HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

the dark irregular dilemma

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NightmareDraw

PostSubject: the dark irregular dilemma   2013-04-01, 20:38

4 weeks to the game now... was playing megacolony... now fully shifted to the darkness and planning to stay there permanently.

i have a bit...nay, some problems with dark irregulars... btw, i only play one clan, and thats DI, but i also play alot of its builds, excluding amon,( his hole bothers me) anyways... im gonna list my problems and good things about playing DI and im gonna need your support and advices for my problems

Goodies: (playing mainly beelze)

1. 2 turns of 3/3/3 to 3/3/4... consecutively (shall i survive the onslaught after the first, which usually doesn't happen since they'll be guarding a lot on my first 3/3/3 stages)

2. easy to build 8 souls
3. versatile columns, you make the opponent choose what to guard
4. consistent *
5. the demon eater/death anchor/vampir build is so fun
6. gwynn/calf build is also good and strong ( this and beelze are my fave builds, one thats soul reliant, another one that doesn't)

The dilemmas

1. GUARDING, ever had the feeling of pain when you need to guard but all of the units in your hands are key cards for the late game.. :|
2. dark irregulars loves triggers in the soul
3. early game crapness
4. too many key cards
5. so versatile that the choices you made for that set-up can be easily ruined by luck
6. set up reliant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MonolithAngel

PostSubject: Re: the dark irregular dilemma   2013-04-02, 00:03

As an experienced Dark Irregulars player (I've played and topped locals multiple times with Blade Wing Reijy,) here are my answers and suggestions for you.

Answers to your "dilemmas".
1) Guarding is a common problem associated with Dark Irregulars. Honestly, you're going to either burn up your hand early to spam the field with Decadent Succubus, or you're going to want to protect them for late-game hauling... you could try Dark Soul Conductor to ease those problems (he can be used up for guarding and soul-charging.)

2) You're not "feeling your triggers." The best solution I've found is to practice with my deck face-up; try playing in "Psyqualia mode." Practice and try to hit your triggers during battle/guarding. For example, if you were about to soulcharge a heal trigger, try to get around that somehow.

3) Practice the art of Mulligan. Seriously. I've found that Dark Irregulars really depend on the Mulligan. Remember to mulligan triggers and whatnot, but if you have to, you should be willing to even mulligan your entire hand so that your "late-game picture" is in good state. For example, I play Blade-Wing Reijy. If I don't get Reijy fairly quickly... well...

4) Well that's kinda what Dark Irregulars are about... they have an exact play they want to execute with precision. Deal with it :P

5) Hahahaha wut? Uhh that's quite... odd. Most Dark Irregular decks are focused on a single or series of plays they want to execute in the late game. The fact that you say that they are "so versatile" is quite confusing, you may want to elaborate on that later.

6) Yes, they are set-up reliant. And so is every OTHER late-game deck. (Like Tsukuyomi).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MonolithAngel

PostSubject: Re: the dark irregular dilemma   2013-04-02, 00:05

Just try and practice more, see how other people play on Youtube, and most of all, learn from mistakes you make. Dark Irregulars are a tough clan to master because they are so chance and set-up reliant. But practice is what makes it work!

And please post a decklist. As a fellow DI cardfighter, I would love to see what you are running.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightmareDraw

PostSubject: Re: the dark irregular dilemma   2013-04-02, 00:21

Quote :
5) Hahahaha wut? Uhh that's quite... odd. Most Dark Irregular decks are focused on a single or series of plays they want to execute in the late game. The fact that you say that they are "so versatile" is quite confusing, you may want to elaborate on that later.

nevermind about that, its just like the key cards, making choices is hard because you can have a lot of key cards in your hand that offers different options, choosing is hard..

im currently still in deck building-ish, but the only pieces im missing are 3 alluring (which ill be able to get this thursday) and 4 PG's which... i still don't have the budget to buy in bulk, i might try to buy it per piece a week or 1 every other week... i currently play 1 build( beelze and i have no interest in playing other clans so im gonna build every build available, (staple and my fun builds) might include amon now, starting to like it anyways)

Beelzebub

SV: greedy hands

5 crits blitz and knight
3 stands queen(still can't find crits, but surely will be replaces)
4 heals cat
4 draws shirley

G1:
1 alluring (hahaha)
3 courting (to be replaced by alluring next day)
4 amon
2 devil child/2 prisoner beast (pg slots)
2 doreen

G2:

4 decadent
4 dark soul conductor
3 amon

G3:

4 beelze
4 basilisk

:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the dark irregular dilemma   2013-04-02, 06:55

Dilemma does not mean "problem", it means "two choices".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightmareDraw

PostSubject: Re: the dark irregular dilemma   2013-04-02, 08:38

Alice wrote:
Dilemma does not mean "problem", it means "two choices".

im well aware of that, just posted it like that for emphasis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MonolithAngel

PostSubject: Re: the dark irregular dilemma   2013-04-03, 00:53

Perhaps
-4 Decadent Succubus
-1 Dark Soul Conductor
+3 Flirtatious Succubus
+2 Cyber Beast

I have no idea what your budget is. But those are some suggestions I have that I found wonderful in my own Beelzebub build. Again, it's up to you as to what you want to run, but those are simply suggestions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightmareDraw

PostSubject: Re: the dark irregular dilemma   2013-04-03, 03:06

i could get some flirtatious, i have the cyber beast already, but i don't know when to use him, rather, i don't know when to flood the field, since DI has some issues with guarding already
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MonolithAngel

PostSubject: Re: the dark irregular dilemma   2013-04-03, 21:52

I usually put Cyber Beast on the field right in front of G1 Amon. But I've never really played around with the Beelzebub build too much... so...

You have to remember that Cyber Beast in itself is going to be a +1 minimum (either you draw, or your opponent blocks it). You should try to use it mid-game in my opinion... but I might be wrong, so you may want to check with other sources.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightmareDraw

PostSubject: Re: the dark irregular dilemma   2013-04-03, 22:33

well beelzebub and amon are usually the most consistent builds for dark irregulars since others are either a double edged sword (death anchor), one time shot (vampir), or too much set up (reijy)... death anchor is pretty fun and fast to play though, also the easiest and cheapest to build
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the dark irregular dilemma   2013-04-04, 07:59

I would say beelzebub is the most consistent because realistically you just have to ride him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: the dark irregular dilemma   2013-04-25, 12:09

My issue with DI is mainly two things (other than a stupidly pricey perfect guard):

(1) Chance reliant like crazy especially in that most of the time you have zero control over the soul.

(2) Most builds are relatively boring to play - you just spam the soul and go nuts pretty much.

I had a choice before over which of the two out of Pale Moon and Darkies I'd go for for a mass soul deck and Pale Moon won hands down with their varied builds and very technical playstyle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the dark irregular dilemma   

Back to top Go down

the dark irregular dilemma
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: