HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
3XXXDDD
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-29, 09:36

Philippines

1st Spectral Duke Dragon
2nd Royal Paladin
3rd Tsukuyomi
4th Nova Grappler

Final Game wrote:

Gold Paladin on 4 Damage. Royal Paladin checks a Critical on Drive, Gold Paladin damage checks a Heal (invalid), then checks another Heal (works)
(Crowd goes crazy). Next turn Royal Paladin guards with one to pass against a Limit Broken Duke, Duke drives into a draw Trigger for game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-29, 10:44

So the real winner is Royal Paladin then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfen
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-29, 14:15

Alice wrote:
So the real winner is Royal Paladin then.
As much as I want to agree, you wouldn't be saying that if the GP deck had hit a heal check on the second damage and ended with 5 damage total.

I'm actually curious as to why, when everyone runs four heal checks, it's only if it's on the sixth damage that it's not a 'real' win and not when they heal at all? I'm among those people, don't get me wrong... it just kind of hit me like that this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-29, 15:14

I didn't say that at all. The point of my post is to highlight that the RP player clearly had more skill. Being sacked three times in a row when you're clearly dominating means you had the more skill and you did as good as winning. It may not count in a tournament scene, but you'd know that you did best that opponent. I'd say the exact same thing if it were the other way around. I equally dislike RP and GP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfen
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-29, 15:16

Alice wrote:
I didn't say that at all. The point of my post is to highlight that the RP player clearly had more skill. Being sacked three times in a row when you're clearly dominating means you had the more skill and you did as good as winning. It may not count in a tournament scene, but you'd know that you did best that opponent. I'd say the exact same thing if it were the other way around. I equally dislike RP and GP.
Only sacked twice, the first heal didn't go off, but point made. I mistook your intent, but my point does still stand, mainly because of the people's reactions - "Crowd goes Crazy". Just something I find fun to think about I suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-29, 15:32

Feels more bullshit on 6th because not all damage is equal. Healing in Early/Mid game is fine since you can make up the deficit. There's no deficit to make up if you're in Late Game, ESPECIALLY if you have to go for Final Turn. It's abnormal to have a final turn that can survive one heal let alone two. Negating the damage and giving more power usually means the opponent gets a free turn to kill you. And given equal skill, that usually means they do. Unless you sack them back. That's just my take on why.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-29, 16:06

Philippine Qualifiers 2012 Finals

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kotters
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-29, 16:28

>Philippines

Ouch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-29, 16:48

Okay I take back what I said about either of them being skilled. Holy SHIT this is some scrubby play for being the finals. What am I even watching?

This RP player. What. He eats two damage early with an 8k G1 defense, then proceeds to ride Akane AND use her skill. Gets Pongal (great fucking job), but puts it behind the Vanguard circle. WHEN HIS OPPONENT HAS DUKE'S G2 OUT. You already know what fucking G3 you're going to have to ride, why are you using a 7k booster behind the vanguard? Then he rides SSD (no SB of course), calls palamedes, and proceeds to scrub up the entire fight.

Meanwhile his equally braindead opponent uses SDD on a turn where his opponent started at 2 damage. He uses. the fucking. Limit. Break. Yes, he raped his whole field and prevented himself from getting any net plus that entire turn just to swing for jack of all shit. RP guy is just sitting there not doing jack shit. And he doesn't even drop his 10k Elaine in his hand to save Palamedes. What the fuck. Palamedes was the only way this guy could even turn the battle around. RP player just lets SDD guy walk all over him all game by having shit columns and misplaying left and right. SDD should've never been able to recover from LB-ing vs 2 damage.

I couldn't even watch the end game. This was painful. They keep shuffling like shit and touching their opponents' cards without permission.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-29, 17:57

> Has Marron & Galahad, Rides Marron.

> Has Alfred and Soul Saver Dragon with Pongal. Rides Soul Saver, keeps Pongal.

> Makes Palamedes/Galahad 20000 Column vs 11000 Spectral Duke

> Royal Paladin puts entire hand face-down in Damage Zone for no apparent reason

> Limit Break while Opponent is two Damage....Just why?

> Royal Paladin puts entire hand face-down in Damage Zone for no apparent reason

> Royal Paladin puts entire hand face-down in Damage Zone for no apparent reason

> Royal Paladin puts entire hand face-down in Damage Zone for no apparent reason

> Royal Paladin puts entire hand face-down in Damage Zone for no apparent reason

> Royal Paladin puts entire hand face-down in Damage Zone for no apparent reason

> Royal Paladin puts entire hand face-down in Damage Zone for no apparent reason

> Royal Paladin puts entire hand face-down in Damage Zone for no apparent reason

> Royal Paladin puts entire hand face-down in Damage Zone for no apparent reason

> Royal Paladin puts entire hand face-down in Damage Zone for no apparent reason

> Royal Paladin puts entire hand face-down in Damage Zone for no apparent reason

> Royal Paladin puts entire hand face-down in Damage Zone for no apparent reason

> Royal Paladin puts entire hand face-down in Damage Zone for no apparent reason

> Royal Paladin puts entire hand face-down in Damage Zone for no apparent reason

> Royal Paladin puts entire hand face-down in Damage Zone for no apparent reason

Yeah, I'm think I might be just a little pissed at that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-29, 20:32

God I fucking lolled at the spam part.

Yeah I think the most egregious misplay was not riding Galahad. Ride Galahad, check tops, assume he doesn't get it. Next turn notice opponent gets off G2 Duke. Switch up plan and call marron behind van and ride akane. Ride SSD and start swinging for 3. Fucking. it's not hard god dammit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-29, 20:43

Alice wrote:
God I fucking lolled at the spam part.

Yeah I think the most egregious misplay was not riding Galahad. Ride Galahad, check tops, assume he doesn't get it. Next turn notice opponent gets off G2 Duke. Switch up plan and call marron behind van and ride akane. Ride SSD and start swinging for 3. Fucking. it's not hard god dammit.

>FACE FUCKING DOWN<

Never thought about Akane/Marron, nice easy early pressure there that just rolls seamlessly into the SSD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-29, 21:58

Yeap. And on top of the clumpy shit shuffling, that one shuffle where he does it face-up. I groaned audibly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfen
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-30, 01:30

... Watching this, I feel it will be well worth the investment to go to regionals. If NOTHING else, this gives me much more hope that I have good chances as long as I don't get grade screwed or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-30, 03:07

Grade stuck is my biggest fear. With only 2 chances to fail, I feel like that's going to be the deciding factor and not skill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-30, 08:11

Alice wrote:
Yeap. And on top of the clumpy shit shuffling, that one shuffle where he does it face-up. I groaned audibly.

I didn't even get that far, I just stopped watching.

Alice wrote:
Grade stuck is my biggest fear. With only 2 chances to fail, I feel like that's going to be the deciding factor and not skill.

Yay for Turiel :D (and defence increments).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-30, 12:23

Oh my god turiel DOES stop grade stuck for G3

Jelly Beans stops it at any grade :3c
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus

avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-30, 13:35

I didn't even watch the video just because of the image it has before clicking play there.

But it's pretty sad to see people make plays rather early. I encounter it all the time on Byond with people letting themselves get to four damage early just so at the G3 ride they can LB. Especially now with Zeal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-09-30, 15:41

Hurr durr. God it's like people prioritize gimmicks over substance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulKaiser

avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-10-01, 01:09

Well I'm not trying to be "that guy" but at this point I'm happy I don't play VG irl.

Crappy players, expensive decks, and even of you invest all the time, money and effort into a big tourney scene you just get sacked or flooded by inbreds who play gimmicks for fun. The whole blooming idea is rotten and it'll get even worse once the release the crossrides and bomb the meta.I seriously admire the fortitude you men and women have to put up with this , if none of you make it to the top I swear there is no justice in this world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-10-01, 02:47

But you already are "that guy". And VG IRL is way better than any shit like byond. IRL players are better than byondscrubs and money is just part of this hobby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulKaiser

avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-10-01, 04:25

Dont get me wrong, I got mad respect for what all you ballers do out there in the world. But I guess with everyone talking all down about how the tournies suck and how Bushi screwed the meta, and how the prices are stupid and fluctuating, it can just be a bit hard to get hyped for the game ya know? It's just like, what's the point, know hat I'm saying? I mean, I'm not being some nihilist emo, I still have mad love for how well designed the game is and how dedicated you and others like you are to your craft but this is a 9 page thread on some of the worst card playing we've ever seen. We have an open petition pleading with Bushi to exorcise an entire type of card from the game. People are dropping three figures just to keep up. Seriously Alice, in all honesty, can you say from your mind and to the bottom of heart: Does it get better?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-10-01, 06:12

We'll just need to make it better ya emo. No point in giving up on something you love if there is still a chance. Bushi have proven time and time again that they are a very strong consumer-oriented company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epideme

avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-10-01, 09:40

I went to the Australian tournament and got shat on by two good players
who played great as far as I could see. The real tournament problem was
the format which was an echoed sentiment throughout the Melbourne
community at least.

The point of Vanguard is having fun playing
the goddamn game. I don't really see how prices are an issue because
you can just buy a box for trade material relatively easily. Also some
people are going to play bad or play "gimmicks", and by gimmicks I
assume you mean Gold Paladin since you constantly hump Alice's leg, for
fun which isn't really a bad thing. The fact that you're bitching about
getting sacked in a tournament shows that you don't play the game
enough. People WILL double crit you at 3 damage and people WILL heal at 6
some of the time. And some of the time a worse player will win a
tournament through luck instead of hard work and guts. I love this
extremely balanced and fun game that Bushi has brought us and you need
to stand the fuck up and enjoy the game.

Sorry for the rant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   2012-10-01, 11:29

Jesus christ SoulKaiser, ever think maybe card games are not the hobby for you? Because not only is this a regular experience, but it's worse for other games. What the hell else are you going to use? Byond? Shit RNG, shittiest playerbase, unreadable card thumbnails, lag like hell, ass design, and a terrible unintuitive system. Everything about it is worse than any of the IRL problems. Not using anything else? Find a new hobby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread
Back to top 
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Cardfight!! Vanguard :: News-
Jump to: