Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gold Paladins

Go down 
+6
Klaus
Hawky
zawarudo
3XXXDDD
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Sido Ritsu
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sido Ritsu

Sido Ritsu

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-08, 15:58

So this is my Gold Paladin deck so far.

Grade 0:
1x Crismon Lion Cub, Kyrph
4x Elixir Sommelier (Heal)
3x Flame of Victory (Crit)
3x Silent Punisher(Crit)
3x Speeder Hound (Draw)
3x Weapons Dealer, Gwydion (Draw)

Grade 1: 14
2x Disciple of Pain
4x Halo Shield, Mark
4x Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth
4x Listener of Truth

Grade 2: 11
x4 Knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains
x2 Lop Ear Shooter
x2 Mage of Calamity, Tripp
x3 Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane

Grade 3: 8
3x Gigantech Destroyer
3x Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel
1x White Hare in the Moon's Shadow, Pellinore
1x Great Silver Wolf, Garmore

I kind of just added cards that I felt either looked cool/cute or actually had some playing value
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-08, 16:57

What are you actually trying to accomplish here?

It's not a good idea to just tech all kinds of random things on a whim since you just get a bunch of extremely situational shit that you'll never regularly pull off. Just copy Alice's builds, it is honestly going to be more healthy for you.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-08, 17:46

Is this what you're working for or just what you have?
Back to top Go down
zawarudo

zawarudo

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-08, 18:15

Are you a girl?

Do you like the cute?
Back to top Go down
Sido Ritsu

Sido Ritsu

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-08, 19:37

zawarudo wrote:
no i'm a guy, but I like the cute cards too, so I put them in most of the time
3XXXDDD wrote:
This is stuff I can get, but I want to have a finalized deck before I start purchasing the cards. I've played various builds with gold paladins with the people at my shop so I kind of did it from memory
Back to top Go down
Hawky

Hawky

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-08, 21:46

1) Drop the Pellinore, the only way for you to call it efficiently is through vivane's effect going off and going through ur Lop Ears.
2) 4 Listener's are a bit too much, maybe drop it down to 3.
3) Personally I will drop the Lop Ears for Tripps but if you find them useful then feel free to keep them.

Don't really need 3 Ezels, 2 is enough if you just want to superior ride him. Try to get more Garmores, they are a solid toolbox.
Back to top Go down
Sido Ritsu

Sido Ritsu

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-14, 16:58

Grade 0:
3x Flame of Victory (Crit)
3x Silent Punisher(Crit)
3x Speeder Hound (Draw)
3x Weapons Dealer, Gwydion (Draw)

Grade 1: 14
2x Disciple of Pain
4x Halo Shield, Mark
2x Slaygal Dagger
2x Listener of Truth (Currently Trons)

x3 Sacred Guardian Beast, Nemean Lion
x3 Mage of Calamity, Tripp
x2 Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane

3x Gigantech Destroyer
2x Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel
3x Great Silver Wolf, Garmore

So I changed the deck around and this is what I have now
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-14, 17:11

There is no real need for the Disciple of Pain.
Back to top Go down
Sido Ritsu

Sido Ritsu

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-21, 16:03

3XXXDDD wrote:
I like disciple because it allows me to return cards I may need that;s in my damage to my deck. Especial triggers such as Crits and Heals. Also if i'm at three and I use it, I can go into the limit break aspect of it and try to take an advantage. Also, If I get a heal in the drive check, I basically healed 2 damage for no reason
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-21, 16:36

It's a waste of a CB to put that single trigger back into your deck. The chances that trigger will come up afterwards is pretty small.

Early LB is also pretty meh. Being GP you have far better G1s to be running.
Back to top Go down
LightLightning

LightLightning

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-22, 02:26

Klaus wrote:
It's a waste of a CB to put that single trigger back into your deck.

There is no waste of CB. If you start your turn with 3 open damage, you'll CB 1 and put the card from the top in damage zone (still 3 available), then at end of turn you return the flipped damage and you still have 3 open damage.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-22, 03:17

Waste as in not accomplishing much. Better units can fill the space and better effects could be going off.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-22, 04:34

Sido Ritsu wrote:
3XXXDDD wrote:
I like disciple because it allows me to return cards I may need that;s in my damage to my deck. Especial triggers such as Crits and Heals. Also if i'm at three and I use it, I can go into the limit break aspect of it and try to take an advantage. Also, If I get a heal in the drive check, I basically healed 2 damage for no reason

Do you have any idea how tiny that probability is of getting that exact card (it has to be the exact card, not a copy) is in a Trigger Check?
Back to top Go down
Hawky

Hawky

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-22, 06:46

You also have a 1/3 chance of putting a trigger into your damage zone.
My maths is horrible but its around about there.
Back to top Go down
LightLightning

LightLightning

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-22, 07:09

3XXXDDD wrote:
Sido Ritsu wrote:
3XXXDDD wrote:

Do you have any idea how tiny that probability is of getting that exact card (it has to be the exact card, not a copy) is in a Trigger Check?

If you're still at 3 damage, the game will likely go on for about 4 turns at least (unless you win before, but then nothing matters). Assuming you have 40 cards in deck, 8 drive checks and 2 damage checks gives you a 25% chance of seeing that exact card.
Not groundbreaking but not exactly a tiny chance either, it's just a bonus you get for free.

Getting Blond Ezel's effect 1 turn earlier, while you don't have a fully developed field yet and there's more chance to get something worthwhile, can be relevant. Sending a 1-of like Dindrane, Tron or Charjgal so Garmore can call it from deck next turn can also be relevant.

I'm not saying Disciple of Pain is awesome, but it certainly has some merits. The obvious disadvantage is being only 6k, but it would be too good if it had 7k.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-22, 09:39

Or you could just simply not do that and use the more reliable Garmore instead, which doesn't need to wait til Late Game to call something useful.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-22, 19:37

This discussion is intellectually vapid.
Back to top Go down
Sido Ritsu

Sido Ritsu

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-30, 16:56

Grade 0:
2x Flame of Victory (Crit)
4x Silent Punisher(Crit)
2x Speeder Hound (Draw)
4x Weapons Dealer, Gwydion (Draw)

Grade 1: 15
2x Sleygal Dagger
2x Little battler, Tron
2x Disciple of Pain
3x Halo Shield, Mark
1x Listener of Truth, Dirdrane
1x Silver Fang witch

x3 Sacred Guardian Beast, Nemean Lion
x2 Mage of Calamity, Tripp
x2 Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane

3x Gigantech Destroyer
2x Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel
2x Great Silver Wolf, Garmore

the finalized deck for regionals
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-30, 17:21

btw, 3+2+2 doesn't equal 8. Also, it would be better if you filled in the # of cards for grade 0's :P
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-05-30, 23:48

That deck is somewhat haggard. I assume the copies are all wonky because you couldn't afford/find complete sets?
Back to top Go down
Sido Ritsu

Sido Ritsu

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-06-05, 13:56

Alice wrote:
That deck is somewhat haggard. I assume the copies are all wonky because you couldn't afford/find complete sets?

No. I could get any card I wanted. This was the build that I feel the most comfortable with based on my playing style
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-06-05, 14:20

Are you winning consistently with your play style is probably the best question. If your having trouble in some areas or certain decks, then it's probably better to make the changes needed to insure a more consistently winning deck.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-06-05, 17:21

Sido Ritsu wrote:
Alice wrote:

No. I could get any card I wanted. This was the build that I feel the most comfortable with based on my playing style

There are Good decks and there are Bad decks. There are no "Personal Playstyles" or at least it stops as far as clan choice.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-06-05, 18:12

3XXXDDD wrote:
Sido Ritsu wrote:
Alice wrote:

There are Good decks and there are Bad decks. There are no "Personal Playstyles" or at least it stops as far as clan choice.
This.

Rider Kick wrote:
Are you winning consistently with your play style is probably the best question. If your having trouble in some areas or certain decks, then it's probably better to make the changes needed to insure a more consistently winning deck.
Actually no. Even if you win consistently with whatever you build and however you play, it doesn't actually mean that you're skilled or that your deck is good. It could mean your opponent is terrible or that their deck is terrible.

@Sido, The only way to know if your deck is good is to control for the opponent deck and skill variables with a large sample size. Which is why I'm telling you that deck is haggard. The most obvious two things you can see just at a glance is that your deck has no focus (random low copies but only 2 Garmore, really?) and only 3 perfect guards when 4 is non-negotiably better.
Back to top Go down
Sido Ritsu

Sido Ritsu

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty2013-06-05, 19:37

Alice wrote:
3XXXDDD wrote:
Sido Ritsu wrote:
Alice wrote:

This.

Rider Kick wrote:
Actually no. Even if you win consistently with whatever you build and however you play, it doesn't actually mean that you're skilled or that your deck is good. It could mean your opponent is terrible or that their deck is terrible.

@Sido, The only way to know if your deck is good is to control for the opponent deck and skill variables with a large sample size. Which is why I'm telling you that deck is haggard. The most obvious two things you can see just at a glance is that your deck has no focus (random low copies but only 2 Garmore, really?) and only 3 perfect guards when 4 is non-negotiably better.

For this deck, I just can't play with four. I just feel like It's not needed based on how the deck is constructed. To me, 3 has always felt better than 4. I guess you would actually have to see how I play in order to understand because explaining would just cause more problems.
I do win constantly with the deck. Honestly I've hardly ever seen the Holy Mages in playing the deck. (The whole shop has been training me and making sure I'm prepared for the Team Tournament)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladins   Gold Paladins Empty

Back to top Go down

Gold Paladins
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next