HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 I hate Brandon Smith

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
3XXXDDD
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-11, 16:43

(Apparently this is where the Drama goes, so I'm posting this here).

I hate the Cardfight!! Vanguard 2012 World Champion. Like I've been bullied (physically/emotionally) and infuriated before but I've never felt as sick as I do when it comes to Brandon Smith. Like, I quite literally feel like I'm going to throw up at any time.

He came in here with his friend Bastinelli ranting and raving about how we don't have any right to bitch about players because we didn't enter/do good at an event. We were bitching about bad players in the Philippine video if you know it and we told them to watch it to be greeted with replies about "we don't need to watch the video" as if they were above us somehow. Smith made fucktarded allegations about how maths has as much to do with cards games as religion does.

So then he went on to win (read: sack his way if you saw any of the matches) through to winning Worlds and now he is acting like a complete smug faggot about it writing an abysmal article on Majesty Lord Blaster using KNIGHT SQUIRE ALLEN and nothing but fluff and a deck list. He also went on about how players "only care about the brute strength (read: hitting big numbers) THAT NEVER WORKS" which is like another straight-a retarded thing to say if you had any idea at all about how Vanguard works. (No wonder he thinks Cross-Rides are fine)

In addition to this he has created a facebook group titled "Cardfight!! Vanguard Elite" as well as the fact he MOTHERFUCKING ATTEMPTED TO BLACK MAIL (YES GOD-DAMN MOTHERFUCKING BLACK-MAIL) ALICE INTO APOLOGIZING OTHERWISE HE WOULD GET V-MUNDI TAKEN DOWN BECAUSE SHE'S APPARENTLY A BIG OLD MEAN BULLY.

A quick aside on Cyber Bulling, it is pretty serious but if someone just slings a quick insult in your direction that isn't cyber bulling. Cyber Bulling is when you go out of your way to make that person's life a living via the internet such as setting up a hate-site. No one is specifically targeted in V-Mundi and is not a source of cyber bulling (neither are our nasty criticisms of bad players). No one is targeted here and no one has to endure the insults thrown their way, they can just leave.

Anyway, I hate Brandon Smith because he's some smug pretentious faggot who has had so much shit go to his head that he believes anything he talks about Vanguard is right and is either being a complete idiots or intentionally misleading players on purpose (The MLB deck he posted in the article, wasn't the one he was using because it was more "his playstyle", to me that just smells more like him trying want to get others to run sub-par cards like Allen instead of having a better deck).

Seriously. I just can't put with his shit anymore and I really would love to make a perfect fucking example of him, not only for personal justice but also we can avoid this shit in future generations of Vanguard.

I really don't want to see people like him force-feeding his half-baked pretentious misleading ideas down the Vanguard community not because I'd prefer to do it but because I LOVE VANGUARD. It, despite recent card design and some tournament mishaps, is at it's core a designers fucking dream. It knows exactly what it wants to do.

I feel, a bit, better after that. I'd apologize for the ranting but I hate Brandon Smith that much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
meeb

avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-11, 16:58

I wish Brandon Smith could explain away the existence of casinos, which make use of some serious mathematics to rig games in their favor. How does he, in the face of a multimillion dollar casino industry, insist that math has nothing to do with card games?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edalborez

avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-11, 17:50

>Use champion status as a catch-all "I know my shit" statement
>"Math is fake"
>>Use champion status as a catch-all "I know my shit" statement
>Tout bad advice as fact
>>Use champion status... you get it by now.
>Uses the word "playstyle" as if it really matters in Vanguard beyond deck construction
>>Uses champion status etc


We desperately need swiss or round robin tournaments so that, dare I say the forbidden word, we don't have championships based on LUCK. And idiots touting their luck (which they call "skill" or some such) as a reason for their winning with bizarrely constructed decks (and not Bizzaroblue bizarre; retarded or sub-optimal bizarre).

I think it's fair (if stupid) to say "luck" here if they don't want to admit concepts like chance exist. Better than calling it "skill" to have won in elimination.

Aside: I had to look up what Allen is; why would you ever use that kind of unit in a clan like Royals that needs to make good use of its CB? Then I had to look up his decklist again and remembered that Alfred, 1 Starcall, Palamedes, and under 4 Blaster Blades (with no Gancelot) were in a supposedly MLB deck. Sure. Brandon Smith. Sure.

Choosing to ignore good deck builds and concepts is also just dumb. Why refuse help and evidence that this shit works or doesn't work? If you actually are a solid player, use an improvement on what you're using and you can only win more consistently. We make your modernized firearms; if you want to go to war with a BB gun just because we're fucking math-loving nerds or some such, feel free.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexander.stone88

avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-11, 23:17

meeb wrote:
I wish Brandon Smith could explain away the existence of casinos, which make use of some serious mathematics to rig games in their favor. How does he, in the face of a multimillion dollar casino industry, insist that math has nothing to do with card games?

This. Times infinate.

I will admit, you don't HAVE to base everything around math.many players, including myself, prefure not having to during playing. just like in blackjack or poker.but some do, and math for conditional probibility is just as relevent in this game and those. Some people come up with mathimatical shortcuts for those games, even. (tally systems are a perfect example)

as for this guy looking down on people, I just don't like that in general.I will admit, there are many things I disagree with people on here about, including our admins. doesn't give any excuse to look down on them.and yes, alice can be harsh.but she is fair as well, and I've never seen her look down on someone unless they tryed picking a fight.

that said, reguarding this topic, I'd say just don't bother with him.he isn't even worth hateposting about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chestnut_Rice

avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-12, 02:07

3XXXDDD wrote:
smug pretentious faggot
Yes.
3XXXDDD wrote:
smug pretentious faggot
I.
3XXXDDD wrote:
smug pretentious faggot
Hate.
3XXXDDD wrote:
smug pretentious faggot
Those.
3XXXDDD wrote:
smug pretentious faggot
Guys.
3XXXDDD wrote:
smug pretentious faggot
Too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oflari

avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-12, 02:33

To those who want to hatepost his article i leave a link.
Personally, I already did.

blog.coretcg.com/bt05-awakening-of-the-twin-blades-majesty-lord-blaster

Admin: Please don't direct link him. Sites have linkback detectors and it would look bad if we showed up going to Core TCG. Make people paste that directly into their URL bar.


Last edited by Alice on 2013-03-12, 04:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stopping linkback data)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-12, 04:21

meeb wrote:
I wish Brandon Smith could explain away the existence of casinos, which make use of some serious mathematics to rig games in their favor. How does he, in the face of a multimillion dollar casino industry, insist that math has nothing to do with card games?
Way to steal my killer comeback meeb ;)
But seriously, I came up with that because I wanted everyone to spread it. You can't refute it, so it knocks the pants on their argument.

His posts as "OGTriggerz" still exist here:
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-12, 07:53

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
meeb

avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-12, 11:15

Oh so the guy who was trying to blackmail you into apologizing and hates you with a fiery passion is Christian? He could have fooled me with his behavior.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-12, 11:29

"I have no problem with your Christ, only with you Christians" -Gandhi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-12, 14:07

I'd love to see what would happen if Smith walked into the professional poker/blackjack leagues and said half of the stuff he said here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-12, 14:24

He would be either laughed out or kicked out.
I would pay to see either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexander.stone88

avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-12, 14:43

Alice wrote:
He would be either laughed out or kicked out.
I would pay to see either.

Pro poker wouldnt do either. Why, when they can take his shirt. I've heard of pro players, who, if they dislike someone enough, will hunt the person across casinos just to clean them out. Smith would be an easy mark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-12, 14:48

alexander.stone88 wrote:
Alice wrote:
He would be either laughed out or kicked out.
I would pay to see either.

Pro poker wouldnt do either. Why, when they can take his shirt. I've heard of pro players, who, if they dislike someone enough, will hunt the person across casinos just to clean them out. Smith would be an easy mark.
I was assuming a full table. But you're right. Any vacancy and they'd all just nod their heads and shark him. Poker players LOVE superstitious and religious people because they're easy targets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-12, 14:53

Oh man, that sounds delicious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HugeMcLargeTall

avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-12, 14:55

Alice wrote:
"I have no problem with your Christ, only with you Christians" -Gandhi

love when thats quoted
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexander.stone88

avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-12, 14:58

Alice wrote:
alexander.stone88 wrote:
Alice wrote:
He would be either laughed out or kicked out.
I would pay to see either.

Pro poker wouldnt do either. Why, when they can take his shirt. I've heard of pro players, who, if they dislike someone enough, will hunt the person across casinos just to clean them out. Smith would be an easy mark.
I was assuming a full table. But you're right. Any vacancy and they'd all just nod their heads and shark him. Poker players LOVE superstitious and religious people because they're easy targets.
True. But they don't clean them out unless there douches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-14, 21:22

So there's like a thrash area where all "deleted" posts get moved too.

I was looking at one of Smiths.

Quote :
I like the idea of cross rides but I don't think that they are good but when they are correctly rode they are dangerous especially because their 1300 based attack on both turns saves cards for guarding and makes rear guards really easy to guard. Once these units become a mass part of the game Decks will have to change to accommodate

Translation: I don't but I do and uhm and err and decks will have to change.

I think it's safe to say that Smith has ADHD or something like it from this post alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlackManticore

avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-15, 00:23

Normally, I avoid hate threads. Then I remembered: At V-Mundi, we back up our hate with evidence...

...which was done excellently here. Wow. There are no words for this guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-15, 09:56

BlackManticore wrote:
Normally, I avoid hate threads. Then I remembered: At V-Mundi, we back up our hate with evidence...

...which was done excellently here. Wow. There are no words for this guy.
Yeahh....Hell I didn't even want to participate in this.

At first.

But I figured I'd walk in and drop some facts every now and then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-15, 09:58

I didn't really want to start a hate thread but I thought getting it off my chest would help me feel better with that sick to the stomach feel the guy gave me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Some Gamer Dude

avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-29, 07:06

There is only one thing I want to know.

I understand how this guy is a smug, self righteous, bible bashing asshole, but do you know for sure he's a homosexual, or 'faggot', as you put it?

lol, but seriously, it sounds as if he doesn't understand a fair few things about the game and totally lucksacked with Duke to victory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-29, 07:42

You mean "bible thumping". Bible bashing would be me.

Also faggot does not at all mean homosexual. Only morons from the 21st century think it means that. Faggot is an English slang term meaning kindling or "shit you set on fire because its only use is firewood". Calling someone a faggot, before it was popular against homos, meant that person was basically worthless and should be lit on fire to give them value. It's the same as saying "Die in a fire". Faggot now suddenly and stupidly means homosex for no fucking reason other than 1950s grumpy ass men decided to overuse it and permeate the culture with it. So when the 60s age came around to resist all their bullshit, faggot became more taboo because of its connotation (read: not its meaning) and thus you have one of the dumbest misconceptions about our language.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omnigeek

avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-29, 14:27

"Fag" is also English slang. Unless I'm mistaken it's a cigarette isn't it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WingZero

avatar


PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   2013-03-29, 14:39

Eh, yeah I had played him at the Canadians. He won. But yeah. Sack. He has very little room to talk. Sure, He did win the Worlds, Kudos to you B-Man. But that doesnt give him the right to be such a prick. Because of my location, odds are he'll come to the Canadians again, I truly hope he does, and I truly hope I get to play him and send him home.

His logic makes no sense, reminds me of Deus sometimes...

I'd also like to add that he speaks to highly of himself and so down on others, Prime Example, Alice. And yet he makes these religious posts which makes NO sense considering it even says love thy fellow man and a bunch of other statements about treating each other equally. So yeah. Logic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I hate Brandon Smith   

Back to top Go down
 
I hate Brandon Smith
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Trash-
Jump to: