Share | 

BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-18, 08:55

So Amaterasu seems to be LB4CB2 On-Hit, Search a Card to your hand from deck. Pretty cool skill, doubt I'd ever see it going off it had to hit the Vanguard however this skill being something threatening can help prevent OTTs from getting rushed in fear of it.

Anyway, Battle Sisters, Cookie & Cream. Some believe them to be the generic Limit Breaker and personal booster because they reached 21000. Hopefully we can see this in here somewhere because I'd personally enjoy a useful and viable Battle Sister deck. Not a worse version of Coco.

Last edited by 3XXXDDD on 2012-11-19, 08:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-19, 00:40

Stop using retard-speak like "tutor". It's search.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epideme

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-19, 00:50

Alice wrote:

"Stop using words I don't like"

Fixed that for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-19, 03:09

/spawn popcorn

Proceed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-19, 08:00

Alice wrote:

Search is too long to spell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-19, 10:32

The Blood's skill is rumoured to be revealed on the 26th. You excited?

Probably not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-19, 12:21

>Your face when Exculpate the Blaster stole THE BLOOD's skill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-19, 12:40

I just want my Pale Moon already!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-19, 14:50

Pale Moon Crossride? :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-20, 06:48

GUUUUUUUUYS BIG NEWS

Apparently that Spectral Duke Crossride was not in fact a Spectral Duke Crossride at all!

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Convicting_Dragon,_Chrome_Jailer_Dragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-20, 07:13

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH. So basically all the people who wasted money on Duke will now regret it. Bushiroad done fucked up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-20, 10:52

Bear in mind that Majesty Lord Blaster was base 10k as well.

And honestly, those people probably should. Not to besmirch competitive english Vanguard or anything but Spectral is really not the strongest available GP deck, imho, just the most explosive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Biorhythm

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-20, 11:09

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo wrote:
GUUUUUUUUYS BIG NEWS

Apparently that Spectral Duke Crossride was not in fact a Spectral Duke Crossride at all!

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Convicting_Dragon,_Chrome_Jailer_Dragon

OMG my sanity has returned!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-20, 11:45

Well, you know, looking at it now, this makes a little more sense. This "Jailer Dragon" doesn't look so much like Duke himself, but rather another Abyss Dragon member of the Black Horse Corp. Although there is little doubt in my mind that he supports SDD somehow, but at least it's not another GP Crossride.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-20, 11:47

>Returned
>Platinum Wang still exists
>All the other CRs still exist

Clearly, you are meant for the Lovecraft universe.

Scarlet I wouldn't even call it the most explosive. Tons of other decks can do what it does and sometimes even better. Duke's chain is only a 1/3 chance so it's either sacky or a one-trick pony. A decent trick, but one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-20, 12:58

Um, am I being insulted? I can't even tell if she's talking to me, because it doesn't make sense if she is. I was just looking at the bright side. Key words from me: AT LEAST. It could be worse, but why dwell on that more than we have to. Don't get me wrong, I know there is a problem, but being mopey and depressed doesn't solve it, so why torture myself? I realize Platinum Ezel and the other Crossrides still exist, I'm just somewhat glad that at least GP didn't get a double portion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-20, 13:38

Alice wrote:
>Returned
>Platinum Wang still exists
>All the other CRs still exist

Clearly, you are meant for the Lovecraft universe.

Scarlet I wouldn't even call it the most explosive. Tons of other decks can do what it does and sometimes even better. Duke's chain is only a 1/3 chance so it's either sacky or a one-trick pony. A decent trick, but one.

See caveat "Gold Paladin" deck- I'm not referring to the game as a whole, Doreen/Abyss decks have more impressive Final Turns than Spectral if I'm being perfectly honest. When Spectral explodes, it explodes in such a way that it can theoretically put you in a position where a single rear guard call turned into three separate calls. That's enough on its own, but when you factor in the possibility of Garmore as an alt-ride and the fact that you can trade cards in for tempo at pretty much any point after four damage, you can really do a lot with the deck. Plus it's just one of those delightfully fun builds to pilot because when you do get the chain off, it feels explosive. It's very much an adrenaline build.

Also for the sake of clarity, when I say "explosive" I'm not referring so much to the exact net numerical gain as your potential to gain. If you ride Garmore, counter blast two, and superior call Dindrane from the deck you get a net gain of +2 (+1 if you decide to count the ride as a minus), which gets you pretty near the amount of cards a successful Duke ride chain will net you. The difference is that Duke continuously scales the field so while you have a good chance of checking into crap, you also have a chance of checking into awesome or at least better than what you currently had in play- particularly if you used a draw trigger as fodder early into the game. Garmore into Dindrane gets you one Dindrane, and one card added to the hand, exactly. The latter is the stronger play because it's more consistent and I'm honestly surprised that a handful of the top GP decks apparently noticed that combo, but the former is really flying-by-the-seat-of-your-pants explosive whenever it goes off because while you have a chance of your earnings being sub-par, you also have a chance of winning really big. It's risk/reward vs. consistency, and I'm actually kind of surprised that a lot of people in competitive Vanguard are gravitating towards the former.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
meeb

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-20, 13:57

Can you ever make a point in less than 20 fucking paragraphs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-20, 14:12

No.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-20, 14:44

Lockon Stratos wrote:
Um, am I being insulted? I can't even tell if she's talking to me, because it doesn't make sense if she is. I was just looking at the bright side. Key words from me: AT LEAST. It could be worse, but why dwell on that more than we have to. Don't get me wrong, I know there is a problem, but being mopey and depressed doesn't solve it, so why torture myself? I realize Platinum Ezel and the other Crossrides still exist, I'm just somewhat glad that at least GP didn't get a double portion.
No that was a compliment.

THIS is an insult:

ScarletWeather wrote:
See caveat "Gold Paladin" deck- I'm not referring to the game as a whole, Doreen/Abyss decks have more impressive Final Turns than Spectral if I'm being perfectly honest. When Spectral explodes, it explodes in such a way that it can theoretically put you in a position where a single rear guard call turned into three separate calls. That's enough on its own, but when you factor in the possibility of Garmore as an alt-ride and the fact that you can trade cards in for tempo at pretty much any point after four damage, you can really do a lot with the deck. Plus it's just one of those delightfully fun builds to pilot because when you do get the chain off, it feels explosive. It's very much an adrenaline build.

Also for the sake of clarity, when I say "explosive" I'm not referring so much to the exact net numerical gain as your potential to gain. If you ride Garmore, counter blast two, and superior call Dindrane from the deck you get a net gain of +2 (+1 if you decide to count the ride as a minus), which gets you pretty near the amount of cards a successful Duke ride chain will net you. The difference is that Duke continuously scales the field so while you have a good chance of checking into crap, you also have a chance of checking into awesome or at least better than what you currently had in play- particularly if you used a draw trigger as fodder early into the game. Garmore into Dindrane gets you one Dindrane, and one card added to the hand, exactly. The latter is the stronger play because it's more consistent and I'm honestly surprised that a handful of the top GP decks apparently noticed that combo, but the former is really flying-by-the-seat-of-your-pants explosive whenever it goes off because while you have a chance of your earnings being sub-par, you also have a chance of winning really big. It's risk/reward vs. consistency, and I'm actually kind of surprised that a lot of people in competitive Vanguard are gravitating towards the former.

"He can compress the most words into the smallest ideas of any man I ever met" --Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-20, 14:48

As much as I wish I had a witty response for that, it's entirely true. After all, most of those two paragraphs was spent agreeing with you.

About the only thing we differed on was the use of the word "explosive", as far as I can tell. And even that you've hilariously opted not to clarify your position on, and just gone for the cheapshot route.

Stay classy, V-Mundi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-20, 15:03

Ok... I'm just going to figure out the Lovecraft comment, as that's what really confused me. I'm not familiar with his work, I believe he is the guy behind the Cthulu thing and from what I heard I'm not sure if I like the idea of me being meant for that universe. That universe frightens me, as I like being able to know who the bad guys are so I can fight back somehow. Yeah, I'm a nut for good old Good vs. Evil, Black and White, Right and Wrong. It's what I grew up on, and I love it. (Note, I'm just talking about the concepts. I'm cool with complicated character motivations... Why am I still talking offtopic?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-20, 15:08

Jesus christ Scarlet, it was a joke. Calm down. You guys are all so high strung today.
I know you're agreeing, that's why I didn't bother to "address" it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3XXXDDD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-20, 15:17

So I've heard this idea that this Chrome dude is somehow related to Bors, both being "of Conviction" and stuff.

I've also heard it's a possible incarnation of Kalehedin's brother Hoel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zawarudo

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-20, 16:35

What's a SDD? Sexually Damaging Disease?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   

Back to top Go down

BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Cardfight!! Vanguard :: News-
Jump to: