HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
farmergiles

PostSubject: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 07:02

Basically as the title goes - how much are most of you willing to pay for a Cardfight Vanguard deck providing it had the staple cards you wanted in it?

This isn't me selling anything, I'm just curious as being a "man of variety" when it comes to card games I like having several decks and in my time I've acquired some by booster boxes/singles/trades but also one was a direct Ebay purchase (Stern inc Twin Bladers) and occasionally local sources bring up intriguing deals.

I recall the Stern deck was around £125 - again not cheap but then it did have the full Stern chain as well as 4 Asura Kaisers which I'm likely to flog off soon as my Nova decks don't use him so some money will be returned for that. Plus it had 4 Twin Bladers which from my research you can't get for less than £15-£20 a pop.

I do tend to go for budget clans when possible hence Neo Nectar, Tachikaze and Spike Brothers have featured, but then sometimes more pricey ones like Pale Moon, Great Nature and Nova Grapplers make the cut if I like the look of them. (it helps being an accountant living alone, you get spare money! :P)

Come to think of it a local source is trying to ship his Tsukuyomi deck for £200 including 3 SP's (2 x Full Moon and 1 x CEO) and 4 Battle Sister Chocolats and Silent Toms. That's one hefty price tag, but then Oracle Think Tank cards are worth a ton everywhere and I've always enjoyed Misaki's portrayal of that deck (why did she move to the heathen that is CoCo Newbie Style? :P). Depends how much collectors tend to spend on the SP's. I personally couldn't care less if it were RRR or SP so I'd happily sell the SP's and replace with RRR's to get money back.

What are other people's thoughts?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 07:22

Screw the cards, I have money!!! I don't care if they are expensive or not. As long as I have money, I will buy them all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 07:31

Certainly seems that way while there's cash to burn! Dam you card games for taking my money! :D Still tempted on the Oracles........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 07:43

farmergiles, is that avatar you? You look so handsome and smart in that suit.

As for your question, I have a working life, therefore, I have the money. So buying cards are no issues to me. It just the matter of which cards are worth buying or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 07:52

Ha ha, had to borrow a work one! WIsh the decent girls would say the same thanks! :-) I've had two guises on Alice's articles with different accounts so I figured might as well make it obvious now!

Yeah I guess so, it's not like I have to scavenge for anything, I save enough for a rainy day each month as it is. No wife and kids = less expenses!

And to be fair, Tsukuyomi is a nightmare to acquire by normal single means.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 07:56

At least the price of vanguard is nowhere as insane as the ones in yugioh, like prophecy deck or those synchro/Xyz monsters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 08:03

Wouldn't know on the YugiOh ones, though I'm glad to hear that! I remember Magic the Gathering being a nightmare, not necessary due to expensive singles but the sheer speed in which booster boxes were released and how much each one completely changed the game.

Cardfight boxes are "fairly frequent" but they just introduce new builds, not all of which are desirable or necessary or you might only need a bit of what's in the box so they're easier to deal with. I had practically zero interest in Twin Blades other than Neo Nectar and they were cheap as chips to acquire being so new, where as Blue Storm has about 50% useful stuff in it (more so if I acquire enough Zeal cards to consider DP - I don't normally like mechs but the Zeal chain is just sick). Clash will be a nice one though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 08:09

Oh yes. If you are into oracle, tsukuyomi is the better build. And honestly thinking, CEO Hamburger-Time limit break skill is really meh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 08:22

Lol why is she called "Hamburger Time"?

I had a look at her, I agree, that's a pretty meh skill considering the amount of draw power in Oracles plus the fact you have to ride over the already awesome CEO version.

My mate uses Tsukuyomi but doesn't have loads of CEOs to fill up the Grade 3's so ends up using that Euryale one which to be fair is a nice card, but not one I'd put with Tsuko, she seems more like a Sakuya tech. That said my mate is the unluckiest person when it comes to riding. I shook his hand in respect last week because he failed to ride a grade up at one point despite the superior ride effect and all his drawing! :P He even had one game where his Dark Irregulars failed to get past Grade 0! :P

Memory wise.........ok my memory skills aren't fantastic and Alice's article confused the hell mary out of me but with practise I reckon deck stacking with Tsuko would be possible particularly if I split the triggers into as many different variations as possible (i.e. all instances of crit and draw triggers out so far) to help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 08:32

Any time you type C.R.O.S.S.R.I.D.E (Craptastic Ride Obviously Stops Strategies Rapidly Integrating Decisive End) you end up with that.

Anyway.

I usually don't try to spend too much on a deck. Unless I can be certain that I can get at least half the deck in one sitting. That's why I just look at the news regarding the new Sets and wait about 6 months before I can get the pieces. For example, I'm going on a massive spend-bide for Set 9, and also going to completely ignore Dazzling Divas altogether, saving yet more money for Set 10...

I've had to flog several decks to get other ones, but that's fine since the decks I lose aren't ones that I can improve right away. Or they're under-supported.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. WoW

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 08:46

I'm picky about the decks I play. If it's fun, competitive, and awesome then I'm willing to spend my money on it, but never more than 70 dollars or so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 08:49

70 dollars in £ ain't very much - not many competitive decks I'd get for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. WoW

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 08:55

I got my JPN Musketeers for 70 dollars (would invest more for Mirkka later on) and an ENG Megacolony deck for 40 dollars or so that I use as a main deck (Includes Master Beetle SP and Giraffa SP too :P). I'm not from the US so prices may differ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 08:56

Ah well if you're buying Japanese, they would be cheaper, but I have to stick with English. And I've never considered Megacolony to be competitive but that's just me! :P Prices in UK are astronomical, hence I get all mine from US or Singapore! :P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. WoW

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 09:01

Yeah, Singapore sells things much cheaper. Everytime I see Singaporeans selling stuff in the wiki comments with cheap prices, I'm always wishing I was at Singapore at that moment, ready to dial their phone numbers :P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 09:01

Mr. WoW wrote:
I got my JPN Musketeers for 70 dollars (would invest more for Mirkka later on) and an ENG Megacolony deck for 40 dollars or so that I use as a main deck (Includes Master Beetle SP and Giraffa SP too :P). I'm not from the US so prices may differ.

Seriously, I hate JPN cards, some players always fuck up the effect wrong, especially when there are no judges in the local store. I rather play english.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. WoW

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 09:06

Jabberwock wrote:
Mr. WoW wrote:

Seriously, I hate JPN cards, some players always fuck up the effect wrong, especially when there are no judges in the local store. I rather play english.

I fell in love with Musketeer's playstyle that I couldn't wait anymore, especially with Mirkka being available soon. And you're right, people kept on having the effects wrong, I saw a player that called Glass Beads Dragon from Cecilia's effect and was like, Dude you're cheating..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 09:10

Mr. WoW wrote:
Jabberwock wrote:
Mr. WoW wrote:

I fell in love with Musketeer's playstyle that I couldn't wait anymore, especially with Mirkka being available soon. And you're right, people kept on having the effects wrong, I saw a player that called Glass Beads Dragon from Cecilia's effect and was like, Dude you're cheating..

Christ, either he/she's cheating or he/she didn't read the text properly from the internet. To the peoples who play JPN vanguard, if you WANT to play JPN format, please for the love of GOD, MEMORISE YOUR DECK EFFECT!!! I don't care if the fucking match is delayed. I will use my handy dandy android phone and check the card skill, just to make sure the player is telling the fucking truth. Usually, it's mostly the kids that fuck up the effect. Rarely does it happen to teenagers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. WoW

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 09:15

Jabberwock wrote:
Mr. WoW wrote:
Jabberwock wrote:
Mr. WoW wrote:

Christ, either he/she's cheating or he/she didn't read the text properly from the internet. To the peoples who play JPN vanguard, if you WANT to play JPN format, please for the love of GOD, MEMORISE YOUR DECK EFFECT!!! I don't care if the fucking match is delayed. I will use my handy dandy android phone and check the card skill, just to make sure the player is telling the fucking truth. Usually, it's mostly the kids that fuck up the effect. Rarely does it happen to teenagers.

There was another player playing Pale Moon and used an illegal combo of calling Trapezist to call Trapezist over and over again to increase Luquire's power. I showed him the ENG verion skill from my phone and he asked his friend which replied, "Don't be too sure. The effects of the JPN and ENG version can be different." What the hell?
Probably should have posted this in the "Sheeiitt that Cardfighter Says" thread..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 09:17

In that case, I will ask the tournament organizer to disqualify that cheating bastard. Apparently, they can't read. So, if JPN and ENG effect is different, where the fuck did they find the translated effect? Oh, they speak japanese? Right...

Anyway, Mr.Wow. Did you take part in the ENG Team League 2013?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. WoW

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 09:22

It was only a casual match so I wasn't bothered too much with it.
And no, I didn't participate in the ENG Team Tournament, at least not yet :P (EDITED this post because I just remembered that there's another shop nearby that's holding the event in 2 more weeks, so I might still be able to compete :D)

Last edited by Mr. WoW on 2013-04-25, 09:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 09:28

Mr. WoW wrote:
And no, I didn't participate in the ENG Team Tournament, at least not yet :P (EDITED this post because I just remembered that there's another shop nearby that's holding the event in 3 more weeks, so I might still be able to compete :D)

Have you found the team yet? What deck are you going to use?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. WoW

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 09:31

Jabberwock wrote:
Mr. WoW wrote:
And no, I didn't participate in the ENG Team Tournament, at least not yet :P (EDITED this post because I just remembered that there's another shop nearby that's holding the event in 3 more weeks, so I might still be able to compete :D)

Yeah, I'm participating with my friends, not quite sure what deck they are going to choose but I'm definitely using my Megas :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 09:34

Mr. WoW wrote:
Jabberwock wrote:
Mr. WoW wrote:

Yeah, I'm participating with my friends, not quite sure what deck they are going to choose but I'm definitely using my Megas :D

I hope you win. In fact, you MUST win. Be the best vanguard player in your country!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. WoW

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   2013-04-25, 09:36

Jabberwock wrote:
Mr. WoW wrote:
Jabberwock wrote:
Mr. WoW wrote:

I hope you win. In fact, you MUST win. Be the best vanguard player in your country!
YEAH!! I'll show those MLB/Dragonic Overlord, The End players :P
Thanks for the support XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?   

Back to top Go down

How much are you willing to spend on your deck outright?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: