Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hybrid Deck!

Go down 
+2
Traesive
MonolithAngel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MonolithAngel

MonolithAngel

Hybrid Deck! Empty
PostSubject: Hybrid Deck!   Hybrid Deck! Empty2013-04-14, 21:59

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present one of my favorite CASUAL (Budget) Hybrid decks...

But I need lots of opinions and help. Lots.

OTT and Spike Brothers Hybrid!

Grade 0: (17)
Starting Vanguard=Can't decide...? (Tsukuyomi ride chain is not an option, I simply can't afford it. Lulu isn't an option either; I need my soul for use with the Spike Brothers so they can get power and get the heck out of the way for Imperial Daughter).
6 Critical
6 Draw
4 Heal

Grade 1: (14)
2 Perfect Guard (This is a Hybrid Deck, I'm not sure if I should bump up to 3)
3 Cocoa (Divination effect)
2 Luck Bird
3 Gemini
4 Reckless Express

Grade 2: (10)
4 Wiseman
2 Silent Tom (Can't afford any more. Period. Besides, I really only use this as a RG when Amaterasu is my VG).
4 Highspeed, Brakki

Grade 3: (9)
4 Imperial Daughter
4 Juggernaut Maximum
1 CEO Amaterasu

All suggestions are greatly appreciated. This is a CASUAL Hybrid deck that I feel that I need suggestions on. Please don't tell me "Tsukuyomi or gtfo," this is for casual usage and not intended at all for tournaments. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Hybrid Deck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck!   Hybrid Deck! Empty2013-04-14, 22:12

I believe this deck idea has been mentioned before.
Anywho, 3 perfect guards are fine. Use Battle Sister, Eclair as your starting Vanguard.
Remove Luck Bird for a Gemini and Cocoa.
Back to top Go down
MonolithAngel

MonolithAngel

Hybrid Deck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck!   Hybrid Deck! Empty2013-04-14, 23:29

I apologize if this deck has already been mentioned on the forums. I'm fully aware that this deck idea has already existed far before I posted it here on the forums, I just couldn't find any deck lists on the internet to work with. Yes, you're right, the deck idea wasn't originally mine.

Anyways: could you explain why I should use Eclair? I understand that there isn't anything else really for options... but a mediocre 4000 booster with a chance of failing seems kinda meh.

Ok, will add another Perfect Guard. And could you give me some reasoning as to not use Luck Bird? I could call it, soulblast 2, draw a card, then eat it with Imperial Daughter, then soulblast for Spike Bro's.

Thanks anyways!
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Hybrid Deck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck!   Hybrid Deck! Empty2013-04-14, 23:47

Because there are no other grade 0 OTT worth running, unless you want to use lulu to screw up your soul.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Hybrid Deck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck!   Hybrid Deck! Empty2013-04-15, 00:30

Yeah, Eclair's really the best thing you got. I dislike Luck Bird because of a) His 5k power is abusable if you ride him, b), although you can shove him into the soul via Imperial Daughter, the soul can be used for the Spike Bros and c), if you ride Amaterasu, he's not the best booster.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Hybrid Deck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck!   Hybrid Deck! Empty2013-04-15, 08:28

I don't see any harm in 3 PGs if the priority ride is an OTT unit. As far as I know the hybrids I see on V-Mundi have 3.
Back to top Go down
LittleFighterFox

LittleFighterFox

Hybrid Deck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck!   Hybrid Deck! Empty2013-04-15, 15:56

If I get this right then you want Imperial Daughter as your Vanguard, so why put in CEO?
Expecially with Eclair, if you don't get Imperial then your main gambit is thrown out the window.

I personally perfer you to just main CEO and stack your deck with a beter chance to get triggers, then combine it with the relentless offense of spike brothers.

In comparison to Imperial, it doesn't work. Sure you get a couple of attacks before the big one, but 1) it reduces your trigger chance ever so slightly and 2) they are only going for 14k, which is ridiculuously easy to guard. Meaning the stage you are going for is 1/3/1.

Compare to CEO, which can attack for 2/3/(2 or 3) and with both Spikes and Trigger chance increased you may even go for a 4/3/4.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Hybrid Deck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck!   Hybrid Deck! Empty2013-04-15, 20:22

I've already explained in detail why this deck fails.

It's somewhere in my OTT comment page but I'm too lazy to dig it up. The gist of it is, you only have so much soul so you're going to burn out quick and your Early game will be so bad it's unlikely you'll ever make up for it. Don't forget that Juggernauts are just shieldless Brakkis outside of Spike Brothers.
Back to top Go down
MonolithAngel

MonolithAngel

Hybrid Deck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck!   Hybrid Deck! Empty2013-04-16, 23:34

Ahh, good point! I didn't consider that I might burn out of soul too quickly...

Should I lower the amount of Spike Brother soul-blasting units, perhaps? Instead of using 4 Juggernaut 4 Brakki and 4 Reckless, should I make it 2 Juggernaut 4 Brakki? Or 2 Juggs, 2 Brakks, and 2 Recks?

And this is for casual usage, I would never for the life of me take this to a tournament. I'm literally making this deck out of the cards collecting dust in the back of my closet. However, I do wish to make this deck as smooth as possible; so what would you recommend? Should I take out the Spike Bro's altogether, or lower the amount of Spike Brothers?

I guess I could use Eclair... but I'm still on the fence about it. Updated decklist will be posted soon after I get responses on what I should do about the Spike Brothers.
Back to top Go down
LittleFighterFox

LittleFighterFox

Hybrid Deck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck!   Hybrid Deck! Empty2013-04-17, 16:44

First things first: Sell/Trade your Imperials and bring in CEO
Back to top Go down
MonolithAngel

MonolithAngel

Hybrid Deck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck!   Hybrid Deck! Empty2013-04-17, 18:54

Although CEO is vastly superior, this deck is meant to focus on Imperial Daughter for casual purposes. I appreciate your suggestion... but please keep in mind that this is supposed to be a casual deck using Imperial Daughter.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Hybrid Deck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck!   Hybrid Deck! Empty2013-04-17, 20:40

Have you tested it yet?
Back to top Go down
LittleFighterFox

LittleFighterFox

Hybrid Deck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck!   Hybrid Deck! Empty2013-04-18, 16:01

It isn't so "superiority" much more as: It doesn't work. It's like putting Silent Tom into a Kagero deck and expect it to work.

Your title is OTT and Spike Brothers Hybrid, not Imperial + Taggers Hybrid.
The reason why I'm pushing CEO is because of that. You put 1 CEO in a deck in which there is absolutely no reason too. What is that going to be? A back-up vanguard? When what happens? You don't get Imperial? Or maybe you find that Imperial isn't helping as your opponent is easily guarding every turn. You limit yourself into the constraints of a very small niche, where you in most games swing with one unit every turn. You can only draw so many spike Brothers, and you can only use so much soul. Any time you use a counterblast, its a -1. Every time you use Brakki, its a -1. So while you are minusing, your opponent is plussing, and it is just a matter of time before you can't guard anymore, even with the extra shield.

What do you like about Imperial?
The 11k base? (Tsukyomi/X.ride CEO)
The Power boost? (Tyrant DeathRex/Limit Breakers)
The Critical? (Reijy/12 Crit/MLB)
Is there anything about the card in which you favour more about Imperial over another build?
Back to top Go down
MonolithAngel

MonolithAngel

Hybrid Deck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck!   Hybrid Deck! Empty2013-04-18, 22:40

Yes, you were correct on me stating that the deck was "OTT and Spike Bro" rather than "Imperial and Taggers;" however, I wanted feedback on how I could improve an Imperial and Taggers build for casual usage.

Yes, Imperial is vastly inferior to Tsukuyomi and CEO. I do understand your reasoning, and yes, you are correct; this deck has many problems that prevent it from functioning as smoothly as other decks. This is even seen in my win to lose ratio; after 100 games, this deck has managed to win 38 games.

That's a terrible percentage by all means, and even for a casual deck I find my proxied Perfect Raizer to win more often...

Yeah I'm going to scrap this deck. Might as well trade in my Spike Bro's and Imperials for 2 more CEO's :D

Thank you all for your suggestions... but sadly, this deck didn't work out. Although this deck was meant to be casual winning 38% of the time against other casual decks is quite disheartening... Thank you all for your support and suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hybrid Deck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck!   Hybrid Deck! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hybrid Deck!
Page 1 of 1