Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread

Go down 
+25
Traesive
CyprusWHM
WingZero
Kaji Motomiya
AstoXx
zawarudo
Pcyborg
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
corundum
meeb
veldrien
Dark5ide
Kotters
HugeMcLargeTall
PuppyCop
FBZyphere0101
Epideme
smellmybox
MechaCrash
Klaus
SoulKaiser
HerO
Wolfen
Alice
3XXXDDD
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-01, 17:00

I mean, I love the IDEA of card games. A fully customizable dynamic game, with a constantly shifting game environment and endless possibilities for personalized play, but I guess it's like Communism. a good idea on paper, but people fuck it up. But its cool, I'm perfectly satisfied with playing for free with online stuff like OCTGN and DN and surfing blogs and wiki for fun. I dont know if that makes me a "casual' but I think everyone should enjoy the game in the way it works best for them.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-02, 14:32

Australia statistics up!
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-02, 15:27

3XXXDDD wrote:
Australia statistics up!
>Gold Paladin
of course...

>Narukami
of course...

>Spike Brothers
of cou-- WHAT
Back to top Go down
Wolfen
Wolfen

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-03, 01:43

Spike Brothers - getting big it would seem, at least overseas.

Of note - the Tsukuyomi player who took second is only running 4 G3 - Tsukuyomi herself. 14 G2 with 4 toms, 4 G2 Tsuku, 4 Red eye and 2 Mocha, 15 G1's with the normal lineup of gemini, tsuku and chocolat, plus 2 Vanilla (guards for 10k if you have 6+ OTT in soul) and 1 circle magus... then 8 crit, 4 heal, 4 STAND... I am so perplexed at this deck as a whole...

The Narukami deck isn't equally as weird, but still, some of those decisions... I just don't comprehend their reasons.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-03, 07:08

Philippines Statistics up.

That's quite a bit of Angel Feather o.O
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-03, 11:08

Wolfen wrote:

Of note - the Tsukuyomi player who took second is only running 4 G3 - Tsukuyomi herself. 14 G2 with 4 toms, 4 G2 Tsuku, 4 Red eye and 2 Mocha, 15 G1's with the normal lineup of gemini, tsuku and chocolat, plus 2 Vanilla (guards for 10k if you have 6+ OTT in soul) and 1 circle magus... then 8 crit, 4 heal, 4 STAND... I am so perplexed at this deck as a whole...

The Narukami deck isn't equally as weird, but still, some of those decisions... I just don't comprehend their reasons.

We've known for a while that deck build somehow works due to Japan. I still say play it safe with 4 CEO 3 Full Moon
Back to top Go down
Wolfen
Wolfen

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-04, 02:13

Alice wrote:
Wolfen wrote:

We've known for a while that deck build somehow works due to Japan. I still say play it safe with 4 CEO 3 Full Moon

The rest of the deck is odd still, too... Battle Sister Vanilla, Mocha and stands...
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-04, 06:52

Possibly didn't want to run Draws in case he over-shot the stack. (Now the Narukami deck running Stands was weird).

Vanilla isn't bad, just an odd choice.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-04, 08:26

Reminds me of the "Odd Feeling" playstyle of Go. Very advant-garde. Any of you guys ever do Stands in OTT like that?
Back to top Go down
Wolfen
Wolfen

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-04, 17:46

3XXXDDD wrote:
Possibly didn't want to run Draws in case he over-shot the stack. (Now the Narukami deck running Stands was weird).

Vanilla isn't bad, just an odd choice.

Shouldn't be an issue with a well played deck - you know your draw check count, you simply count your draw checks so you know how many you have left in your deck as you near your stack. Keeping 4 different numbers in your head at once is... tricky at times, but completely doable. If you have two cards left before your stack, you know one of them is a draw trigger, you just adjust your play assuming BOTH are draw triggers to avoid issues.

The added speed in reaching your stack from extra draws outweighs something you can play around, I would think, but I can see a little validity in running it that way.

As for Narukami running stands as well... yeah, that's just odd =\

And vanilla strikes me as odd in a deck already running 16 checks with 10k shield - I could MAYBE see her in a deck with draw checks where extra guard would help, but that build shouldn't need it.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-05, 13:33

Well that is just the theory.

Anyway

GO GO KAJI!
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-05, 13:36

>just the theory
Please stop using this word wrong.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-05, 13:39

Alice wrote:
>just the theory
Please stop using this word wrong.

*Hypothesis. (Think that's the word?)

Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-05, 16:08

Okay, I feel this is slightly fucking worthy of some note.

European Championship format
Quote :
・3 rounds of swiss draw followed by Top 3 single elimination.
・The top 3 fighters after the final round of swiss draw will advance to the single elimination rounds.
・The top fighter after the final round of swiss draw will receive a first round bye in the single elimination round.
・The standing of fighters with the same record will be decided by opponent’s match win percentage. (i.e. fighters who played opponents with a better record will be ranked higher.)
・The swiss draw and single elimination rounds will be best 2 out of 3 .
・1 round is 50 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-05, 19:03

GLORIOUS EUROPE

HAIL.

Now we could spam double the number of rounds if they make it best of 1 and make a round 20 mins.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-05, 19:05

Alice wrote:
GLORIOUS EUROPE

HAIL.

Now we could spam double the number of rounds if they make it best of 1 and make a round 20 mins.

Note this is the Championship, not the Quallifiers, which I believe still go on the current shitty format of 1/1 Double Elimination.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-07, 03:48

NY/NJ T8 up
<.<
>.>
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-07, 08:14

France -
Gold paladin
Kagero
Gold paladin
Gold paladin
60% Gold paladin in the entire tournament
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-07, 11:44

Fuck's sake. Well it's sort of Legit since the lore of GP clearly shows some famous heroes from A Matter of France.
Back to top Go down
Wolfen
Wolfen

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-07, 18:01

So, count my deck every game, and buy brand new sleeves just before tournament... Check and check. Everyone NEEDS to make sure to do this, in case anyone missed the NY/NJ Qualifier thread (Assuming people might pass it over.)
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-07, 18:11

Wolfen wrote:
So, count my deck every game, and buy brand new sleeves just before tournament... Check and check. Everyone NEEDS to make sure to do this, in case anyone missed the NY/NJ Qualifier thread (Assuming people might pass it over.)
THIS. I already planned on it. Buy brand new sleeves for the event and count my cards every single game.
Back to top Go down
Wolfen
Wolfen

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-07, 18:11

Alice wrote:
Wolfen wrote:
THIS. I already planned on it. Buy brand new sleeves for the event and count my cards every single game.
Before AND After each game to make sure that someone didn't slip one of your cards away.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-08, 01:44

That should probably be a global announcement or a " How to Tournament " article.
Back to top Go down
Wolfen
Wolfen

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-08, 02:17

Well before something like that is posted, it should be discussed what all of the 'What to do / not to do about a tournament' - A list of things to do before tournament (Eat a good breakfast, sleep well - don't stay up all night practicing, buy a pack of brand new sleeves, ;eave any extra items you will NOT need at home / locked in your hotel room) At a tournament (Relax between rounds, deck count before and after each round, keep an eye on any things you had to bring with at all times) And things you should do during any major breaks or after the tournament (Make sure to keep hydrated and fed, etc...too tired to think of anything more)
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty2012-10-08, 07:00

MALAYSIA TOP 4

1st Nova Grappler
2nd Gold Paladin
3rd Gold Paladin
4th Narukami
5th-8th Naru, 2 GP, Kagero

Alice was just saying NG don't get enough publicity the other day in IRC.

Malaysia though, it might be one of those areas with all the good players playing Japanese.

Check out the fancy graph!
Quote :
We've received comments on Facebook that it seemed like we had copied and pasted the graphs for each qualifiers. So, here's a new graph! We hope that you'll like it. =]
WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 311108_376076412468185_2121011568_n
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next