Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Discuss your locals

Go down 
+30
jman5x
Edalborez
3XXXDDD
seththecookiehunter
Nihckeuq
dehart68
TwinPsionic
Rider Kick
Nysonin609
The King of Hearts
Some Gamer Dude
Askandyr
Kirosnefakman
gettineggywithit
Gelatin
Starphoenix
LiighTning
Donkay
Smittons
CFSScott
Alice
Hunter Serge
WingZero
Tryston
ShinkenRed
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Chestnut_Rice
Featherine
Klaus
Traesive
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Traesive

Traesive

Discuss your locals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-15, 22:59

Well, Vanguard's not really popular in Canada (or at least in BC). Only time I see a large amount of Vanguard players are during tournaments. And even then, the Vanguard tournament at my locals is the smallest of all the tournaments they hold.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-16, 00:12

8?
Well, time to reconsider my definition of small.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-16, 00:15

>Eight is small

Try three; my brother, my best friend, and me.

Everyone else is in Wichita, which is the literal asshole of Kansas.
Back to top Go down
Featherine

Featherine

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-16, 00:21

Chestnut_Rice wrote:

WHERE IN CANADA. OH MAN. WHAT. ANGELS. I LOVE YOU. DUDE. WHAT. I- MAN. WOW. CAN WE MEET UP. OH GOD.

Chestnut, he's with me, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Chestnut_Rice

Chestnut_Rice

PostSubject: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-16, 00:58

Featherine wrote:
Chestnut_Rice wrote:

WHERE IN CANADA. OH MAN. WHAT. ANGELS. I LOVE YOU. DUDE. WHAT. I- MAN. WOW. CAN WE MEET UP. OH GOD.

Chestnut, he's with me, LOL.

Dang...

Klaus, I feel you. Having no body to play with is suffering.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-22, 08:40

Some dudes on my end started Project Asteroid to try and establish a big Vanguard community. It's quite hard though, since any potential players we could have are ignorant power-mongering Yu-Gi-Oh players who won't play a game 'based on luck'.

I have therefore made myself content with being one of the big fish (since I do know a bigger fish) in the pond of the few fighters we have.

Admittedly it does get a wee bit boring having to play the same people every week - except when there's a tournament so the number of people goes up from 2 to something like 8.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-22, 12:19

In Singapore, we have almost everything. We have Japanese, English and even Korean cards in almost every store. (Someday there will also be Chinese cards when they get released) Though I estimate that 70-80% of the players are playing J-meta. As Singapore is just a small island, we can discuss with one another for card deals and meet up in real life, instead of ebaying. So the cards can be cheaper very oftenly. And the E-meta players are the happiest as the English BTs get released here first before released internationally. There are some players who plays both J-meta and E-meta at the same time. Vanguard reached its peak of popularity around last year but now half of the community has sold all their decks and cards and kissed goodbye to our game.
There's just too many things I can write here but I gonna stop now.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-22, 17:32

DREAM WIZARDS SUCKS ASS!!!!
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-22, 18:14

Yeah my region is dead here in Niagara Falls Canada. Theres like... 6-10 people. I'm trying to get more people interested but its hard to because the "second best" player at our locals is an ignorant douche(Yes Canada has these).

He plays Tsuku, I rape him because he misplays like a mother fucker, I try to give him tips but he just ignores me or tells me I'm wrong because I don't play Tsuku myself... or other things that I won't get into.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Serge

Hunter Serge

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-22, 19:48

My locals up here in Oshawa Canada are is growing at a steady rate, and has remained healthy, IMO. We have 15+, but not many of them regularly show.
Last 3 weeks, we've managed to actually have 8 people per tournament, and there often seems to be people around who are considering taking up Vanguard.

I try to do my part to help the community grow, offering to let new players borrow my Tachikaze deck, or giving new players cards that they need for free or in a trade that rips me off. xD

Fortunately, not much in the way of arrogant players or jerks in our community, and they're generally rather accepting of advice. The people who were arrogant players or jerks stopped coming out quite some time ago.

-Serge
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-22, 20:35

Unfortunately like I said, theres a major skill gap between me (Gap) Tsuku (Gap) The Rest. I'd love to tell this Tsuku guy to go fuck himself, but that wouldnt be very nice now would it?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-23, 00:15

Basically I run circles around everyone local to me. Now I haven't checked in several months so maybe someone has stepped up their game, but I won't know until I get Stern and take it down there.
Back to top Go down
CFSScott

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-23, 01:33

My locals is filled with idiots... and me... that's pretty much all there is to it o_0
Maybe I should start going to locals for, pretty much, free prizes...
Back to top Go down
Smittons

Smittons

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-23, 02:34

My "locals" are something like 2 hours away and I doubt they play Vanguard.
Thus, the only logical choice is to open my own store and effectively remove all chance to have fun from my life.
Back to top Go down
Chestnut_Rice

Chestnut_Rice

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-23, 03:41

Quote :
Golden Mod Powers, Alice: The THREAD-SPLITTER

12999 power, TRIPLE DRIVE!!!

ACT: [Click button] When you see a thread getting de-railed, you may pay the cost. If you have a "Moderators" Vanguard, you may tidy up forum.

I never go to tournaments. Mainly because I don't have time when they run them on Saturday afternoon, but I also hear horror stories of people stacking 16 crits with GP, running Ji ENDO, etc.

I never seem to run in to these people when I come on other days though. Maybe because they're just there to cheat and pick up the basically free packs, idk. There's usually maybe like 3 or 4 people hanging about, playing a game or two after classes. Generally quite agreeable. There are the expected YGO autists but we also have quite a few female players, which is weird.
Back to top Go down
Featherine

Featherine

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-23, 20:26

Cardfight Vanguard was pretty well received here for Brampton, there's a store that holds tournaments throughout the week, one is a two dollar tournament for in store credit, the other a selected card (I got and Alfred through this) and the last one is a box tournament (Whooping ten dollars, my wallet hurts).

Rarely anybody goes for the Card Tournament and Store Credit tournaments, maybe 10 people at most, but whenever it's the box tournament we're going to have at least 15 people participating.

Chestnut_Rice wrote:

people stacking 16 crits with GP, running Ji ENDO, etc.
All English format here, which is good, I don't want to tell you what happened to me when I let MLB be used by an acquaintance.

The Facebook group that the store has 69 members, that's actually a lot of people who play living near each other.

Large range of decks being used, only time where it GOLD MADNESS was after Regionals.
Back to top Go down
Chestnut_Rice

Chestnut_Rice

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-23, 20:37

Previous time I went and probably the last time I will go, the Saturday tourney rules were determined by player input. We ended up playing all-cards-are-legal Standard Fight Rules.

Around 150 people have "liked" our store's Facebook page.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-23, 20:42

Our store has 212 Likes... mostly YGO
Back to top Go down
Donkay

Donkay

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-23, 20:44

WingZero wrote:

Our store has a Facebook group for Vanguard, and one for Yu-Gi-Oh, so we know exactly how many people play Vanguard over here.
It seems like it's messy for your group, asking for trades from different card games in the same group.
Back to top Go down
Featherine

Featherine

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-23, 20:50

Donkay wrote:

Our store has a facebook group for Vanguard, and one for Yu-Gi-Oh, so we know exactly how many people play Vanguard over here.
It seems like it's messy for your group, asking for trades from different card games in the same group.

Along with that, there's like 3 different teams that upload they're Deck Profiles and all the sorts.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-23, 21:19

You couldn't pay me to join a facebook group.
Back to top Go down
Featherine

Featherine

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-23, 21:24

Alice wrote:
You couldn't pay me to join a facebook group.

Facebook is a dangerous place.
Back to top Go down
LiighTning

LiighTning

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-23, 21:26

Donkay wrote:
WingZero wrote:

Our store has a Facebook group for Vanguard, and one for Yu-Gi-Oh, so we know exactly how many people play Vanguard over here.

Its messy even in our group. Though I am glad that the TCGs were split up. It would be horrendous if it was.
Back to top Go down
Starphoenix

Starphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-24, 00:36

2 stores I go to over the course of a month. Both are 5 dollar tournaments, both are about 20 minutes away, both average about 10 or so people (though one of them has picked up more recently).

Deck variety for both is pretty good. I've seen the gamut run, from Royal Paladins, Gold Paladins (one with 12 draw), Shadow Paladins, Kagero, Narukami, Nova Grapplers, Oracle Think Tank, Pale Moon, Spike Brothers, Bermuda Triangle, Granblue, hell, even Tachikaze at one point.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty2013-01-25, 09:49

With me it's Dark Irregulars and Shadow Paladins. I'm pretty much the ONLY deviant, running Stern (which people CLAIM sucks).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your locals   Discuss your locals Empty

Back to top Go down

Discuss your locals
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: