Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cardfight Online

Go down 
+3
bradon
3XXXDDD
Vulcanpeace
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Cardfight Online - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Online   Cardfight Online - Page 2 Empty2013-05-20, 17:06

What is this new project Kota?
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Online   Cardfight Online - Page 2 Empty2013-05-20, 17:12

Well, the program I wanted to build was originally supposed to be a Dueling Network type BYOND environment (as opposed to Cardfight Capital which was like all the Yu-Gi-Oh! games on BYOND). The game was to consist of two modes. Single-player and multi-player. The game would be designed to identify new players and activate a tutorial if they're new. This would pit a trial deck against an AI with another trial deck, allowing players to get a handle on the game. In single-player mode after that, the game pits you against an AI (possibly in varying levels of play), either with a random deck or a deck you build it. (I have also considered a single-player mode acting like an RPG, but that would probably be a much bigger project.) In multiplayer mode, it's essentially Duel Network. You enter a lobby wherein you connect to other players and play against them.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Online   Cardfight Online - Page 2 Empty2013-05-20, 17:18

Dakota wrote:
Yeah, and CO's source is, unfortunately, all Greek to me. Otherwise I would've put in the Guardian Circle myself.
Python is easy. Well at least for me. But that's probably because I know Ruby and they're practically identical.

Vulcanpeace wrote:
I don't see why you're all bothered by this,For me clicking the shuffle button 3 times usually shuffles the deck pretty well
You're an idiot. That's not how probability works. Thanks for sharing your personal opinion about an objective measurable phenomena that states you're directly wrong. Quicksort (the algorithm it uses) is more likely to land on O(n log n) time. In other words highly deterministic and clumpy.

Anyway. The features that CO lacks will forever lack. For that reason alone, it's not worth sitting down to use as a long term solution and something needs to be written for Vanguard from the ground up.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Online   Cardfight Online - Page 2 Empty2013-05-20, 17:23

Alice wrote:

Anyway. The features that CO lacks will forever lack. For that reason alone, it's not worth sitting down to use as a long term solution and something needs to be written BY SOMEONE WHO ISN'T A PUSSY for Vanguard from the ground up.

Fixed that for you!

Goddamn people folding under C&Ds.
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Online   Cardfight Online - Page 2 Empty2013-05-20, 17:39

Well, if anyone knows BYOND well enough, I know how I'm going to make the system work, I just need help on the overall scope of the project. The other big issue is keeping it off of Bushiroad's radar, since we wouldn't want to be shut down like Cardfight Capital. That said, I could definitely make Vanguard Virtual, it's just a large, daunting task for one person. Especially since it's to be fully automative for anti-cheating purposes, and so that the rules put themselves in instead of people constantly asking for rulings. The comprehensive rules make it easy enough to code a turn follow system. The biggest issue I'll have with the automatic system will be coding specific cards' effects. I have a few ideas about this though, I'll have to figure out which works best (which is where another coder could be useful as well). BYOND is very similar to C languages, so if that helps anyone...

As for Python, yeah, I took a look at Cray Online's source. I figured with my, albeit small, background in programming, I could take a look at it. But Python is completely different from what I can understand.

Also, the other program that was being worked on was being done in Unity. 3D models were going to be involved as well as ride animations. But... The guy that started it made Yu-Gi-Oh! Pro, and he's been busy keeping up to date on that, and hasn't had time to work on Vanguard.
Back to top Go down
bradon

bradon

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Online   Cardfight Online - Page 2 Empty2013-05-20, 21:07

A YGOPRO program for Vanguard would be godlike. But that program has its bugs too. Coding in all the cards may not be too hard either since a lot of the cards in this game do the exact same thing.
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Online   Cardfight Online - Page 2 Empty2013-05-20, 22:12

Well, Jack's working on Vanguard Pro, which is a straight port of YGOPRO for Vanguard. That said, I have no idea how the game Buttys was making was going to look, other than that he said it was going to have a 3D field. But the project is, as far as I know on the backburner still.
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Online   Cardfight Online - Page 2 Empty2013-05-21, 00:19

Kirosnefakman wrote:
CFA randomly closes with the message ''Download new version [Insert website here]'' even if I have the newest one. It's really annoying.

EDIT: Another bug I found playing Shamsiel is that you can't just pick any card you like in the damage zone. If you click on a random one and click on add to hand, the top card in the damage zone will go to your hand instead. It gets boring moving your entire damage zone every turn.
specify the game please,
if youre talking about CFA then...
what version are you using? ,the current one is 1.31 ,though you need 1.30 and extract the contents of update 1.31 to the destination folder(i.e wherever you extracted the game to)

Here's where you can download both 1.30 and 1.31 just scroll down a little
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Online   Cardfight Online - Page 2 Empty2013-05-21, 05:11

Dakota wrote:
Well, Jack's working on Vanguard Pro, which is a straight port of YGOPRO for Vanguard. That said, I have no idea how the game Buttys was making was going to look, other than that he said it was going to have a 3D field. But the project is, as far as I know on the backburner still.

Jack is a pussy, he shut it down and apparently deleted everything due to a, very fake looking, C&D.
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Online   Cardfight Online - Page 2 Empty2013-05-21, 05:21

News to me. I'll have to ask him about it. o.o Well, guess that leaves it to either Cray Online, or actually starting in on my project. Unfortunately, I know what the issue will be with my project. It won't be online for the better part of the next several months unless I get a team together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Online   Cardfight Online - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cardfight Online
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2