Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Player Looking For Advice

Go down 
+7
Rider Kick
3XXXDDD
Alice
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Epideme
Jabberwock
metro85
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
metro85

metro85

New Player Looking For Advice Empty
PostSubject: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 03:29

Hello i would first like to state i started playing vangaurd with in the last year and quickly became the best in my shop, other then then that im know im still pretty bad and dont really have great deck builds (mostly going with ones from this site and others/ my own crazyness)

Im located in canada just outside toronto and really looking for help and advice to be a step up in the game, i really dont have TOO much money to put into it as im still playing yugioh as a main game, but currently i have people who i am on a team with who are kinda ok.

my decks i have made atm are

megacolony (machining being the focus but only owning 1 stag beetle and 2 0 gaurds)
Majsesty lord blaster (having a build for it that works really well for me running 3 blade and 3 dark too go with 3 mlb)
Dimensional Police (enigman storm build)
and shadow paladins (with no phantom blaster dragons and only 1 skull witch nemon)

so if needed i will post deck lists and hope im not to bad at this. but im really looking for someone local to help me with the tournaments.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 04:00

Concentrate on MLB. In the [REDACTED]. Take a look. Enigman rain is the real disappointment. One of my team member who use that scrub against all Hamburger-Time deck. If you want to win, I suggest staying away from that, it can't seem to pressure The End, MLB enough.

Last edited by Alice on 2013-04-24, 10:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not everyone has access to it)
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 04:32

>(having a build for it that works really well for me running 3 blade and 3 dark too go with 3 mlb)
>(machining being the focus but only owning 1 stag beetle and 2 0 gaurds)
>best in my shop

Nope

NOPE
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 06:14

I just kick ass with Stern.

Although I do take advantage of the small things such as Draws in MLB and Berserk Dragon in Dragonic Overlord, The End.
Back to top Go down
metro85

metro85

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 11:18

Epideme wrote:
>(having a build for it that works really well for me running 3 blade and 3 dark too go with 3 mlb)
>(machining being the focus but only owning 1 stag beetle and 2 0 gaurds)
>best in my shop

Nope

NOPE

well im a really good player (or so im told) so im trying my best with what i have
im really trying to do my best here but that comment kinda hurt :/
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 11:27

I think I've confirmed my hypothesis to never tell someone they're a good player. Then they'll think they have nothing to improve.

Also, hurt feelings aren't a thing here. Check this thread:
https://vmundi.forumotion.com/t356-what-is-v-mundi-about
Back to top Go down
metro85

metro85

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 11:31

here is my MLB deck list

grade 0: 19
Fullbau (the start)
4 elaine
3 liew
3 epona
3 weapons dealer govannon
3 margal
2 wingal brave

Grade 1: 15
4 blaster javelin
4 little sage marron
2 knight of friendship kay
1 lake maiden lien
1 witch of nostrum, arianrhod
1 miru biru
1 young pegasus knight
1 apocalypse bat

grade 2: 10
3 blaster blade
3 blaster dark
2 knight of truth gordon ( i really dont have many good royal paladin grade 2's so i figured the shield would be useful)
1 knight of loyalty beldivere
1 knight of silence gallatin

grade 3 : 6
3 majesty lord blaster
2 solitary knight gancelot
1 exculpate the blaster (this is more of a late game card if i need to just swipe the enemy board so i can get the the next turn to win.)
Back to top Go down
metro85

metro85

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 11:34

Alice wrote:
I think I've confirmed my hypothesis to never tell someone they're a good player. Then they'll think they have nothing to improve.

Also, hurt feelings aren't a thing here. Check this thread:
https://vmundi.forumotion.com/t356-what-is-v-mundi-about

im normally ok i just didnt expect to be cut into instantly :P

but to the other guy saying no, every Thursday at my locals i normally go either undefeated or 1 loss max, and win the night's prize its usually just packs but ive also won a MLB mat
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 12:14

Being a big fish in a small pond doesn't count for nothing much.
Back to top Go down
metro85

metro85

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 12:24

3XXXDDD wrote:
Being a big fish in a small pond doesn't count for nothing much.

very true. love the barion force picture btw
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 14:18

Metro, are you seriously winning all your games with a deck that has no PGs, a Vanguard where 44% of the time is a dud, and has no search-ability options for MLB whatsoever? In a deck with only 3 MLBs and 6 Grade 3s?

I'm. Dying. Over. Here.
Back to top Go down
metro85

metro85

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 14:24

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo wrote:
Metro, are you seriously winning all your games with a deck that has no PGs, a Vanguard where 44% of the time is a dud, and has no search-ability options for MLB whatsoever? In a deck with only 3 MLBs and 6 Grade 3s?

I'm. Dying. Over. Here.

that is correct there is a guy at my locals who runs nova graplers with the full 4 pg's and i beat him, and i have 6 draw triggers, 2 of the tap to discard and draw cards, and the 2 wingal braves to search mlb, i also have gancelot to search blade, and i run javalin and fullbau to search dark so i usually get off mlb's effect at least once a game, a lot of the times twice
Back to top Go down
metro85

metro85

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 14:26

The only perfect gaurds i own are, 2 mac leir, 2 paralizing madona, and 2 diamond ace.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 14:30

Still does not excuse the fact you're not starting with Brave, which is a +1 every time you ride (so the Shadow Paladins apart from Dark REALLY need to go).
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 14:34

metro85 wrote:
The only perfect gaurds i own are, 2 mac leir, 2 paralizing madona, and 2 diamond ace.

Trade those for the other perfects.

While V-Mundi isn't against being on a budget, it isn't so much "What can I get away with" rather than "What is the cheapest but still optimal deck I can play"

A deck without Perfects is usually a non-optimal deck.
Back to top Go down
metro85

metro85

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 14:37

Still does not excuse the fact you're not starting with Brave, which is a +1 every time you ride (so the Shadow Paladins apart from Dark REALLY need to go).

lich lord i can play brave to boost blaster dark, mlb,blaster javalin, or blaster blade, to search anything, mlb is searched via wingal and blade via ganacelot i need a way to search dark so i run javelin and fullbau
Back to top Go down
metro85

metro85

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 14:38

3XXXDDD wrote:
metro85 wrote:

Trade those for the other perfects.

While V-Mundi isn't against being on a budget, it isn't so much "What can I get away with" rather than "What is the cheapest but still optimal deck I can play"

A deck without Perfects is usually a non-optimal deck.

im really trying to get the things i need but no one has them, my locals has 1 isult there and he isnt willing to trade or sell it
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 14:56

I just kick ass with Stern.

Although I do take advantage of the small things such as Draws in MLB and Berserk Dragon in Dragonic Overlord, The End.

This!
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 15:10

metro85 wrote:

im really trying to get the things i need but no one has them, my locals has 1 isult there and he isnt willing to trade or sell it

Okay. A good rule of thumb would be don't post what you have, post what you are aiming for.
Back to top Go down
metro85

metro85

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 15:15

in all honestly i would like to finish mlb as a start get my 4 pg's and 1 more of every blaster, maybe some star calls, but i also really want to get aqua force (when set 8 comes out) or dark irgegulars but idk if they are worth working on
Back to top Go down
metro85

metro85

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 16:10

Would anyone here be able to give me a good MLB and a good THE END deck? i have 1 the end but i could have 3 by friday so i just need deck lists :$
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 16:37

That would involve making the whole thing accessible to every moron asking Alice for Hamburger-Time builds under the sun being made available to everyone.
Back to top Go down
metro85

metro85

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 16:40

well it could be pmed. and i got insulted for my builds, and when i ask for help i get called an idiot basicly, i cant win with you people. also what is hamburger time?
Back to top Go down
junri

junri

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 17:35

metro85 wrote:
well it could be pmed. and i got insulted for my builds, and when i ask for help i get called an idiot basicly, i cant win with you people. also what is hamburger time?

hamburger time is the filter for c.r.o.s.s.r.i.d.e.s. Also, your build is actually not very good and listen to people especially 3XXXDDD's advice of posting what you are aiming for not what you have. If you post what you have, then expect to get some negative feedback, especially if it does not contain optimal cards.
Back to top Go down
metro85

metro85

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty2013-04-24, 18:12

junri wrote:
metro85 wrote:

hamburger time is the filter for c.r.o.s.s.r.i.d.e.s. Also, your build is actually not very good and listen to people especially 3XXXDDD's advice of posting what you are aiming for not what you have. If you post what you have, then expect to get some negative feedback, especially if it does not contain optimal cards.

ok well im aiming to not have bad builds but apparently posting builds is bad?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Player Looking For Advice   New Player Looking For Advice Empty

Back to top Go down

New Player Looking For Advice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: