HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

[JPN] Looking Ahead: Revengers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phantokaxl

PostSubject: [JPN] Looking Ahead: Revengers   2013-05-26, 13:50

Revenger, Raging Form Dragon

[AUTO](VC) Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage):[Choose three of your rear-guards with "Revenger" in its card name, and retire them] At the beginning of the close step of a battle when this unit attacked, you may pay the cost If you do, choose up to 1 card named "Revenger, Raging Form Dragon" from your hand and ride it as [Stand], choose one of your Vanguards, and it gets [Power]+10000 until the end of turn.
[AUTO](VC):[Counter Blast(1)] When this unit attacks, you may pay the cost, if you do, this unit gains [Power]+3000 until end of that battle.
[CONT](VC/RC): Lord (If you have a unit that doesn't belong to the same clan as this unit, this unit cannot attack)

As a shadow paladin player i am extremely excited that this card is coming out, I believe this card alone is going to put Shadow Paladins in the top tier. What are your guy's thoughts on this card? or the Revenger archetype as a whole?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epideme

PostSubject: Re: [JPN] Looking Ahead: Revengers   2013-05-26, 18:12

Seems kinda hard to pull off for a -2. I like how they're trying to drift away from the problematic self standing VGs, where you could break ride and stack multiple triggers for almost broken levels of power (Descendant), by making it a Persona Limit Break Ride? The whole CB for +3000 power seems an unnecessary tack on though, but I suppose this the new trend with the boss Grade 3s. 11k, a secondary power gain ACT and their big Limit Break.

The important thing is that it looks like a badass so thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AegisCrow

PostSubject: Re: [JPN] Looking Ahead: Revengers   2013-05-27, 01:32

I like that superior calls and unit retiring in shadow paladin builds are becoming A: more common, and B: more rewarding.

also--there's a chain of superior calls that goes Macha->dark bond trumpeter->claudius->Blaster Dark Revenger, call BDR in front of Morale Revenger Dorin. 5 CB for three superior calls and retiring one of your opponent's front row rear-guards.

it's really impractical, but the fact that a chain of superior calls that long can be pulled off it just wacky and cool. when is your field going to be re-filled that much when you're at 5 damage? when are you going to have 5 damage face-up, right?

more consistently, you can use Mordred's breakride when riding Dark Dictator to call Macha, who can pull out a Charon. assuming you've got the rest of the field set up, Macha is swinging for 26, and DD is swinging for 30 for 3 CB. that just sounds fun to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sageco

PostSubject: Re: [JPN] Looking Ahead: Revengers   2013-05-27, 08:51

I am pleasantly surprised at the relative quality of the Revengers, the Liberators kinda had me worried as to what we would get. The fact that Blaster Dark Revenger has better support than his Liberator counterpart is also quite entertaining :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
newbishop

PostSubject: Re: [JPN] Looking Ahead: Revengers   2013-05-27, 13:40

Epideme wrote:
Seems kinda hard to pull off for a -2.

I honestly don't see it as hard as a typical Persona Blast, and unlike Duke, Revengers seem to have no issue at all filling up the field consistently, with good units no less.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [JPN] Looking Ahead: Revengers   

Back to top Go down

[JPN] Looking Ahead: Revengers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Cardfight!! Vanguard :: Decklists-
Jump to: