HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

KKA - May Edition

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LittleFighterFox

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-23, 19:30

DI's breakride is almost exactly what I predicted, though I expected this effect to be two since Goldcelot gets less bonus. So ya its pretty stupid.

I also like the new DI's, hope we see the cards that use the faster soul build (Like, having X in soul grants Y)

Binding won't work. I jut know it won't.

OH MY GOD. SHADOWS. They are the new Royal's, SO MUCH CONSISTENCY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-23, 20:52

VesperGhoul wrote:
Just to note, the break ride does not hit 2 stages on it's own, since it does not have Amons ability, so I think in that case it would be good to have collector out until you get a viable replacement booster. That being said I agree 100% on this card being awesome, finally the days of crappy greedy hand/fiend in shadow are over... DEMONIC PACMEN(and women) UNITE!
You wait until late game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-24, 02:56

I really wanted Raging Hand Dragon to be slightly more kickass than a more chance-y Spectral Duke Dragon...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AegisCrow

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-24, 03:53

oh sweet jesus, the SP spoilers look like everything I'd ever want and more.

so much consistency. so much to offer for Ildonna and DoubleD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Traesive

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-24, 18:49

Revengers are amazing.
House of Amon is amazing.
Yay set 12.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tryston

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-25, 19:03

I really missed this game! So much cool shit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatin

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-27, 00:58

I wasn't the only one that busted out laughing when I read the DI break ride, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-27, 01:15

Meh, I was hoping that they would spoil the Amon Hamburger-Time, while this new break ride is ok, DI's really need an 11+k body that you can sit on or break ride onto so that you don't get crushed by 20k columns.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
newbishop

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-27, 09:29

VesperGhoul wrote:
Meh, I was hoping that they would spoil the Amon Hamburger-Time, while this new break ride is ok, DI's really need an 11+k body that you can sit on or break ride onto so that you don't get crushed by 20k columns.

Dark Lord, Beelzebub, No Life Anchor? They're good alternatives, unless you mean in the soon to come Amon archtype.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-27, 18:59

newbishop wrote:
VesperGhoul wrote:

Dark Lord, Beelzebub, No Life Anchor? They're good alternatives, unless you mean in the soon to come Amon archtype.

Compared to the bosses from other clans? Spectral Duke? Maelstrom? Hell I would call Garmore a better VG than most of the DI G3's. The only one even close to competitive is Dark Lord, and the fact that the player base is smartening up and running 4 PG's he is just a 2 turn trick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-28, 09:06

Witch of the Cursed Charms, Edin
Grade 3/Elf - Shadow Paladin/10000 Power/No Shield
Auto [V]: (Limit Break 4) [Counterblast 2 & Choose 2 of your <Shadow Paladin> rear-guards, and retire them] When this unit is attacked, at the start of the battle step, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one of your opponent's rear-guards that is not attacking or boosting, and retire it.
Auto [V]: When this unit attacks a vanguard, this unit gets [Power]+3000 until end of that battle.

Ruler of the Great Element
Grade 3/? - Dark Irregulars/10000 Power/No Shield
Continuous [V]: (Limit Break 4) During your turn, if you have 10 or more <Dark Irregulars> in your soul, all of your <Dark Irregulars> get [Power]+3000.
Auto [V]: [Counterblast 1] When this unit's attack hits a vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, soul charge 3.

Last edited by 3XXXDDD on 2013-05-28, 09:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-28, 09:20

Great Elements is the ultimate ''fuck you'' to Sephirot.

Last edited by Kirosnefakman on 2013-05-28, 12:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-28, 11:13

VesperGhoul wrote:
I swear to god why the fuck do you people keep asking for crossbullshit?

Quote :
The only one even close to competitive is Dark Lord
Confirming you don't know shit about DI. The ability to SC during midgame and keep his 11k is what makes Death Anchor good. In fact, it's one reason the Break Ride is going to be unbalanced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AegisCrow

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-29, 02:33

man, Edin seems... weird. I don't quite know what to think of her, reading her rules at 2:20 AM local time.
CB2, retire 2 to kill 1 rearguard seems extremely hefty to me. it has some specific potential because it means you'll be able to limit the number of attacks your opponent gets that turn, but I'm not sure about it.

you do the destroying at the beginning of the phase, which means before you do any shielding and before any triggers get flipped. the presence of the ability itself will probably disrupt the order in which your opponent attacks. they would have to attack with vanguard no matter what to have any guarantee that their triggers will be able to be passed along, unless they're packing lots of stand triggers/effects. if they attack with a rearguard first, you can just pop the ability, nuke the other front row rearguard, and perfect guard the vanguard if necessary with no fear of reprisal.

I'm not sure I can wrap my head around it right now. I wonder if there will be other cards that feed into such a strategy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-29, 14:38

Edin is worse than Ildona. If you need defense in late game for CB:2, pick the one that gives you more chances to guard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleFighterFox

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-29, 17:07

Hmm. Since Ildona and Edin have the same cost, I'll compare respective advantage:

Illdona: Draw 2 cards flat. (+2)
Edin: Remove an attack. By itself, its a +1.

So we need to convert Edin into a card advantage. Assert 2/2/2 for example:
> If the opponent does a R>R>V: That stops this effect but is usually stupid as the triggers will fizz.
> If the opponent does a R>V>R: That nullifies triggers. It potential saves (0.55*2+0.45*1) 1.55 cards (+2.55)
> If the opponent does a V>R>R: that means you kill off one row, keeping you from needing to guard with a 10k shield. Regradelss of what happens, you get a +1 from not needing to guard that row and +1 from retiring that card (+2).

Assert 3/2/2
> The opponent does a V>R>R: Kill off the 3 stage row. Now you have to use just (0.55*2+0.45*1) 1.55 to guard the last column, unlike Illdona which will have to use 3.55 (+2.55)

So in summary, I say Edin is at least as good as Illdona in a 2/2/2 column (2 to 2), and BETTER if at least one row is 3 stages (2 to 2.55). [There is the forethought of replacing the field, but in terms of defense only Edin is better]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-29, 19:16

Alice wrote:

I swear to god why the fuck do you people keep asking for crossbullshit?

Mainly because I haven't seen one run since we decided to hold weekly tournaments in my area....6 months ago. Now I may sound a little biased on this, but I think that they have been in need of some new blood for a little while now.

Alice wrote:

Confirming you don't know shit about DI. The ability to SC during midgame and keep his 11k is what makes Death Anchor good. In fact, it's one reason the Break Ride is going to be unbalanced.

You may have a point, I haven't looked at the deck since I finished up Dragonic Overlord, The End and Tsukuyomi OTT, both of which performed better overall due to better defense while applying pressure. I've tried Anchor, but but his ability to lock me out of heals and promote the chances of me decking out was a little undesirable. On another note, that new 10k boss that gives +3k everywhere at LB is pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AegisCrow

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-30, 00:52

LittleFighterFox wrote:
[There is the forethought of replacing the field, but in terms of defense only Edin is better]

That would probably be the main concern for me in using her. Ildona turning rearguards into draws gives him more options with what he can do with those cards than just straight blocking, but Edin's ability is purely defensive, and in any circumstance where she cannot replace her retired rearguards her offense falters and it's just as easy to block her columns as it was to block her opponent's--except the opponent has an easier time of recovering. This is just common sense, of course.

Ildona also swings for 16K by himself when he uses his limit break, so he's got that over her.

Really, i prefer him over her, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-30, 11:41

VesperGhoul wrote:

Mainly because I haven't seen one run since we decided to hold weekly tournaments in my area....6 months ago. Now I may sound a little biased on this, but I think that they have been in need of some new blood for a little while now.
No. hamburgers do not get to be the "new blood". Broken ass mechanics do not get to be new blood. Just ask for better crap to be added to each clan instead of broken crap.

Regarding Death Anchor, you don't use its second skill all the time. The only deck that even does that well is Stil Anchor. And in that case, you don't need to be sitting there talking about heals fizzling since it's one turn they can fizzle; so that's just impact bias to the max. That's like justifying Damage Exploders because you might drive check a heal and heal the extra damage.

LittleFighterFox wrote:
Hmm. Since Ildona and Edin have the same cost, I'll compare respective advantage:

Illdona: Draw 2 cards flat. (+2)
Edin: Remove an attack. By itself, its a +1.
No. Ildona is +0 and Edin is -1. They each retire 2 units. Dona replaces both and Edin replaces one (invertedly).

Quote :
Assert 3/2/2
> The opponent does a V>R>R: Kill off the 3 stage row. Now you have to use just (0.55*2+0.45*1) 1.55 to guard the last column, unlike Illdona which will have to use 3.55 (+2.55)
You forgot the other orders. You only looked at best case scenario for this case. In this case, you attack with your 3 stage column first since she can't stop a unit which is mid-attack. It's the same for her as ildona in that case. She only gets the better end of the stick if the opponent manages 3/2/3 at least.

Quote :
So in summary, I say Edin is at least as good as Illdona in a 2/2/2 column (2 to 2), and BETTER if at least one row is 3 stages (2 to 2.55). [There is the forethought of replacing the field, but in terms of defense only Edin is better]
Cherry picking. You're completely ignoring what Ildona does in favor of looking solely at what you perceive Edin does better. Ildona can not only attack by himself (thus freeing up his vanguard booster position as another choice and being actually superfluous, unlike Edin) but also gets to choose what he uses his advantage for. If you're in the lead, you don't need to use Ildona defensively and can simply call the units down again, using them as a net shield gain if you retired grade threes. Otherwise, you can use them for guard or costs or whatever. Ildona gives you options. Edin takes them away. It also takes either an idiot opponent or someone playing a power-based deck to make Edin "better" in any circumstance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-30, 16:08

Everyone here just got "served" by Alice herself. Gyahahaha...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakota

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-30, 18:16

AegisCrow wrote:
man, Edin seems... weird. I don't quite know what to think of her, reading her rules at 2:20 AM local time.
CB2, retire 2 to kill 1 rearguard seems extremely hefty to me. it has some specific potential because it means you'll be able to limit the number of attacks your opponent gets that turn, but I'm not sure about it.

you do the destroying at the beginning of the phase, which means before you do any shielding and before any triggers get flipped. the presence of the ability itself will probably disrupt the order in which your opponent attacks. they would have to attack with vanguard no matter what to have any guarantee that their triggers will be able to be passed along, unless they're packing lots of stand triggers/effects. if they attack with a rearguard first, you can just pop the ability, nuke the other front row rearguard, and perfect guard the vanguard if necessary with no fear of reprisal.

I'm not sure I can wrap my head around it right now. I wonder if there will be other cards that feed into such a strategy.

Unless I misread the ability, (and I read it back twice), it doesn't matter which rear-guard attacks first. It said "When this unit is attacked," not "When this unit is attacked by a vanguard," so... Basically, Edin retires something either way. Get rid of the vanguard booster? Done. Drop an attacker? Done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-30, 23:14

Edin cannot retire a unit who has declared an attack or a boost though, so it's worth mentioning what order the attacks occur in since the first attack of that battle must necessarily be immune to her skill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-30, 23:30

New reason to attack with 3 stage columns first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AegisCrow

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-30, 23:46

Dakota wrote:
Unless I misread the ability, (and I read it back twice), it doesn't matter which rear-guard attacks first. It said "When this unit is attacked," not "When this unit is attacked by a vanguard," so... Basically, Edin retires something either way. Get rid of the vanguard booster? Done. Drop an attacker? Done.

but here's the thing-if they don't attack with the vanguard first and you use her ability, they attack with the vanguard last--which means any critical triggers effectively fizzle if they get blocked.

on the other hand, if they're running a deck that focuses on stand triggers, they have to attack with a rearguard first anyways or waste the stands.

the ability sort of messes with stand-oriented effects by making it so that the MAX number of attacks and opponent can get of is 3--which is par for the course anyways, and that third attack would be easier to block as well.

I still don't think I'll play her, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   2013-05-31, 16:13

Translations below from NAC.

1. Trial Deck 10 sells the mysterious Shadow Paladins fitting the personality of Ren!
"Ren-sama is so COOL!"
"Shaladins are SO COOL!"
Ren will be playing a major rule in the story of the super mega popular "Link Joker Arc" being broadcast nation wide!

2. Strengthen your Shadow Paladins when Booster 12 goes on sale!
"Let's make Shaladins even stronger!"

3. You'll also get your hands on Link Joker cards.

4. You'll want to make a Deck with the Link Joker cards you've gotten.
"The new ability Lock is really incredible!" "It's really interesting too!"
"Lock" will rampage through "Link Joker Arc", pushing it in a super stylish, hip and mega-cool direction!

5. Trial Deck 11 will sell because you absolutely NEED it to make a functional Link Joker Deck
"Let's combine it with Link Joker!"
Trial Deck 11's Character is COMPLETELY TOP SECRET! On June 10th, the truth of who's on the box will finally be released! Why is that chatacter...!?
Character: TOP SECRET
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KKA - May Edition   

Back to top Go down

KKA - May Edition
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Cardfight!! Vanguard :: News-
Jump to: