a Royal/Spike/Murakumo user who got Bermuda Triangle (he hates moe).
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-25, 19:41

Then he should've read the GODDAMN disclaimer as I fucking said a thousand times and even PUT AS A QUESTION IN THE NIGGARDLY TEST.

It specifically fucking states that if you are choosing clans based primarily on aesthetics that this test WILL NOT HELP YOU. You can fucking take it several times, but the test isn't flawed just because Bushiroad made something you don't like to look at.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-25, 19:41

Kirosnefakman wrote:
I posted the test on my locals forum and people seem to like it. The only one who didn't seem to like his result was a Royal/Spike/Murakumo user who got Bermuda Triangle (he hates moe).
Hopefully he realizes that the test was meant to match you with your play style, not with what you like to look at.
I personally didn't like angel feather at all. I don't like the goody goody shit.
But in order to play with a clan who's play style fits my own( options, mixed offense and defense), I have gotten over it.
Once he does, he'll have a blast.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-25, 19:49

Yeah I hate the AF and BT aesthetic but their style feels good.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-25, 20:19

It gives me Nova Grappler. Every single version has. Knew they were a good match for me from the start.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-25, 20:30

Alice wrote:
Yeah I hate the AF and BT aesthetic but their style feels good.
Lol i'm glad you experimented with them as well.
I just hope that as a community we could take the test, answer truthfully, and accept what we get.
I think we'll have a happier community then, and because of our maturity we could attract more players.
Alice, I know you worked hard on that test,and the fact that people can't read 2 paragraphs and take them to heart as they take the test pisses you off.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-25, 23:15

>Experimented
I've thoroughly tested every build I could conceive of for every existing legal clan
Back to top Go down
Mr. WoW

Mr. WoW

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-26, 07:42

Tryston wrote:
Alice wrote:
Mr. WoW wrote:

Good enough.
Yeah! Just go with the flow and you'll get what you need to play in the end.
Btw, it said in the disclaimer that you should only take the test if you have NO idea of what you want to use. You clearly do know what you want.

I read the disclaimer. I know what I was doing but I just wanted to try and have fun with it. Don't worry, I'm not gonna do it again.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-26, 10:37

Alice wrote:
Then he should've read the GODDAMN disclaimer as I fucking said a thousand times and even PUT AS A QUESTION IN THE NIGGARDLY TEST.

It specifically fucking states that if you are choosing clans based primarily on aesthetics that this test WILL NOT HELP YOU. You can fucking take it several times, but the test isn't flawed just because Bushiroad made something you don't like to look at.

He did read, but we don't really take Bermuda Triangle seriously so he was surprised.. However, he's probably going to try Raindear.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-26, 15:10

Make him dooo itttt. One thing I hate is that my test would need ~3x as many results to get all the builds in, and builds can wildly differ. But it's pretty simple. if he likes attacking more, Raindear. If he likes hand consistency, Pacifica.

Also Mr WoW, I wasn't trying to snap at you. Just so you know, I wanted to make sure you get the most out of the test.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-26, 16:04

He plays Galaharmore and Seifried Brothers so yep.

He actually was interested in Raindear before when we discussed with a derp Bermuda user who only uses it for the moe and said Bermudas were shitty (especially the g3 lineup (espcially Pacifica)).
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-26, 16:59

That player sounds braindead.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-26, 17:28

You can't trust a guy who plays Angel Feather and Bermuda Triangle (mostly for the art) and listens constantly to Hatsune Miku.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-02-26, 18:20

*HORF*
Back to top Go down
Zoologist A

Zoologist A

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-05-22, 14:19

Did this test and got Royal Paladins.

I've always wanted to play Paladins, but money has stopped me from collecting them. However since this was a test I said "Money was no object" and then answered all other questions honestly to get an answer unrestricted by my budget.

Things I answered.

Dragon Aesthetics
Field Consistency
Aggressive/Offensive
Money is no concern
Making big flashy plays (paraphrase, can't remember the exact answer)
Advantage a concern
Consistency a concern
However it needs to be played to win
Builds somewhat important
Opponent setting up on me easily
Lack luster "Game Enders"
Options lead to victory.

Basically I answered that advantage and consistency mean a lot to me and I am willing to play however I needed to win, with an aggressive style, but I still want the fun of big stupidly powerful units to end the game and flashy plays for the fun of it.

Just realised..... that description above basically means I want to play Hamburger-time xD

I don't, but I want to play fun, aggressive, stompy and flashy, without the retarded brokenness.

Btw Alice, I've been curious about this. I'm assuming that you are not like a millionaire or anything and you do not actually own all the cards for all the builds. So I was wondering how you test over so many games with all cards. Do you use Proxies or play in online simulators? Which is your preferred method for testing and how do you manage to play so often to get such large sample sizes of games for your data sets?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-05-22, 19:22

Actually that's closer to a Lohengrin soul deck with Soul Saver Dragon as a finisher. But if you want to win in this meta, yes MLB is the correct choice. In fact only MLB or the end are correct choices.

I'm actually dirt poor to the point of barely affording food (some kind anons have sometimes donated to me and I was able to eat). So naturally I have hardly any cards anymore. Instead, I used to have access to a high quality laser printer for proxies. Now that is gone. So I mentally proxy cards and spend a ton of time shuffling and reshuffling to use the same general pool of cards for decks that I'm testing.

I don't go online with my tests. I've only done one computer simulator and it was a custom one I wrote for checking probability on Rank 3 ride chains which I had calculated wrong. The results of that test actually led me to getting the correct answer. Otherwise, I seriously sit down, mentally remember each card's proxy card, and shuffle and play the game with proper controls several dozen times. For really important decks or really ambiguous results, I do 100 or 128 tests.

Hence why it takes me so long to get decklists up. And actually if you were a reader when I first started, you'd know that for each clan I only spent like one night testing cards before posting a decklist. But now I spend several per build.
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty2013-05-23, 00:05

When I tried taking the test the first time, I actually had a hard time figuring out some of my answers. And not on aesthetics, but things like "what's your preferred playstyle" I've taken it several times trying to use different answers on some of the questions that confused me. My most recent test was done with the least amount of confusion (to the point I think it was actually accurate), I got Bermuda Triangle. Considering my favorite build of Murakumo isn't in the test yet, I'm not surprised, since there are a few similarities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Clan placement TESTING
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next