Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Set 8

Go down 
+7
Hunter Serge
HerO
ShinkenRed
Aloh'nan'el
Klaus
mastermune
Alice
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice
Admin
Alice

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-06-06, 18:26

Set 8 Bt08

I made the prediction and I was RIGHT. I guessed that Set 8 would expand on these clans:
  • Tachikaze -- Only one build, and doesn't even have the vanillas that other clans get
  • Neo Nectar -- Worst clan in the game. Has almost no ability to keep up and only one terrible build
  • Dimension Police -- One terrible build that barely works
  • Great Nature -- Despite being released soon, they only announced enough cards for one GOOD build and they won't be able to keep up if they don't get support.
  • Narukami -- Unlike Gold Paladins who get support in EB03, Narukami are lackluster and left with practically a half-deck
  • Aqua Force -- New clan which was announced in TD07 so I assumed it'd be in BT08

I was right!

Releasing 22nd of September. That means after Set 7 (July), Set 3 (Aug), Set 8 (Sept), there's only 1 more non-holiday month and that should go to Set 4 (Oct). I will be so happy if we have to wait until 2013 for Set 5 since Crossrides break the game.
Back to top Go down
mastermune

mastermune

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-06-06, 20:41

I've been interested in the Dimension Police since day one for the motif of the cards (superheroes and Super Robots) I don't have any Idea how they work so can you tell me why are they terrible so far? How exactly do they work?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-06-07, 00:48

Power up the vanguard and use it as much as possible. But their support is TERRIBLE. They need 2/3 sets of crit triggers just to function.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-06-07, 03:06

I'm just happy to see Pale Moon coming out rather soon, lol.

But yeah, many clans do need a helping hand to catch up with the rest.
Back to top Go down
Aloh'nan'el

Aloh'nan'el

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-06-07, 19:35

Hopefully we'll see Neo-Nectar coming into its own with ways to Stand its calls or at least call interceptors with more consistency.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-06-07, 20:44

What they actually need to do is give Neo Nectar a THING. It has no "thing" that it does yet. The tagging shit is laughably bad and the rest of the cards are just copied from other random clans.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-07-01, 15:34

Alice wrote:
Power up the vanguard and use it as much as possible. But their support is TERRIBLE. They need 2/3 sets of crit triggers just to function.

That's the case for Enigman Storm & Daiyuusha build. However, it's the different story when you play Enigman Rain build. Fortunately, Dimension Police have 2 set of Stand Triggers and it makes Rain Deck a cheaper but possibly a more powerful build than Storm's/Daiyuusha's. Too bad DP don't have Superior Interceptors and skills such as Counter Blast and Soul Blast to use as the clan focuses heavily on their potentials and power-ups.

Trust me, you would feel pressurised when your opponent has Rain as VG, a couple of Miracle Beauties and Commander Laurel as RG. And Glory Maker as a RG 'Limit Breaker'.

(P.S: By the way, I'm a DP player for half a year already.)
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-07-04, 09:52

I'm really not impressed by Enigman Rain. They're going to have to release some serious support for her before I bother with more tests.
Back to top Go down
HerO

HerO

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-07-23, 02:08

inb4 Tachikaze tier 1.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-07-23, 02:11

Fucking want.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Serge

Hunter Serge

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-07-24, 23:36

First BT08 card. =O ...And it's one of those crappy G3 search starters. Well, not completely confirmed, since it isn't translated yet and I can't read Japanese, but it's practically garunteed. I will edit this post with the actual translation once it's up on Vanguard Rider.

-Serge
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-07-25, 05:28

I already translated it. It was easy as hell
>Go to Vanguard Rider
>Find G3 searcher
>Match every kana
>100% match

Yeah, it is.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Serge

Hunter Serge

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-07-25, 08:50

Many, many BT08 cards revealed. I will be editing this post with the translations right after posting it.

Quote :
AQUA FORCE

Hydro Hurricane Dragon
Grade 3/10000 Power/No Shield
ACT[V]: Limit Break 4: [Counter Blast 2] For that turn, this Unit gets +3000 Power, and gets "AUTO[V]: When this unit's attack hits a Vanguard, if the number of battles that turn is 4 or more, retire all of your opponent's Rearguards."
AUTO[V]: When this Unit attacks a Vanguard, for that battle, this unit gets +3000 Power.

Stormrider, Diamantes
Grade 3/9000 Power/No Shield
AUTO[R]: When this unit attacks a Vanguard, if you have an <<Aqua Force>> Vanguard, if the number of attacks this turn is one, this unit may get +2000 Power. If it does, at the beginning of the Close Step of that battle, this unit may swap positions with another <<Aqua Force>> Rearguard in the same column.

Stormrider, Bashir
Grade 2/8000 Power/5000 Shield
AUTO[R]: When this unit attacks a Vanguard, if you have an <<Aqua Force>> Vanguard, if the number of battles that turn is 1, this unit may get +2000 Power. If it does, at the beginning of the Close Step of that battle, this unit may swap positions with another <<Aqua Force>> Rearguard in the same column.

Quote :
DIMENSION POLICE

Ultimate Dimensional Robo, Great Daiyuusha
Grade 3/11000 Power/No Shield
CONT[V]: During your turn, if you have 3 or more "Dimensional Robo" units in your Soul, this unit gets +2000 Power and +1 Critical.
CONT[V/R]: When you have a non-<<Dimension Police>> Vanguard or Rearguard, this unit gets -2000 Power.
CONT[V]: If you have a "Super Dimensional Robo, Daiyuusha" in your Soul, this unit gets +2000 Power.

Enigman Cyclone
Grade 3/10000 Power/No Shield
AUTO [V]: At the beginning of the Attack Step, if this unit has 14000 or more Power, until the end of the battle, this unit gets: "AUTO[V]: When unit's attack hits a Vanguard, select 1 of your opponent's Rearguards, retire it."

Dimensional Robo, Daidragon
Grade 2/9000 Power/5000 Shield
AUTO[R]: When this unit attacks, if you have a "Dimensional Robo" Vanguard, for that battle, this unit gets +3000 Power.

Dimensional Robo, Daimariner
Grade 1/7000 Power/5000 Shield
ACT[Soul]: [Send this unit to the Drop Zone] Select 1 of your <<Dimension Police>> Vanguards, for that turn, it gets +3000 Power.

Dimensional Robo, Dailander
Grade 1/6000 Power/5000 Shield
AUTO: [Counterblast 1] When this unit is called to a Rearguard circle, you may pay the cost. If you do, select 1 of your "Dimensional Robo" units, it gets +4000 Power until the end of the turn.

Dimensional Robo, Daibattles
Grade 0/4000 Power/10000 Shield/Critical Trigger
ACT[Soul]: [Send this unit to the Drop Zone] Select 1 of your <<Dimension Police>> Vanguards, for that turn, it gets +3000 Power.

Dimensional Robo, Gouyuusha
Grade 0/5000 Power/10000 Shield
AUTO: When you Ride this unit with a <<Dimension Police>>, you may call this unit to a Rearguard circle.
ACT[R]: [Choose 4 units with "Dimensional Robo" in their name from your Rear-guard Circle, and put them into your soul] If you have a Grade 2 or higher <<Dimension Police>> Vanguard, search your deck for one Grade 3 unit with "Dimensional Robo" in it's name and Ride it. Shuffle your deck.

Daifighter of Destiny
Grade 0/4000 Power/10000 Shield
-Grade 3 Searching Starter-

Quote :
GREAT NATURE

Compass Lion
Grade 2/11000 Power/5000 Shield
AUTO[V/R]: During the End phase of a turn that this unit attacked, select 1 of your <<Great Nature>> Rearguards and retire it.

Blackboard Ohm
Grade 0/5000 Power/10000 Shield
AUTO: When you Ride this unit with a <<Great Natire>>, you may call this unit to a Rearguard circle.
ACT[R]: [Send this unit to Soul] Select 1 of your <<Great Nature>> Rearguards, for that turn, it gets, "AUTO: If this unit is sent from the Rearguard circle to the Drop Zone during the End Phase, draw 1 card. "

-Serge

Last edited by Hunter Serge on 2012-07-25, 15:15; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-07-25, 13:09

It's up on Vanguard wiki. Though only some of the cards are revealed, I came out with a Daiyuusha Super Cross-Ride build. I want to test it asap but I have assignments.....
Back to top Go down
Hunter Serge

Hunter Serge

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-07-25, 13:35

ShinkenRed wrote:
It's up on Vanguard wiki. Though only some of the cards are revealed, I came out with a Daiyuusha Super Cross-Ride build. I want to test it asap but I have assignments.....
It wasn't up on wiki when I started making this post. Besides, wiki has it on a bunch of different pages. Having all the new stuff in one post is better for discussion.

-Serge
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-07-25, 14:06

Why does Goyusha have to suck terribly?
The only other slider is the typical "top 5 for a G3".

Ah well, at least Goyusha looks awesome, along with the other Dimensional Robos looking like parts of the new crossride.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-07-25, 20:43

Klaus wrote:
Why does Goyusha have to suck terribly?
The only other slider is the typical "top 5 for a G3".

Ah well, at least Goyusha looks awesome, along with the other Dimensional Robos looking like parts of the new crossride.

No, it doesn't suck. Just run at least 20 of the Dimensional Robo and you'll have a very high chance of superior ride or even superior cross-ride! This card is more kinda broken.

Just a side-note, Ultimate Daiyuusha & Glory Maker makes a Twin Limit Break column OMG!
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-07-25, 21:59

The problem is it's a huge minus to your field. You'll be eating up extra attacks and boosters, and to refill it you'll be dumping much of your hand.

I'd use it for the chance it would work, but it's not worth aiming for unless my hand is huge. Which doesn't happen for DP.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-07-25, 22:59

>Everyone talking about the minus

Yeah, minus to get a guaranteed crossride with perma +1 crit. In other words, the only balanced crossride in the game.

How is the minus even the first thing you think of? 13k defense means guarding for 5k in the English meta. That's going to easily make up for your minuses in the coming turns. Then when Late Game hits, you have permanent pressure that can't be stopped. If they get to 4 damage, they basically have to perfect guard every turn or lose.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-07-25, 23:01

I can see that, but guess DP just isn't my play style.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-08-22, 03:39

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Destruction_Dragon,_Dark_Rex

Pretty much an SDD effect for Tachikaze. Interesting at least.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-08-22, 07:20

Of all the things that could be said about this card, I have no idea how comparing it to SDD ends up being the thing you think of first.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-08-22, 08:51

He's talking about the 3-retire cost at the advantage of standing the Vanguard.

Except this card allows you to fully twin drive more like The End. You still don't get your booster like Stern. But at least you can choose to make up for the losses by counterblasting instead of retiring (Dragon Egg/Skyptero). If you CB:2 in this way, you'll make up the superior ride minus (happens when you bind) by twin driving. It's a nice wash-for-extra-attack.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-09-07, 05:05

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Arboros_Dragon,_Sephirot

Not too shabby an effect. Especially since the ridechain itself will fill the field with some copies. But having a couple Laurels out will be nice. Though I just see it was all my 7ks are now 10k boosters, lol.
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty2012-09-07, 05:53

I'm more impressed by the Aqua Force grade 3s. As a clan it seems like they're going to be pretty darn powerful, the Maelstrom build at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Set 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set 8   Set 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Set 8
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Cardfight!! Vanguard :: News-
Jump to: