HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

why is Twin Blader so expensive?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LightLightning

PostSubject: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-17, 12:34

They're at 27.99$ at Coolstuffinc and similar prices on ebay. I believe we aren't getting another NG sentinel for quite a while, but I think that's the same with OTT, and the Choclat's are only $19.99 at the moment.
Am I missing something? It's not like any NG deck is actually being successful in either English or Japanese meta.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-17, 12:44

Honestly, I'm not quite sure. I can only speculate that people are buying them due to Stern, and then there is I think a high anticipation for Super Beast Dragon(Goldy as I like to call him) with the set in June able to make a much more functional Beast Deity deck. However all of this is merely speculation at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-17, 13:23

Probably because Ethics Buster and/or Iluminal Dragon. Which is odd since we've got like 2 weeks before Set 8 and not much activity regarding Diamond Ace...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-17, 14:11

FUCK YEAH MECHS

There is your answer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
junri

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-17, 15:10

I got mine for 10 dollars a piece and as far as I know, in my area, Twin Blader is treated as a standard, non-meta PG in terms of pricing (10-15).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-17, 15:38

I'd assumed it was down to everyone jumping on the Raizer build like it's going to win them every game from now until doomsday, not helped by the fact that I know at least two people who have started stockpiling the things, anyone else who might actually want to run Novas be damned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-18, 01:28

Look and Stern and Raizer's pricings. People really aren't jumping on those bandwagons or their prices would skyrocket. My own speculation is a combination of hoarding, re-buys on e-bay (never fucking use this to price cards), and retailers jacking up the prices of staples.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-18, 01:58

There's so much second market meddling with CFV is offensive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark5ide

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-18, 05:12

3XXXDDD wrote:
FUCK YEAH MECHS

There is your answer?

This. Whenever people talk about NG, it's not about the playstyle, it's not about how powerful deck X is vs deck Y. It's mostly because "Dude, I love mechs!"

Honestly, if they ever made a decent Gundam TCG or real mecha game, people will eat it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duce

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-18, 09:11

Maybe due to older less bought set, so there are limited qualities in circulation thus people are charging more for them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-18, 13:47

Duce wrote:
Maybe due to older less bought set, so there are limited qualities in circulation thus people are charging more for them?
There are plenty of Set 2 in circulation. They're just not selling due to low demand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LightLightning

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-18, 18:28

Nevermind, you gave me the answer implicitly.
Twin Blader is one of only a handful of usable cards out of BT02, so it is naturally more expensive. I was comparing it to Chocolat but I forgot she is from BT01 which has quite a few more usable cards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-20, 01:27

That doesn't explain all of the irregularities with novas and the tampering. It's only a possibility or partial solution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-20, 04:47

Similar to how Perfects that should be around $6 are now $10 lowest price. What I think happened is that Twin Blader rose in price naturally passing the usual $10 mark and now hitting $20-25 because it is being counted as one of the "popular" perfects which are blown way out of proportion. My ass crap like Mark was worth $30, same deal here I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-25, 06:46

I figured it's down to the sheer amount of builds you can make with Nova Grapplers. There are always loads of variations and the new sets to come will only add to that. Being a staple in the deck, Twin Blader will naturally be in high demand.

I only got 4 copies myself because I bought a Stern deck on Ebay. Not my cheapest purchase, but the deck was fully functional once I obtained some Miss Splendours to supplement it and I had a Gold Rutile deck that badly needed the Twin Bladers also. Plus I can always sell off the 4 Asura Kaiser's I no longer need! :-)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-25, 13:24

That would require Nova Grapplers to have more than an 11% English marketshare which tournaments suggested they don't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rexfighter

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-25, 14:04

farmergiles wrote:
I figured it's down to the sheer amount of builds you can make with Nova Grapplers. There are always loads of variations and the new sets to come will only add to that. Being a staple in the deck, Twin Blader will naturally be in high demand.

Just this.

Perhaps people aren't buying enough BT-02 for the card to be circulated through the market. Kind of like Supply and demand, where there is little supply and lots of demand.

Alice wrote:
That would require Nova Grapplers to have more than an 11% English marketshare which tournaments suggested they don't.

That's a statistic for players that use Novas as their main deck, it does not include players who use Novas as a side deck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-25, 20:37

Wrong, players that use Novas as a side deck are less motivated to buy Novas at their high price. Thus it would create a smaller demand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rexfighter

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-26, 00:26

I was going to say that you're not including the players that have already made a Nova Graps deck.

But then again, I have no idea whether or not there even was a price spike. I'm in the same boat as Junri, where they have always been $15.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HugeMcLargeTall

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-26, 03:24

Alice wrote:
Wrong, players that use Novas as a side deck are less motivated to buy Novas at their high price. Thus it would create a smaller demand.

thats why i dropped them, just gonna be tachikaze only now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-26, 05:12

Well I got 4 now so I just swap them between GR and Stern as and when needed. Yeah if only they were as cheap as the Archbirds were!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-26, 12:31

Rexfighter wrote:
I was going to say that you're not including the players that have already made a Nova Graps deck.
But that would lower the demand...if you already have the deck, the demand isn't high. Man do you even economics?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rexfighter

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-26, 15:10

Alice wrote:
Rexfighter wrote:
But that would lower the demand...if you already have the deck, the demand isn't high. Man do you even economics?

I was trying to suggest that if demand was constant and supply was low, the price would be higher. But ultimately, you are indeed correct. I need to economics moar.

Sensei arigatou gozaimashita.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   2013-04-26, 15:27

Yeah you had them backwards. Supply was constant and demand was flux.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why is Twin Blader so expensive?   

Back to top Go down

why is Twin Blader so expensive?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: