HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Help on Murakumo Magatsu Chain Deck? [JPN]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hatsunegi

PostSubject: Help on Murakumo Magatsu Chain Deck? [JPN]   2013-05-10, 15:40

So recently I just made this my main (my only) deck :), so while going against friends, I find that once you fail the chain, it would be quite hard to bounce back. I feel there's something wrong, so please help assess! ^^

Grade 0:
Magatsu Wind x1
Yukihime x4
Dart Spider x4
Cat Devil x2
Izuna x4
Moon Edge x2

Grade 1:
Leaf Raccoon x1
Oboro Cart x1
Magatsu Breath x4
Leaf Mirage x4
Shijimamaru x4

Grade 2:
Spell Hound x2
White Mane x2
Magatsu Gale x4

Grade 3:
Magatsu Storm x4
Tamamo x2
ZANBAKU x1

Also if possible, what should i add to this deck if I wanted to make it a Mandala/Shirayuki deck? Thanks a lot! :)

Last edited by Alice on 2013-05-10, 17:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : made for JP)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Help on Murakumo Magatsu Chain Deck? [JPN]   2013-05-10, 18:00

Edited the title to indicate Japanese meta since those aren't out yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NubKnightZ

PostSubject: Re: Help on Murakumo Magatsu Chain Deck? [JPN]   2013-05-10, 19:07

Your deck doesn't add up to 50 cards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hatsunegi

PostSubject: Re: Help on Murakumo Magatsu Chain Deck? [JPN]   2013-05-11, 00:18

Hatsunegi wrote:
So recently I just made this my main (my only) deck :), so while going against friends, I find that once you fail the chain, it would be quite hard to bounce back. I feel there's something wrong, so please help assess! ^^

Grade 0:
Magatsu Wind x1
Yukihime x4
Dart Spider x4
Cat Devil x2
Izuna x4
Moon Edge x2

Grade 1:
Leaf Raccoon x1
Oboro Cart x1
Magatsu Breath x4
Leaf Mirage x4
Shijimamaru x4

Grade 2:
Spell Hound x2
White Mane x2
Magatsu Gale x4
Bloody Mist x4 (edited)

Grade 3:
Magatsu Storm x4
Tamamo x2
ZANBAKU x1

Also if possible, what should i add to this deck if I wanted to make it a Mandala/Shirayuki deck? Thanks a lot! :)

right sorry hahahahah, I forgot to add Bloody Mist
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Help on Murakumo Magatsu Chain Deck? [JPN]   2013-05-19, 14:12

First off, I'd like to point out that your grade ratios are wickedly off. An avid user of the Magatsu ride chain myself, I actually signed up today in order to try and get some advanced pointers on my main deck. But I'll tell you what you're doing wrong from here.

Problem 1: Grade ratio. Too many grade 2 units, with not enough grade 3 units. (Recommended grade ratio for the ride chain as per the blog section of this site: 15/10/8)

Problem 2: 1 Leaf Raccoon and 1 Oboro Cart. Your chances of ever having Leaf Raccoon to call are too small. At least 2 copies. Stealth Fiend, Oboro Cart is not the kind of card you should one-off. Its effect is far too useful to jip it so. Remember, other than another copy of itself, it can call a second copy of ANY of your rear-guards. Murakumo is NOT a "more-different cards helps you win" clan. They rely heavily on their cloning, and thus you NEED to run multiple copies of all of the cards you EVER hope to use.

Problem 3: ZANBAKU has little right to be in the same deck as Magatsu Storm. Yes, I understand he's an 11k. But chances are, especially with you having ZANBAKU at 1, if you don't have Magatsu Gale in the soul, you WILL be at 10k at SOME point in the game. There's no use trying to circumvent it; you're hurting your deck consistency in the process. Magatsu Storm's effect, while not an effect to use every turn, is not something that should be eschewed simply because he's a 10k. Add into that the fact that ZANBAKU isn't even very useful to begin with (Woo, anti-Hamburger-Time/breakride... Chances are, if they're going to do it, they'll discard the card to do it anyways, and proceed to beat face), and you've got a serious issue with your grade 3 lineup.

Problem 4: You're running Stealth Beast, Spell Hound... 'Nuff said. (For those of you who don't understand, please refer to the deck's main gambit. Counter Blast 2. And you want to counterblast 1 to put another damage into the damage zone? There are so many things wrong with this picture. 1, you should NEVER need to use Magatsu Storm's effect that early. It's a late-game fix to fill up your rear-guard while conserving your hand, preferably so you can get off a 21k column with Leaf Raccoon. Add to this that you're running 8 9k grade 2s and 4 7k boosters, 1 of which you WANT TO RIDE. Spell Hound is hurting the deck more than he's helping.)

Problem 5: In a build where you're running Leaf Raccoon, you CANNOT eschew Draw Triggers and hope to get off his effect reliably. Your opponent, the moment they see Murakumo, if they're smart, will try to keep you from having more cards in your hand than them. Remember, the same number of cards doesn't count. If they can, they will push just a little extra hard to force you to guard to the point where you won't be able to use Leaf Raccoon's skill. Without it, you just called a vanilla 6k to your vanguard booster circle. Congratulations. (Sorry that that sounds cold, but it's blunt and honest.)

Suggestion 1: Tamamo is a very consistent backup vanguard. In the event that you are unable to ride Magatsu Gale (Gale, the grade 2, not Storm, the grade 3), ride Tamamo. Without Gale in the soul, Tamamo has a better skill and hits harder than Storm. Storm's main advantage over Tamamo is its 11k body and its ability to fill up the rear-guard fast. If you can call, and you don't have Gale in the soul, Tamamo is a far better option. A pair of Flame Foxes for some Tamamo rear-guard action never hurt either. In other words, 4 Tamamo is better than 2.

Suggestion 2: Consider Royalenova at 2. This is a personal choice, but I find it often works. Especially in the event of a misride to grade 1. With Magatsu Wind's skill, you can move it to a rear-guard circle. Toss a Royalenova in front of it with Gale or Storm on Vanguard, and you're hitting for 16. Also, in the event that you're running Shijimamaru and Royalenova, you can potentially abuse your opponent's 10k vanguard for 3 stages.

Suggestion 3: This may sound awful, but decrease the number of Shijimamarus in your deck, or remove it entirely. Without any 8k attackers in your deck, Shijimamaru is unnecessary as a booster. He is most useful as a booster for (of all things) Magatsu Storm on Vanguard if you are unable to get Gale into the soul. Magatsu Storm's skill includes a +3k. Without Gale and with Shijimamaru, that's 21. The same effect is achievable through Magatsu Breath with Gale in the soul. Should you play well, you don't need Shijimamaru, especially at 4. If you add in Royalenova, the most you need Shijimamaru in at is 2, as a tech.

Suggestion 4: Try other builds than Magatsu. I'm not telling you not to play it. I AM telling you to try other builds. As a regular Murakumo player (and this is coming from a guy who built BT05 Murakumo despite disliking Mandala Lord simply because he felt that he fit best with Murakumo and decided it was where he wanted to be), I can tell you that it's taken me months to learn the deck well enough and become skilled enough with it to maintain a decent win record. (So far, I win more often than not, however, I do seem to have incredible luck with the ride chain. On one day wherein I participated in a tournament on Cray Online through Evolve, and earlier that day proxied the same deck against a friend in real life, I played 9 games. 7 of them, I completed my ride chain. The other 2, one of them I rode Gale. The other I rode Storm. Both had me riding Breath. Keep in mind the ratio at which I get off the ride chain is stupidly unlikely and if Alice picked through my ride chain records, I get the feeling she'd probably ask me to pull the other leg, since this one's got bells on.) My major point with this suggestion, though, is that Magatsu is actually one of the harder Murakumo builds to play properly. Just as an example, when I first started, I thought that spamming Magatsu Storm's skill was the way to win. I was sorely mistaken. Magatsu is a deck that requires a ton of practice, re-plays (during practice of course), and very slight customization from an otherwise standardized build in order to perform well. Don't take this as an insult to your ability. Take it as a word for the wise: Had I not already invested so much time into Magatsu Storm (and found my stupid levels of luck I can only describe as the anime might: "my avatar"), knowing its issues as I do now, I would not start playing it. I would pick up Tamamo/Shirayuki instead. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help on Murakumo Magatsu Chain Deck? [JPN]   

Back to top Go down

Help on Murakumo Magatsu Chain Deck? [JPN]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Cardfight!! Vanguard :: Decklists-
Jump to: