Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cray Online

Go down 
+9
ShinkenRed
CyprusWHM
meeb
Lockon Stratos
ScarletWeather
Klaus
Alice
Traesive
3XXXDDD
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-04, 11:00

Last edited by 3XXXDDD on 2013-01-29, 15:13; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-04, 14:46

Looks great! Finally some OCG systems coming out that are better than Byond by a long shot.
Though, it seems like quite a few cards are missing for now. Like Gold Paladins, Narukamis, some Kagero cards, etc.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-04, 14:48

This one has a much better interface. What was this created in? I'd like to know what kind of RNG we're looking at.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-04, 15:43

Nice. Reminds me of Cockatrice for MtG.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-04, 15:52

Alice wrote:
This one has a much better interface. What was this created in? I'd like to know what kind of RNG we're looking at.

It seems to be Python from one of the things I opened that mentioned it.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-04, 16:13

Fuck yeah default Fisher-Yates!
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-04, 16:56

Problem Solved!
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-05, 09:27

It only has 131 cards that's not even two set worth of cards~

Needs some updatin'
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-05, 10:56

Is the shuffler at all a problem?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-05, 17:15

ScarletWeather wrote:
Is the shuffler at all a problem?
Shouldn't be since the Fisher-Yates algorithm is generally accepted as the best and it's used by Python which this is written in.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-08, 11:20

Updated with Information.

Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-08, 13:56

Ok, could someone translate for the computer retard? As in, does "extract"="open" or is it another command entirely? Basically, could I have the instructions broken down further? You know, as if to a COMPLETELY hopeless tech retard.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-08, 14:10

Some files are zipped, you right click on the file and click "extract files" here.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-08, 14:19

Hey, now I can actually make a deck on there.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-08, 19:20

Yaaaay, I can finally make my decks that does not have anything from extra boosters or promos~
Now all we need is a VMundi server we can connect to c:
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-10, 09:11

Well ladies & gentleman, it has been completely updated! Not one card missing~
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-10, 11:45

Would anyone care to test Tunngle out with me and see if we have a server working?

http://www.tunngle.net/index.php?l=en&pg=downloads
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-10, 13:52

I'd help if Tunngle wouldn't fail to download the installation packages less than half way through.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-12, 00:52

Okay this application is terrifyingly bad. Here's a list of absolute must-fixes before I even boot up this app one more time:

• Deck creation requires you to know the cards by name and has no sorting options or filters like clan/trigger/nation/grade. Ew
  • This was clearly not designed for Vanguard. It's missing the guard zone, trigger zone and bind zone entirely for one
  • There are no "drive/damage check" macros. For drive checking you simply reveal+draw and then your card is stuck turned the other way until you shuffle your hand. How fucking dumb
  • There is no damage check. You have to draw+reveal, then send to the damage zone.
  • There is no damage flipping. You "mark" the damage instead and your opponent doesn't see a message that you did it. So they have to check every time you look at your damage zone
  • That's another thing. You have to manually look into the DZ to see how much damage you have. It's not laid out for you. Hell, there's not even a number counter
  • It's slow as shit at buffering images. I know this is Python but god DAMN. This would be bearable if it was the only problem.
  • Riding is the most cumbersome and mal-intuitive thing ever. You have to manually drag your current vanguard to the "soul" "button", then drag the card you want to ride on the now-empty vanguard circle. Howafuckingbout: an auto-soul feature like byond and vanguard master
  • Everything is action command. You have to open the context menu for every action instead of just fucking dragging shit around
  • Good luck trying to use any of the rank 2 or 3 ride chains
  • There's this huge as fuck empty space on the field where your full player hand can go instead of being half a card visible to you. In fact, howabout a goddamn guard zone there
  • Since the trigger zone is missing, naturally the drop zone is incorrectly above the deck which would teach new players to get DQ'd at tournaments
  • The "full screen" feature just puts the tiny window in your upper left and pads out the screen with empty GUI space
  • Simple intuitive actions like double clicking a facedown card to flip it aren't present at all. Double click to draw makes no sense when that should be "search deck"
  • Has no "draw opening hand" macro. Would be nice to also have a "mark for mulligan" macro like Vanguard Master
  • You can tell that the code physically loads the large picture of a card for every card thumbnail but resizes it. This is a horrendous waste of memory and should be creating temp images that are smaller from the larger source image in some cache.
  • Simply dragging to call/ride should do just that. We don't need a list like call/ride, set, guard. There is no fucking setting in Vanguard anyway and the guard zone should EXIST. Therefore dragging itself should automatically call/ride.

And I'm sure I'll think of more debilitating problems with this program.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-12, 01:01

Yeah, playing with a friend the issues became more and more apparent. Also a little annoying thing I discovered was while clicking and dragging if you drag over another card it'll stop dragging or sometimes start dragging the card you passed over.

Tested it as well if it was my mouse or something being shitty.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-12, 07:40

Just a note, there is actually an advanced search engine, it's just stupid hard to find. You click on the magnifying glass, then there's this box with "Any" click on the arrow and then just under the arrow there is this tiny scroll bar, so click on that and then go down to "Normal Unit" and you've opened a search engine.

The guy's a beginner in Python, so he's just editing it to suit Vanguard. It's not perfect but it's a start.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-12, 10:58

I'm glad Alice mentioned every single major issue I had.

One really minor issue though: Sound effects. I know it is dumb, but even a tiny bit of sound for drawing, calling, riding, etc... would liven things up. It is the one thing that makes BYOND even somewhat tolerable.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-12, 23:11

3XXXDDD wrote:
Just a note, there is actually an advanced search engine, it's just stupid hard to find. You click on the magnifying glass, then there's this box with "Any" click on the arrow and then just under the arrow there is this tiny scroll bar, so click on that and then go down to "Normal Unit" and you've opened a search engine.

The guy's a beginner in Python, so he's just editing it to suit Vanguard. It's not perfect but it's a start.

I can sympathize with him being a beginner because I am too. Thankfully, I have the source code and can see about fixing some of this.
Back to top Go down
CyprusWHM

CyprusWHM

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-13, 10:39

Sorry if this seems like an obvious question, but with that overwhelming list of flaws, is there any reason to even attempt to use/improve this over the Byond game? I know that's not perfect either, but at least seems infinitely better.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty2012-11-13, 11:01

Attempt to use? Hell no
Attempt to improve? Hell yes. Byond is dogshit. This at least has potential especially since it's actually written in a real codebase and not babby's first shitty game maker with terribad netcode and tiny little stupid thumbnails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cray Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cray Online   Cray Online Empty

Back to top Go down

Cray Online
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Cardfight!! Vanguard :: News-
Jump to: