Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blood deck (Need opinions please)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

Blood deck (Need opinions please) Empty
PostSubject: Blood deck (Need opinions please)   Blood deck (Need opinions please) Empty2013-05-13, 16:00

So with the release of set 9 next month and some questions I have asked earlier to you good people I put my blood deck before you.

0's 17
1 Spark Kid Dragoon(I realize saishin is better in some situations, but I do like the ability to dig)
4 Malevolent Djinn(crit)
2 Yellow Gem Carbuncle(Crit)
2 Spark Edge Draco Kid(Crit)
2 Old Dragon Mage( Draw)
2 Mischievous Girl, Kyon-She(Draw)
4 Demonic Dragon Nymph, Seiobo (Heal)

1's 14
4 Guld (Perfect)
4 Red River Dragoon( 8k)
4 Photon Bomber Wyvern(10k Booster)
2 Rising Phoenix (Draw)

2's
4 Dusty Plasma Dragon
3 Dragonic Deathsycthe
2 Garuda
2 Hex Cannon Wyvern

3''s 8
4 Vermillion
4 Blood
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Blood deck (Need opinions please)   Blood deck (Need opinions please) Empty2013-05-13, 16:53

You're...pretty want for 18k.

For starters, 4 PBW is WAY too many. One goes behind the VG, and the rest are just going to get drawn when you don't want or need them. For today's meta you need your 7 and 8k boosters. Dump the Phoenixes (Not even Dusty Plasma can shoot for numbers with THAT) and 2 Photon Bombers for Desert Gunner Raien.

Deathscythe's not great either. There's really not a lot of opportunity to get him off since all expenditures have to be after the Vermillion nuke. Thunderstorm Dragoon is pretty much needed here. I prefer the filler Grade 2 to be Shiden since optimal intercepting goes further than you may think. Also it's not an on-hit and is costless.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Blood deck (Need opinions please)   Blood deck (Need opinions please) Empty2013-05-14, 09:48

Hmm, I never thought I'd see the day Deathscythe would be considered obsolete in a Narukami deck. But I'm starting to see that the blood deck is slowly shifting away from control and more into big beats, how odd. Anyways the grade ones and twos have changed based on Lich's suggestions and some of my own thoughts.

4 Guld
4 Red River Dragoon
3 Plasma Bomber Wyvern
2 Desert Gunner Raien
1 Rising Phoenix

4 Thunderstorm Dragoon
3 Dusty Plasma Dragon
2 Demonic Dragon Beserk, Garuda
2 Hex Cannon Wyvern.
Back to top Go down
MechaCrash

MechaCrash

PostSubject: Re: Blood deck (Need opinions please)   Blood deck (Need opinions please) Empty2013-05-14, 17:49

The advice for Phoenix wasn't to cut it down. It was to cut it out. Throw that chump by the wayside, and cut out one of the Photon Bomber Wyverns too. Give those spots to two more Raiens.

The Garudas are going to be dead weight. Cut them for another Dusty Plasma Dragon and Hex Cannon Wyvern, although you can swap the Hex Cannons for Brightlance Dragoon. Up to you which way to go on those.

As for your starter, normally I'd say "bench that chump for Saishin," but thinking about it, how often is the ability to gank a G0 actually important? And you can't use either Vermillion's ability until you have enough damage, and both cost CB3, which leaves you with CB you can't spend unless you get a heal trigger after using one of their abilities. So if you use Spark Kid, you have a better shot at getting some use out of that CB. You can also consider Soh Koh, which is a guaranteed 6k booster for the Vanguard. If you get a Photon Bomber Wyvern, you can just call over it.

I'd also suggest canning the draws for crits.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Blood deck (Need opinions please)   Blood deck (Need opinions please) Empty2013-05-14, 20:55

>gank
That is NOT what that word means. It means gang-kill.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Blood deck (Need opinions please)   Blood deck (Need opinions please) Empty2013-05-15, 03:33

MechaCrash wrote:
The advice for Phoenix wasn't to cut it down. It was to cut it out. Throw that chump by the wayside, and cut out one of the Photon Bomber Wyverns too. Give those spots to two more Raiens.

The Garudas are going to be dead weight. Cut them for another Dusty Plasma Dragon and Hex Cannon Wyvern, although you can swap the Hex Cannons for Brightlance Dragoon. Up to you which way to go on those.

As for your starter, normally I'd say "bench that chump for Saishin," but thinking about it, how often is the ability to gank a G0 actually important? And you can't use either Vermillion's ability until you have enough damage, and both cost CB3, which leaves you with CB you can't spend unless you get a heal trigger after using one of their abilities. So if you use Spark Kid, you have a better shot at getting some use out of that CB. You can also consider Soh Koh, which is a guaranteed 6k booster for the Vanguard. If you get a Photon Bomber Wyvern, you can just call over it.

I'd also suggest canning the draws for crits.

Call over Soh Koh? Then what's the point of the +0 wash for PBW then?

Also, GRADE STUCK BUT GOT RESTRAINT

NEVAH
Back to top Go down
MechaCrash

MechaCrash

PostSubject: Re: Blood deck (Need opinions please)   Blood deck (Need opinions please) Empty2013-05-15, 06:59

PBW is a better booster, but with only two you aren't sure to get it. Saishin isn't terrible, and you can put it behind non-Vanguard things, but like I said, a G0 killer isn't going to amount to much. I'd suggest Djinn of Clapping Thunder, but it won't work with The Blood and is in set 10. Set 11 has Corposant, which is only a 4k booster and not that hot, but at least you can just shove it in the soul to give something +3k and get something out of it when you replace it with a non-crap booster.

I guess it comes down to which you'd rather have: Soh Koh for a decent VG booster in case you don't get your PBW, Spark Kid to make sure you get both G3s (again, normally a bad idea, but you've got ONE thing that uses CB and it uses three of it), or Saishin so you can stick it anywhere you need to and maybe pick off a G0. Alternately, you can find another G1 to replace PBW and keep Soh Koh, but I didn't really see anything worth going for.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Blood deck (Need opinions please)   Blood deck (Need opinions please) Empty2013-05-15, 10:21

Hmmm, this is all very helpful and is going to improve this alot. However I still have questions. And by all means please correct me where I am wrong as this is only going to help.

12 crits vs 8 crits 4 draw
I understand that this is a very aggressive deck, mostly because all the opinions have been to shift away from naru aggro control to straight big beats. However, I have to ask why is not a good thing to have draws in the deck? Certainly hitting a draw trigger on the off turn is a good thing as drawing cards is always good. I can see the advantage as to having more crits in the deck during my turn as to maximize damage, but wouldn't it help me to ensure hitting what I need by increasing my ability to draw?

PBW
Certainly this does need to come down from 4, but I'm not sure I want to take it down to 2. If only just to help me be sure I do draw in to it. I can see it being at a 3 to help ensure the card does get drawn, and the extra's can become Guld fodder.

Phoenix
Again I was operating under the mentality of drawing cards equals winning. However after reading the advice given I can see it does need to come out. Especially because I don't want to play it late game and have to soul blast Vermillion, becuase that would be bad.

Garuda
I'm not quite sure why this would be dumped out of the deck? I do want to have on hit pressure keep my opponent wasting cards to prevent damaging unflipping that fuels both Vermillion and Blood right?

Starters
There really isn't a good choice in this area is there? Saishin while having power is only good against a handful of decks most notably against MLB to get their Wingal Brave. I don't like Soh Koh, if only due to his restraint. So I guess it's just coin toss on Spark and Saishin.

As always please feel free to correct me where I am wrong on these questions/statements as this is only going to help me in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood deck (Need opinions please)   Blood deck (Need opinions please) Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood deck (Need opinions please)
Page 1 of 1