Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012

Go down 
+2
Alice
ShinkenRed
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012 Empty
PostSubject: The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012   The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012 Empty2012-12-14, 03:31

The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012 9a999410
Note: This is just an award ceremony in Japan.
Vanguard just got into Trading Card Game Awards 2012 and they got 1st place in Overall Category!

I won't bother translating the description in the first half of the annoucement. So here's the list of results:

Quote :
Primary School Category:

Cardfight!! Vanguard (1st Prize Winner)
Yu-Gi-Oh! (Award Winner)
Duel Masters (Award Winner)

Secondary School Category:

Battle Spirits (1st Prize Winner)
Pokemon Trading Card Game (Award Winner)
Cardfight!! Vanguard (Award Winner)

High School Category:

Yu-Gi-Oh! (Award Winner)

University Category:

ZX (1st Prize Winner)
Magic: The Gathering (Award Winner)
Battle Spirits (Award Winner)

Adult Category:

Final Fantasy Trading Card Game (Award Winner)

Overall Category:

Cardfight!! Vanguard (1st Prize Winner)
Battle Spirits (Award Winner)
Final Fantasy Trading Card Game (Award Winner)

And finally, it is stated that 2933 people had voted in 12 - 25 October this year.
(P.S.: ZX is short form for 'Zillions of Enemy X'.)

Credits to Yimieji.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012   The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012 Empty2012-12-14, 03:41

Okay now I have to check out whatever this ZX and Battle Spirits stuff is.

But hooray Vanguard!
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

PostSubject: Re: The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012   The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012 Empty2012-12-14, 03:43

I am only not familiar with FFTCG and ZX. But I just found out that ZX is a new TCG that just released on 27th July this year.

And I was very surprised that WS and Chaos didn't get into the Adult Category.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012   The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012 Empty2012-12-14, 04:27

WS is a low quality pandering game though. Sorry, WS players, but that's what I think about it.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012   The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012 Empty2012-12-14, 06:58

Alice wrote:
Okay now I have to check out whatever this ZX and Battle Spirits stuff is.

But hooray Vanguard!

Battle Spirits is basically Duel Masters from what I hear.

ZX is one of those weird Grid-Games with Cards. I believe it's made by Broccoli and that it' s intended as a Print-and-play.

But yes, hooray Vanguard.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012   The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012 Empty2012-12-14, 07:11

I looked at Battle Spirits. Looks more like a convoluted MTG.
Back to top Go down
CyprusWHM

CyprusWHM

PostSubject: Re: The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012   The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012 Empty2012-12-14, 15:15

Well, I guess we should look into those other games since Vanguard is dead without MLB and DOTE decks. Amirite?
Back to top Go down
Shadowbane

Shadowbane

PostSubject: Re: The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012   The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012 Empty2012-12-14, 21:00

Alice wrote:
WS is a low quality pandering game though. Sorry, WS players, but that's what I think about it.

Meh, that's okay. Personally, I only even started because they released the English trial deck for Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Then later I decided to pick up two of the other, older series that I liked; Lucky Star and Nichijou. Now I just picked up Robotic;Notes, and DAYYYMMM the art is sweet. Not to mention the female lead is being voiced by Vanguard's Rekka.

Now back to topic: Yay Vanguard! I'm kinda surprised they had an award in everything except the university category. Weird...
Back to top Go down
NavyCherub

NavyCherub

PostSubject: Re: The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012   The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012 Empty2012-12-16, 03:19

I wonder if Battle Spirits is actually decent in Japan. When Bandai brought it over here it only lived a few sets and you essentially only needed cards from the first set to have the best deck in the game no matter what else they released, which is probably what killed it, or at least killed my interest (no reason to buy new cards ever).
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012   The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012 Empty2012-12-16, 10:50

NavyCherub wrote:
I wonder if Battle Spirits is actually decent in Japan. When Bandai brought it over here it only lived a few sets and you essentially only needed cards from the first set to have the best deck in the game no matter what else they released, which is probably what killed it, or at least killed my interest (no reason to buy new cards ever).
>Reverse power-creep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012   The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

The No.1 TCG in Japan 2012
Page 1 of 1