Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deck help for a special tournament

Go down 
+16
Dakota
Jabberwock
junri
Kirosnefakman
Alice
thym4n
3XXXDDD
Chestnut_Rice
zaglier
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Pendragon
ResourcefulGeneral
BrookylnRage
Mongoose
bradon
Vulcanpeace
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-10, 23:05

you might wanna have to read the first few posts of page 1 :)
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-11, 04:58

thym4n wrote:
this might not answer your question, but may we see your deck list for the fruit-elf feather-palace deck?
Sadly I've already disassembled it after someone pointed out the flaw in my combo,currently i'm trying to find a way to make pellinore emperor work,I really feel there's something there ^_^
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-11, 07:41

Wouldn't a General Pellinore work better? If you call Pellinore with Emperor and use his superior ride, you'll lose Emperor's twin drive I believe.

Death Warden Stil Anchor maybe?

Or Solitary Knight Goku / Jelly Goku.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-11, 13:23

Kirosnefakman wrote:
Wouldn't a General Pellinore work better? If you call Pellinore with Emperor and use his superior ride, you'll lose Emperor's twin drive I believe.

You're actually right about this. Pellinore gets called before Twin Drive, so his standby resolve occurs before the Drive Check step. It'd be a waste and you'd lose your checks.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-11, 13:31

Christ Pellinore, will your apparently-not-a-superior-ride-skill ever redeem itself?
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-11, 14:19

Alice wrote:
Kirosnefakman wrote:

You're actually right about this. Pellinore gets called before Twin Drive, so his standby resolve occurs before the Drive Check step. It'd be a waste and you'd lose your checks.

Well if Alice says it, then it must be true,too bad with the right combo and a few of those switching rg mechanics from aqua,you could pull off 7 attacks and 4 drive checks in one turn for just cb2, if you drew another emperor you could do the combo all over again.oh well guess it was too good to be true ^ _ ^
off to the drawing board...
btw the weekly tournament started up again today,I tried the zergling rush it seemed like a good idea but as soon as most of em had their 10k vg I was screwed,It became too easy to guard my attacks and the combo plays were just too strong i play till the end though and managed to go w4/l15 ,maybe it was just because of luck
BTW I dont know what type of deck the winner had but when i fought the guy it seemed to be some amalgation of PM,DI, and OTT.
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-11, 19:55

Well, Vulcanpeace, you can always add reckless express to soul blast 1, making it a 12k attacker to punish 10k VG. Just add a couple of G1 cards that can SC and max Mecha Trainers to search for any G1 cards. Too bad the tourney ends though.

As for that guy who uses PM, DI and OTT. I bet he is using the DI amazing SC, combo with Alice to switch out any cards. And the OTT is probably Silent Tom, combined with 9k Poet to make the 17k column.
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-12, 00:52

Actually the tourney is Bi-weekly so hoping to try again next time ^_^ ,It was actually fun ,It's a nice break from the normal tournaments,hopefully by the time i join for another round ,someone will post a combo so deadly it will bring me to first place XD
at the moment i think the card with the most potencial is dudley emperor and sea otter their individual effects are just op with that rule but I dont know all the cards in this game so i could be wrong.
BTW PBD+ 3 Sea otters=30k vg with 3 crit O_O
Back to top Go down
junri

junri

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-12, 01:36

Vulcanpeace wrote:
Actually the tourney is Bi-weekly so hoping to try again next time ^_^ ,It was actually fun ,It's a nice break from the normal tournaments,hopefully by the time i join for another round ,someone will post a combo so deadly it will bring me to first place XD
at the moment i think the card with the most potencial is dudley emperor and sea otter their individual effects are just op with that rule but I dont know all the cards in this game so i could be wrong.
BTW PBD+ 3 Sea otters=30k vg with 3 crit O_O

Sea otters can be retired when PBD activates its effect because its a cost not an effect, but it Otters work with certain Tachikaze units if you are using Merc rules. ;D
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-12, 01:45

You can try combining Neo Nectar Sephirot with Murakumo. Murakumo clan is able to clone themselves consistently, making it easier for Sephirot to use its limit break to power up every ninjas.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-12, 07:29

I would really rather someone accept what I say because of its own validity, rather than my reputation. That's exactly what leads to situations like my blog being the only thing that approaches rigor.
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-13, 02:57

Alice wrote:
I would really rather someone accept what I say because of its own validity, rather than my reputation. That's exactly what leads to situations like my blog being the only thing that approaches rigor.
that feels like something jesus would say if he were alive today,
jokes aside,you are probably the most experienced person i know concerning vanguard,so what kind of cards do you suggest for this kind of tourney?
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-13, 03:14

Jabberwock wrote:
You can try combining Neo Nectar Sephirot with Murakumo. Murakumo clan is able to clone themselves consistently, making it easier for Sephirot to use its limit break to power up every ninjas.
Specail Ninjitsu: Dance of a thousand dragonic petals!!!
Nice combo :D
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-16, 23:53

Alright after doing some testing and brain storming I've finally finished my deck for the next tournament:
Hit-n-Run
G0
12 Crit/4 heal(sunny smile)/
Bermuda triangle cadet weddle

G1
4 tyrrhenia
4 perfect guard
im actually stumped with this i dont know the best cards for G1,right now im filling the rest with
random 8k vanillas,

G2
4 Hungry dumpty
3 dragonic deathscythe
3 Rio

G3
4 Goddess of flower divination,Sakuya
4 Pacifica

First off I would just like to point out that Im generally not good at making decks
like this because it requires you to know most or all of CFV's cards and well...i dont.
I did my best with what cards my binder could give me.
I know this deck could be way better and im open to suggestions and if it just purely sucks then..
...Off to the drawing board.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-17, 00:57

4 Tyrrhenia is too much really. It's a mere 5000 booster and it is a bad booster to support frontrow rearguard. It is only really useful behind Pacifica for 18k beatstick. Just play 3 is enough.
Back to top Go down
zaglier

zaglier

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-17, 03:39

Looks like you are planning on bouncing your field to take advantage of on calls? How about taking out pacifica and putting in Bermuda Princess Lena? That card also bounces your field. As for g1, consider using Bloody Calf (DI, CB2, retire g1 or lower), Luck Bird (SB2, draw 1 card), and Clay Doll Mechanic (same skill as Humpty Dumpty).

I'm not too sure about your choice of Weddell. Conroe/Mecha Trainer's effects are more useful overall I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-19, 15:30

Chestnut_Rice wrote:
Also the rushdown thing does work. Even better because all your triggers ALWAYS work instead of having to have a unit from the same clan on the field for a trigger to fire.
Technically this isn't true. The rule states that a "card effect" that requires "<<clan name>>" does not require said clan. Triggers are not considered card effects. They're a game mechanic. This alone shows you that the triggers would not fall into the category of said rule as it was stated.

As for "broken" decks that utilize a "don't care about clan" rule... Nubakumo instantly becomes broken. To understand why, let's look at Nubatama for a moment: A clan that turns your opponent's every play into a risk-to-reward decision. Can they afford to guard? Or will they lose a card anyways? Can they afford to call rear-guards? Can they even afford to ride their next vanguard? If you're unsure of the answer to any of these questions, here's your answer: What this does is effectively let you run pure Nubatama. 'Nuff said. Take a look at this decklist.

Grade 0 - 17
1x Stealth Beast, Evil Ferret (Superior Calls a Muraku- Oh, right. Can call any clan to the field for a turn, then it goes back to your hand.)
4x Stealth Beast, Moon Edge
4x Stealth Beast, Cat Rogue
4x Stealth Fiend, Yukihime
4x Stealth Fiend, Dart Spider (If another critical trigger were available to Murakumo, I'd use it. As it stands, triggers are a game mechanic, and unaffected by this rule.)

Grade 1 - 14
4x Stealth Dragon, Dreadmaster
4x Stealth Beast, Leaves Mirage
2x Stealth Beast, Leaf Raccoon
4x Stealth Rogue of Silence, Shijimamaru (because you'll want the counterblasts for your Nubatama cards as opposed to bunshins for 6k rear-guard that do you little good in the first place.)

Grade 2 - 11
4x Stealth Beast, Chigasumi (Hit 11k with ease? Yes, please!)
4x Stealth Beast, Bloody Mist (Vanilla 10k, sorely missed in Nubatama. Also combos with Shijimamaru to hit Hamburger-Time for 2 stages)
3x Stealth Beast, White Mane (Because even if you DO ride Dreadmaster... Don't care!)

Grade 3 - 8
4x Dueling Dragon, ZANBAKU (Because everything that makes them discard adds up, right? And this one's essentially free! And if not, they have a grade 3 unit in their hand left that could be potentially useless otherwise. Win-win)
4x Stealth Dragon, Dreadmaster (Because seriously.)
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-19, 19:38

Actually, we've kinda proven Nubatama is not only not broken even with a completed and fully fleshed out clan, but they're kinda meh compared to even normal cards like Midnight Bunny.I am a huge faggot please rape my face actually made the argument so I'll let him link/explain.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-19, 19:41

OH GOD! ALICE! THAT CENSOR GOT YOU GOOD.

(I'm Mr. Iamahugefaggotpleaserapemyface btw).
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-19, 19:42

NICE. Hahaha fuck your username 3D, god dammit.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-19, 20:08

Quote :
Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 300px-BT01-069EN_C

“Stealth Dragon, Dreadmaster” is the card that makes every player wary about granting Nubatama a fully functional deck, even if the additional Units are vanilla (without skills or their only skills are common power up abilities) at best. I can understand why they are so cautious but I honestly believe it’s a misguided concern. Dreadmaster has the ability to discard a card from the Opponent’s hand for a cost of a single counterblast provided the Nubatama he boosted landed a successful hit against any unit while the attacking player has less cards in his hand than his Opponent. I won’t deny this skill isn’t great, it is but what people fail to realize is that we already have a very similar card, in a different clan that is gaining support, that actually has the potential to do even MORE than Dreadmaster.

Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 300px-BT03-030EN-R

“Midnight Bunny” of Pale Moon is the card I’m referencing. Midnight Bunny allows the player to swap itself with a Unit in the soul (who comes out standing, ready to attack) for a single counterblast when the Pale Moon unit it boosted lands a hit against any Unit. I will concede it’s a tad more difficult to have a viable attack Unit in the soul than it is to have less cards than your Opponent in hand but even then it’s not too far of a stretch.

Both Midnight Bunny and Stealth Dragon, Dreadmaster are practically useless in the early game because they have no counterblast available to pay for their costs and during late-game the Opponent won’t be in a position to allow them to hit because if they can’t guard, they have, sans a freak heal trigger, lost the fight already. Both units shine during the mid-game, where they have counterblast available while their Opponent isn’t currently in the eventual “guard everything” late game (both units do excellent behind the Vanguard for this reason).

As I mentioned above, Midnight Bunny has the potential to do just as much as if not more than Stealth Dragon, Dreadmaster. There are two main scenarios to consider,

The first scenario is the same for either card; Both units boost units with the same power and get guarded for an advantage of one card.

The second scenario is slightly different; Same as above except both units are not guarded and all attacks are aimed at the Vanguard, in the case of Dreadmaster we have gained an advantage of one card, from his skill, and one point of damage. In the case of Midnight Bunny, we have called another viable attacker so we have gained an advantage of one damage along with either one card, if the new unit was guarded, OR an additional point of damage if the new unit wasn’t guarded.

To simplify that, Dreadmaster can do no more than +1 Damage, +1 Card but Midnight Bunny can reach +1 Damage, +1 Card or take it further to +2 Damage (I shouldn’t need to explain why, strictly speaking, life is much more valuable than cards in Vanguard). There is a third scenario that involves attacking a rearguard but all you need to know is Midnight Bunny comes out on top again. So Midnight Bunny, a card in a clan that is still gaining quite a bit of support can, under the right (and relatively easy to fulfill conditions) do more than the card that everyone is quite afraid of “Stealth Dragon, Dreadmaster”.

Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-19, 20:16

Wow,I am a huge faggot please rape my face. Your post makes real sense. I feel like a dunce. *put on dunce hat*
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-19, 20:19

Why, I'll glady rape your face.

Thank you very much for the offer.
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-19, 22:27

Okay. I think I've seen that post before somewhere on the web but never took it to memory, not sure why. But either way, I'm pretty sure half the crazy things that were being done regardless wouldn't be done if they'd remembered the trigger issue. Being that it's a game mechanic, it's not affected by the special rule. Unless the tournament organizer issued another rule for triggers.
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty2013-05-20, 02:31

Kota wrote:
Okay. I think I've seen that post before somewhere on the web but never took it to memory, not sure why. But either way, I'm pretty sure half the crazy things that were being done regardless wouldn't be done if they'd remembered the trigger issue. Being that it's a game mechanic, it's not affected by the special rule. Unless the tournament organizer issued another rule for triggers.
I think there is,
though most of the matches that i remember playing actually had a unit from that clan when they checked a trigger
It would suck if there wasn't though.It'd take away all the fun and ideas you could make :D

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Deck help for a special tournament
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next