Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Limit Breaker

Go down 
+4
Alice
3XXXDDD
Scruffy420
BrookylnRage
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty2013-06-06, 02:16

Hate them or love them? After reading Alice set 9 preview, I realize those past set 9 contains nothing but limit breaker too.

So do you agree they make the game stale like what Alice says?
Back to top Go down
Scruffy420

Scruffy420

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty2013-06-06, 03:10

Love or hate? Those are strong words. I'd say I disapprove of limit breaks. Limit Breaks truly limit the game to a late game show down. If I had the choice I would choose a unit without limit breaks. That being said, there are some really good limit breaks out there. I'm a huge fan of Shamsiel, won't lie. But as a whole I'd like to see more non limit break units with awesome skills that compete with Stern.

Because, STERN.IS.THE.SHIT
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty2013-06-06, 05:54

You should read the may update. There is nothing wrong with Limit Break in small quantities but everything is being slapped with it so the games have nothing happen until the late game which just makes for a boring and relatively sacky game.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty2013-06-06, 09:20

I approve of this thread. Also linkies:

http://vmundi.blogspot.com/2013/05/may-update.html
Back to top Go down
newbishop

newbishop

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty2013-06-06, 12:16

It just breeds bad players who love to eat damage like it was candy, to then limit break when his/her opponent is at 3 or 4 damage (ever seen Ezel LB twice into two heal triggers and then twin drive two g3's while his opponent was at like 2 damage?) It's a good concept as long as it's used rather cautiously, not like the big spectacle Bushiroad is throwing it as. And the worst part is seeing people who eat the damage, and then sack the hell out of those triggers to acquire advantage that he doesn't deserve.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty2013-06-06, 12:27

It gets worse when you have to run shit just to hit numbers. Yeah, Stern falls under this category too but he just pressures so goddamn hard that the other decks that sit on their laurels waiting to explode get countered so hard because they either guard or die.

Archtypes and Special CB are pretty notorious. If you looked at something like a Seal Dragon deck you should note that apart from Blockade Inferno, if one built it for 13k I'd wager Blockade Inferno (and maybe the starter although I'd rather have Conroe) is the only thing that actually does anything fun. The rest is idiotic Vanilla shit just to compensate for this one card.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty2013-06-06, 12:29

I want non-limit break main vanguards back D:
Back to top Go down
newbishop

newbishop

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty2013-06-06, 12:37

Honestly, as long as a deck can do something before LB, I think it is fine, which is the problem I had when testing out some of the new stuff, there are some exceptions though. For example, Mordred should be just fine since the deck CAN be made to do shit in mid game (Macha, gururubau rush, the rare Nemain) while Mordred hits decently, or the Ancient Dragons which are taking some Spike Brother-ish qualitities. But shit like most of set 9 is mostly Vanilla power unless you have some fun with it, and even then, Hamburgers screw much of the creativity you could do to have a decent midgame forcing you to run cards you'd rather leave out.
Back to top Go down
AegisCrow

AegisCrow

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty2013-06-06, 12:49

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo wrote:
Yeah, Stern falls under this category too but he just pressures so goddamn hard that the other decks that sit on their laurels waiting to explode get countered so hard because they either guard or die.

hey man, that's a decent RR card--you'll ruin its value if you sit on it!
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty2013-06-06, 13:05

It's RRR.

And you know what I meant.
Back to top Go down
AegisCrow

AegisCrow

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty2013-06-06, 14:13

Stern is RRR, Commander Laurel is RR.

have a a little levity, friend.
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty2013-06-06, 18:18

newbishop wrote:
Honestly, as long as a deck can do something before LB, I think it is fine, which is the problem I had when testing out some of the new stuff, there are some exceptions though. For example, Mordred should be just fine since the deck CAN be made to do shit in mid game (Macha, gururubau rush, the rare Nemain) while Mordred hits decently, or the Ancient Dragons which are taking some Spike Brother-ish qualitities. But shit like most of set 9 is mostly Vanilla power unless you have some fun with it, and even then, Hamburgers screw much of the creativity you could do to have a decent midgame forcing you to run cards you'd rather leave out.

White Lily Musketeer, Cecilia certainly can do something before LB.
Back to top Go down
newbishop

newbishop

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty2013-06-06, 18:52

BrookylnRage wrote:
newbishop wrote:

White Lily Musketeer, Cecilia certainly can do something before LB.

Yeah, I was just giving some examples, though I admittedly forgot about NN, Musketeers are definitely the epitome of the example, although Cecilia does have a non-LB skill, like most of the early LB's. Most of the issue revolves on those which do shit because all of their effects are LB, or at least any relevant ones.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty2013-06-06, 20:26

I've noticed one massive exception to the "LB are boring and crap" rule. Explodey LBs facing down a 12-crit opponent. Why? Because if you get something like Descendant to late game early (he's getting you there too, 12 crit and all) then he's going to explode and kill your whole hand and your damage zone. So yeah, there's an exception. But only because it brings late game so quickly that midgame gambits are practically obsolete. 12 crit is another thing ruining vanguard because of this fact.
Back to top Go down
newbishop

newbishop

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty2013-06-06, 20:41

Alice wrote:
I've noticed one massive exception to the "LB are boring and crap" rule. Explodey LBs facing down a 12-crit opponent. Why? Because if you get something like Descendant to late game early (he's getting you there too, 12 crit and all) then he's going to explode and kill your whole hand and your damage zone. So yeah, there's an exception. But only because it brings late game so quickly that midgame gambits are practically obsolete. 12 crit is another thing ruining vanguard because of this fact.

So... it'll sack the living hell out of you. I still can't believe how people still underestimate crits. Some going as far to say "I prefer draws in The End since the 13k body turns it into a 1 stage shield" , and rebuffs my claim on how 12 crit simply turns a proper deck into a insta win due to the massive pressure everywhere. "The deck already pressures" , exact point, which means that now stage 3 2-crit columns become almost impossible to guard...
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty2013-06-06, 20:53

Yeah, "already" becomes stacked, people. Here's one more thing I want to say, based on the notion that Descendant might turn out to be better than BT05 The End or even Dauntless-End. If that's the case:
Yes, "The End" may possibly not compete with Descendant and therefore be out of the tier 1 running. BUT HOW EXACTLY IS THAT A GOOD THING, SMUG ASS FUCKTARD VANGUARD PLAYER WHO ACTUALLY SAID THAT?

Now the game is even more unbalanced

Congrats. You finally defeated the end. At the cost of The End +2. Pyrrhic victory confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Limit Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit Breaker   Limit Breaker Empty

Back to top Go down

Limit Breaker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: