HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

a risky cost in a theoretical deck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: a risky cost in a theoretical deck   2013-05-03, 10:40

I recently had a long debate with my friends about cfv yesterday,after losing to an angel feather (shamsiel) deck,I joked about what would happen if they made a clan whose mechanic was to send cards from either the top of the deck or a specific card to the damage zone to gain effects,he said that the clan would be too risky to play and too easy to counter just defend my attacks and let me kill myself from using effects.however it could be more viable if the effects were worth it and gained cheap heals to compensate the cost.but friend B believes that there isn't a fair effect that you could give that makes that cost worth it.

I wanna hear from more experienced player if this really is too risky but please give a rational and logical answer

IMO:a clan like that ,while being too risky,actually decreases risk in the late game,think of it this way,we all know that LB5 is more than usually a really strong but also inherently risky skill,but with a clan like this you could not only lb5 more safely since you could do it on your own turn but also gain effects from other cards for doing so.
I believe that this clan wouldn't need healing mechanics but instead focusing on rushing the late game with cards that sacrifice dmg for +1 crit and power at lower levels and owning at late game by having bonuses if specific cards are in the dmg zone and having cards with low early power but gain a steady power bonus for every card in the dmg zone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a risky cost in a theoretical deck   2013-05-03, 11:26

You mean hypothetical, not theoretical.

Don't use "IMO".

Do we not already have a deck like that in the form of Granblue? Notable cards are Deadly Spirit, Deadly Nightmare, Evil Spirit, Evil Shade and Undead Skull Dragon?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: a risky cost in a theoretical deck   2013-05-03, 12:37

3XXXDDD wrote:
You mean hypothetical, not theoretical.

Don't use "IMO".

Do we not already have a deck like that in the form of Granblue? Notable cards are Deadly Spirit, Deadly Nightmare, Evil Spirit, Evil Shade and Undead Skull Dragon?

Sorry for using theoretical ^_^ was searching for the right word to use and it seemed right at the time
the clan is a little similar to gran blue in that it takes cards from the deck and places them in a zone other than the hand or field angel feather also shares this trait,however gran blue puts their units into the drop zone while this clan would be riskier because it sends them to the damage zone meaning that the risk is much greater because whether they guard or not you already sent a card to the damage zone.angel feather also seems similar to the hypothetical clan in that they use the damage zone but the main difference is that AF is focused on healing and swapping cards while this clan would be focused on dealing more damage and crit at early levels at the cost of damage,they also thrive in 4-5 dmg situations like AF but rather than healing or swapping,they gain bonuses for each card there or for specific cards being there.However i do feel that Both their clans would be able to summon units from the dmg to rear guard
sample booster:
Power:6000 effect:when this unit boosts a <<insert clan name here >> the boosted unit gain +1000 power for every card in the damage zone
sample svg:
power:5000 effect :pioneer/when an attack hits put into soul and cb1 search your deck for a <<insert clan name here >> unit and place it in the damage zone face down and choose a card from the damage zone and place it into the drop zone
sample grade 3 trump card:
power:10,000 effect : cb3 when this unit attacks you may pay the cost,it gains +1 crit for every <<insert trump card's name here>> in the damage zone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a risky cost in a theoretical deck   2013-05-03, 12:44

I'm not going to reply with any information until you space out your posts a bit better. It burns my eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: a risky cost in a theoretical deck   2013-05-03, 13:11

what do you mean by space out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: a risky cost in a theoretical deck   2013-05-03, 13:27

Make paragraphs.

Like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: a risky cost in a theoretical deck   2013-05-04, 23:11

Okay I'll try ^_^
It's a little like granblue except:
GB takes advantage of the drop zone,while this clan adds to the damage zone(more risky)
GB strength is summoning units from the drop,even though this clan can do the same from the dmg zone it's not their forte.
if it's not clear what kind of cards this clan has here's an example
Starting vanguard:
:pioneer/when an attack hits put into soul and cb1 search your deck for a
<<insert clan name here >> unit and place it in the damage zone face down
and choose a card from the damage zone and place it into the drop zone

this is to increase the strength of their strongest unit:
grade 3 trump card:
power:11,000 effect : cb3 when this unit attacks you may pay the cost,
it gains +1 crit for every <<insert trump card's name here>> in the damage zone
;auto:during your turn if you have 2 cards in your damage zone named
<<insert trump card's name here>> this card gains +5,000 power
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epideme

PostSubject: Re: a risky cost in a theoretical deck   2013-05-04, 23:15

Angel Feather?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: a risky cost in a theoretical deck   2013-05-05, 00:19

Epideme wrote:
Angel Feather?
I'm spending more time explaining this clan than learning if it's an acceptable cost -_-
It's similar to angel feather :) but AF is more defensive
focusing on swaps , heals, and summoning units from the damage zone
while this clan is more on offensive and masochistic
damaging yourself by sending cards from the top of the deck to the damage zone to gain
effects that force the late game,and then gaining bonuses activated only during the late game
I realize that the sample cards didn't show what i was talking about so how about this:
grade 2 unit:
power:10,000 effect:auto:(send one card from the top of the deck to the damage zone)when this unit's attack hits and both you and your opponent have 4 or
less cards in the damage zone you may pay the cost,your opponent sends one card
from the the top of his deck to the damage zone.
Sample booster:
power:6000 effect:during your turn this card gains +1000 for
every card in your damage zone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epideme

PostSubject: Re: a risky cost in a theoretical deck   2013-05-05, 00:36

Both of those cards are broken. You should learn more about how cards are balanced before you attempt to make your own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: a risky cost in a theoretical deck   2013-05-05, 01:02

That's just what i could think of from the top of my head ^_^ I'm not good with making cards -_-
I kinda just wanted to show the concepts,so disregard the cards,what do you think about the concept?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakota

PostSubject: Re: a risky cost in a theoretical deck   2013-05-19, 14:51

Okay, I'm understanding your concept idea fairly well here, I think. Here are two issues I see: 1, some of that is already done in the form of Angel Feather. I don't mean swapping. I mean the new sub-clan, Celestials. Angel Feather is now capable of fishing specific units from the deck into the damage zone. Zerachiel gives all Celestials a power boost if another of her persona is in the damage zone. The second issue is definitely a risk-to-reward scenario. Most of the time, activating your effects would be detrimental to your game. This is because there are exactly 2 effects in-game besides triggers so far that ACTUALLY HEAL. These are Cosmo Healer, Ergodiel, and he heals 1, and Mobile Hospital, Feather Palace, which is a MEGABLAST and heals as many damage as you have rear-guards. So my point is this: Balancing a cheap heal into the effects would not be logical or possible. Healing is NOT meant to be cheap. There is no way to make it cheap; they allow you to run 4 heal triggers, no more. That's it. If they instituted a system such as that, then they'd have players running all the heal effects and none of the damaging effects. It's just not capable of being balanced in the game of Vanguard. You want cards that do that, play Yu-Gi-Oh!. There's at least 4 competitive decks that do it as their main thing. (Arbitrary number, but whatever; and I mean the damage yourself for effects, then heal yourself part.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a risky cost in a theoretical deck   2013-05-19, 19:44

Kota goddam. Put a few line breaks in there one in a while, geeze. Let those paragraphs breathe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakota

PostSubject: Re: a risky cost in a theoretical deck   2013-05-19, 22:23

Sorry, I was rambling, and I kinda strung it all together as one thought process. I can add them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a risky cost in a theoretical deck   

Back to top Go down

a risky cost in a theoretical deck
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: