Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck

Go down 
+2
Jabberwock
Leonheart
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Leonheart

Leonheart

Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck Empty
PostSubject: Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck   Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck Empty2013-04-12, 03:16

So, obviously I'm a Granblue fan, and I've been improving (although slowly as I'm just filling my deck with whatever card I have, but I'm getting there...). Anyway, last week at the tourney I came across a guy with MLB deck.

The deck is kind of a mix of royal and shadow paladin units, with wingal brave as starter. I'm not too familiar with those clans to be honest. anyway, I'm having quite a big advantage early on up until 3-4 turn until he start supperior calling/finding blaster blade/dark. then MLB came out, it went much worse for me.
I need tips of how to fight against this deck using my Granblue. does focusing attack on blaster blade/dark help?

any suggestion would be appreciated :)
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck   Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck Empty2013-04-12, 03:28

All I can think of is perfect guard against MLB and eat damage from rearguard if he didn't drive check any trigger. Not much you can do about it unless you can make 17k column to force 10k guard out of his 12k vanguard.
Back to top Go down
Leonheart

Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck   Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck Empty2013-04-12, 04:07

Yeah, that's another problem there, as the most I can make constantly is 16k with rear. if I got ruiin shade up front, I can go 17-18k depending on the booster (but I only have 2 Ruins atm).
So what do you think an exploitable weakness of an MLB deck?
early on it seems that he only play with centre line only, the RG only start pouring after MLB is on. maybe reserving the RG spots for blaster blade/dark and then after he got 12k/2crit, he put palamedes up front.

I'm still fairly new at this game but this kind of opponent that most regards as strong really excites me, I want to beat this guy :)
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck   Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck Empty2013-04-12, 04:20

As far as I can tell, just the Early Game where they need to hold back on calling Blades and Darks to make MLB live, but then Blade retires your RGs trading off rape for advantage, so its hardly a true weakness.
Back to top Go down
Leonheart

Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck   Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck Empty2013-04-12, 08:47

How about picking up heavily on blaster blade/dark?
I'm not familiar with the deck, but which of those is harder to call/search?
Back to top Go down
Oflari

Oflari

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck   Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck Empty2013-04-12, 12:34

Gancelot, Alfred, Starcall and Wingal Brave can search Blaster Blades while Starcall and Wingal Brave can search Blaster Darks.
Back to top Go down
VesperGhoul

VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck   Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck Empty2013-04-12, 13:29

Leonheart wrote:
How about picking up heavily on blaster blade/dark?
I'm not familiar with the deck, but which of those is harder to call/search?

As an MLB player I can tell you this won't work, a smart MLB player will sandbag the blasters in hand until they get all the pieces, the deck can make 18k columns without any difficulty due to the high quality of boosters, and the existence of Palamedes in some builds.

Honestly your best bet is to block their turn 2 wingal brave attack, hopefully they won't have MLB in hand, and they will misride...sadly that's about it really for granblue. :/
Back to top Go down
MonolithAngel

MonolithAngel

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck   Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck Empty2013-04-14, 20:04

Perhaps you could early game rush? You know, grade 1's and whatnot?

I've never used MLB so I apologize if this is a terrible idea, but it's just a suggestion. The problem is that MLB tends to play a bit differently from standard RP decks, in that they actually want to keep BB and BD in their hand so they don't get retired rather than throw them onto the field. Maybe you could try Nubatama so you could force random discards (assuming you hit).

Back to top Go down
MonolithAngel

MonolithAngel

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck   Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck Empty2013-04-14, 20:10

Oh wait, ignore my Nubatama suggestion. I forgot that you wanted to use Granblue :P

Make sure to put cards into the drop zone that will help you form 17K columns later and early game rush. I personally found that Superior Ride Granblue works well (assuming you go first) and early game rush the heck out of your opponent. If they're at alot of damage, they'll have to start guarding eventually... and maybe even use up a BB or BD along the way.

And also be sure to exploit MLB's effect; sure, it's +10000 and +1 Critical and +2000 for the rest of the game, but it's -10000 shield that some players fail to calculate. If you early game rush (or give them lots of damage somehow) and they're at 4 damage, every time your vanguard attacks, it's pretty much going to be guarded (assuming you run criticals, not stands). Burn down their resources and trade out crappy cards to make 17K columns using your drop zone. Good luck man!
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck   Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck Empty2013-04-14, 21:48

MonolithAngel wrote:
Perhaps you could early game rush? You know, grade 1's and whatnot?

I've never used MLB so I apologize if this is a terrible idea, but it's just a suggestion. The problem is that MLB tends to play a bit differently from standard RP decks, in that they actually want to keep BB and BD in their hand so they don't get retired rather than throw them onto the field. Maybe you could try Nubatama so you could force random discards (assuming you hit).

It's all depend on the starting draw really. If the opponent rides grade 1 vanilla, and you only have 7k grade 1, you can't really rush him/her. Even if you have 3 grade 1 vanilla and try to rush him/her. A simple damage trigger will stop the other 2 from attacking, and chances are the opponent will try to attack your 8k vanilla.
Back to top Go down
MonolithAngel

MonolithAngel

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck   Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck Empty2013-04-14, 22:02

Yeah, good point. Triggers will definitely screw you over... I didn't take that into consideration, that was an excellent statement :)

Then again, you could MAYBE rush if you were using Spike Brothers, but this is Granblue... so...
Back to top Go down
Leonheart

Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck   Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck Empty2013-04-14, 23:45

Hmm, this MLB sounds like a real pickle to beat...
anyway, to summarise your suggestions:
-rush for early damages
-avoid getting hit by wingal brave boosted attack
-in case MLB is out and soul charged with BB and BD, I should focus on the RG Palamedes to reduce pressure before focusing on MLB
any other suggestion?
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck   Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck Empty2013-04-14, 23:54

Well, if the opponent drives check extra palamede, I won't bother attacking it. Also if the opponent put wingal brave behind vanguard and it's blaster dark or blaster blade. And you guard for 1 to pass, the chance of trigger will appear, and you will waste your card to guard for nothing. Guard for no pass and you simply waste 2 cards against his/her grade 2 vanguard for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck   Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Advice for a Granblue player against MLB deck
Page 1 of 1