Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An apology and thanks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

An apology and thanks Empty
PostSubject: An apology and thanks   An apology and thanks Empty2012-09-22, 22:10

I thought about for sometime and I finally decided to post this. Yeah, first of all, please forgive me for putting up this thread here for no apparent reason. It's because I'm not sure whether is it right to put this topic in the General column or not. I just want to say that I owe my apologies to Alice and the community here. I really have the urge to do so. These are my reasons:

1. Sorry for trying to convince everyone here to follow my ideology of not maxing out Null guards in every deck and/or not to include vanillas in my decks. But I realise my mistakes and believe everyone should stick their own play styles. Yeah, there are no right or wrong for (not) maxing out Null Guards. I can choose not to run 4 of these if I really feel it's too much for me to accept as long as I play the game right. (And of course, I learn how to appreciate vanillas more and tend to put them into my decks.)

2.You all can blame me for my use of language. English is not my mother language, and I suck at it. I also discovered that I tend to cause misunderstandings or even misunderstand sometimes. As I am not living in US (which I believe majority of you live in), it can be difficult for me to understand your language or another way round.

3.Finally, sorry for being such a noob in the past. I give wrong advices most of the time. That is when I started to study more about the game trying to learn about its essence and the flow and study top players' decks while I was preparing for my essay about TCGs in school.

There were a few times I wanted to quit this forum. I failed because I become too attached to here arguing lol. I wish to stay here and try to be as neutral as possible. And a big thanks for those who raed this.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: An apology and thanks   An apology and thanks Empty2012-09-22, 22:25

Failing to quit VMundi is the evidence that someone isn't a noob. Stupidity doesn't last long in this environment.
Back to top Go down
Skithiryx

Skithiryx

PostSubject: Re: An apology and thanks   An apology and thanks Empty2012-09-22, 22:32

What alice says is true, and you clearly seem to get why all of these things happened, which is even better. Thats more then i can say about the last few people who we've all had problems here with and i'm glad you turned out to be above them. It would've been a shame to have lost such a great name on the forums, and i hope you come around the IRC every once and awhile, if you feel you're up to it.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: An apology and thanks   An apology and thanks Empty2012-09-22, 22:39

While I wasn't here for whatever happened, I feel like I understand where you're coming from. Initially I was put off from this place due to what I had perceived as general aggression but is more often than not strong-worded criticism. I decided to fix that and come here and do as you're doing now. That is, toughening up, becoming willing to view that so-called aggression for what it really is (criticism) and using that to improve myself.

People here are tough because they care, because CHAMPIONS need to and are tough. Willing to accept criticism without jumping to cries of "you're attacking me, you're attacking me" or at least relaxing afterwards and admitting that you were wrong or took criticism as a personal matter more than anything.

So in essence, Good Jorb.

(Also what Alice said).
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: An apology and thanks   An apology and thanks Empty2012-09-23, 00:01

Realove bro, gotta drop the deuces for for hella rella skilz for real shizzle mang.

(Oh come on, at least it wanst an all caps Champions :P)
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: An apology and thanks   An apology and thanks Empty2012-09-23, 08:11

I'm actually happy you decided to stick around. The slogan isn't "Vanguard for Mollycoddlers", it's Vanguard for the Advanced. And when you're aiming to be really skilled, it doesn't help to just have a happy hugbox environment where no one's feelings are allowed to get hurt and everyone has to be nice and never criticize. No one ever got better by sitting still. I saw that as a huge problem in Vanguard communities before I made VMundi.

Yeah 3XXXDDD, I think most people are so used to the hugbox environment that any thing else comes as a culture shock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An apology and thanks   An apology and thanks Empty

Back to top Go down

An apology and thanks
Page 1 of 1