Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

{JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
einherjar145

einherjar145

{JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty
PostSubject: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-25, 06:43

Hey, i know this is an English Vanguard site, but after asking Alice, she said i could post up my Japan format deck list for some comments on how to improve it. Please do note I'm on a budget but help is appreciated.

Grade 0s
1x Aiming for the Stars, Artemis.
4x Battle Maiden, Kukurihime(Crit)
2x Cyber Tiger (Crit)
4x Bandit Danny(Draw)
2x Fancy Monkey (Draw)
4x Large Pot Witch, Laurie(Heal)

Grade 1s
4x Bowstring of Heaven and Earth, Artemis
3x Witch of Cats, Cumin
3x Snipe Snake
3x Battle Maiden, Mihikarihime
1x Goddess of Self Sacrifice, Kushinada (Perfect Guard)

Grade 2
4x Twilight Hunter, Artemis
2x Witch of Owls, Paparika
3x Battle Maiden, Izunahime
2x Battle Maiden, Sahohime

Grade 3
2x Battle Deity of the Night, Artemis
2x Eternal Goddess, Iwanagahime
3x Witch of Wolves, Saffron
1x Oracle Queen, Himiko
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-25, 07:21

God, your deck is so unfocused, what is your winning image here?! First thing first. You don't need 6 draws, this clan has all the draw power it needs, due to Artemis, so reduce it to 4 draw triggers, and switch to 8 criticals!!! Next, play 4 perfect guards. ALWAYS 4 PERFECT GUARDS for COMPETITIVENESS!!!!
So -3 Snipe Snake, +3 more Kushinada. I don't care if you has low budget or not. If you can't afford it, then don't ask for advice.

Next, max Sahohime. You need plenties of soul for Artemis LB. Get rid of Paparika. You don't need the draw effect. Artemis already take care of that. Max artemis and importantly, Himiko. Ditch Iwanagahime and Saffron. You don't need them. Artemis and Himiko is all you need. Even if Artemis miss the 1k bonus from Grade 2. With so much soul charge, the grade 2 is bound to go in, or using Artemis skill to put Grade 2 version in when you draw it.

Your winning image is Artemis. Using her skill to draw and +5000 to herself. Or breakride for GAME!
Back to top Go down
Duce

Duce

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-25, 09:19

The basis of your reply is correct, he should aim for 4 pergect guards and the changes you mentioned. But to me the way you worded it is a bit blunt and hostile. I don't think you needed the ''God, your deck is unfocused', ''if you can't afford it don't ask for advice''. those comments ruin the good bits of your advice.

I'm of the mind while he can't afford it at the moment he may be able to slowly work towards it, so why should that stop him asking advice so he knows what to save for and attempt to trade for... granted if he asked for advice and then shouted I can't afford that all than your bluntness is acceptable.

Back to top Go down
einherjar145

einherjar145

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-25, 10:09

Yes. My deck seems unfocused but that's because I have an budget. Like Duce said, I could plan on what I am going to build in the future.

Let's address the points you mentioned. Yes, you are right in having four Perfect Guards. However, since I only have one, my aim was to make the deck semi-competitive with what I have. My plan was this:

For one, Witch of Wolves, Saffron and Snipe Snake does make a pretty decent 21k column which does a stage 3 to an 11k vanguard. Snipe Snake can also apply to a Vanguard Himiko, forcing an additional shield or a perfect guard from an opponent. The Paparika you mentioned is not a CB 2, draw one card skill. It's a +3k when it attacks when I have a Limit Break unit on the field.

Secondly, Artemis's Limit Break is more towards the ability to survive than an actual finisher compared to Iwanagahime. It isn't pressuring enough than Descendant's ability to stand again with an extra critical. To use it continuously would just bring me closer to deckout and the power could possibility not be enough.

Thirdly, I believe the need for maximum Sahohimes is overrated. For one, in this deck, it disrupts the use of Snipe Snake's counterblast. Also, the need for soul in Artemis is not demanding. Let's say a Vanguard G2 Artemis hits the vanguard with the G1 in soul. That's already a +4 in soul. If we add that with the soul we gain from riding, that's 7. That's enough to use Artemis's skill 3 times. Himiko would also provide more soul when she attacks so soul isn't an issue here.

My winning image was that I have a 21k column for all three column (Thanks to the put into soul, +3k card) and then finish my opponent off with high amounts of power. If not, at least I could have crippled my opponent's capacity to survive the next turn. The other image was to break ride, making my 21k rear-guard column harder to guard with and again, hit with high amounts of power. If the vanguard fail, the rear-guard would still be pressure.

Since my deck is pretty offensive, why would I have the need for more criticals? I would rather have the +1 from draw triggers when I take damage rather than a useless trigger for card advantage and survivability since I would have less risk of decking out.

My aim for the future build of my deck was to implement the new break ride which allows you to draw one card and soul charge 3 for 1 CB. So I was trying to have a build that I don't have to rely on Sahohime for the soul and it also doesn't hurt my odds for triggers when I use Fortuna's skill to have an additional drive check for soul blast 3. That way, I could figure out the problems for this kind of build before the cards came out and I didn’t need to find new ways to complement the new cards.

More advice is welcome. :D

Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-25, 10:23

It seems you already know your own goal, but since you prefer to make magic number column, why not use the Mice Guard, Sirius and Orion? As long as Sirius is in your soul, extra copies of Sirius is a 9k booster. You won't need to keep counterblasting just to make Snipe Snake a constant 9k booster. Also with Artemis skill, it's easy to put both Mice Guard into the soul.

Since you are making the power deck. Remove Iwanagahime. And make the G3 of 3 Artemis, 3 Saffron and 2 Himiko.
Back to top Go down
einherjar145

einherjar145

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-25, 10:37

However, having a 6k or a 8k vanguard is not very defensive on itself. The odds of me pulling that though could be decent but the odds of me not having the card in soul is risky for me. I only made the magic number column due to the frequent use of Descendant decks I have been facing and I needed a way to reduce their hand size to make Descendant's ability to stand more draining than normal.

My initial plan was not to make a power deck but rather a deck that can setup decently as well as give enough offense to stall for time.Since the magic numbers do reduce my opponent's options, I would have enough time to set up for either hand advantage from Artemis, or a -2 from Iwanagahime. So it has two sides. One that can still provide offense without soul, and one that can utilize the soul effectively.

If I make the G3s like what you said, then I would have a risk of running 10k vanguards. Since Himiko is also soul blast heavy by the auto skill she gives, I might not be able to sustain the g2 Artemis in.

I also was going to plan to remove Paparika and G1 vanillas with Witch of Crows, Chamomile and Witch of Frogs, Melissa. Then reduce the snipe snakes and Saffrons to make way for either the new breakride or Fortuna.

I knew what I wanted but I wanted new perspectives on what I could actually improve on. That way, I could learn from the cardfighters here.
Thanks for the advice though. I didn't consider Mice Guard at the time.
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-25, 15:52

Your logic makes no sense at all. You afraid of decking out, yet you put in 6 draw? Critical trigger is pressure and it's a 10k shield too, while draw trigger is a measly 5k shield. If genesis has 3rd type of critical, I would put 12 critical. I apologise about paprika, I got mix up with other.

Also, you are basing on 1 Himiko for chain reliant to break ride? That's bullshit. You will almost never draw Himiko. Also her breakride soul blast 3, draw 1 is optional. You don't have to use it if you think you don't have enough soul. Iwanagahime is pretty much soul intensive. Also you are relying on 33% chain ride chance to successfully for grade 2 artemis to soul charge 4. Himiko is meant to be a game breaking card since she powers up 2 rearguard by 5k if breakride, so you need to draw her ASAP. If you like making 21k column so much, then ditch Artemis and make Saffron your main vanguard instead with additional served as rearguard.
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-25, 16:31

Here's the Saffron Build, with magic 21k columns:

Grade 0s
1x Cluster Hamster
4x Battle Maiden, Kukurihime(Crit)
4x Cyber Tiger (Crit)
4x Bandit Danny(Draw)
4x Large Pot Witch, Laurie(Heal)

Grade 1s
4x Mice Guard, Sirius
3x Snipe Snake
4x Battle Maiden, Mihikarihime
4x Goddess of Self Sacrifice, Kushinada (Perfect Guard)

Grade 2
4x Mice Guard, Orion
3x Witch of Owls, Paparika/Broom Witch, Caraway
4x Battle Maiden, Izunahime

Grade 3
4x Witch of Wolves, Saffron
4x Oracle Queen, Himiko
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-25, 16:33

I screw up on the Grade 1 ratio. Either -1 Snipe Snake or Mihikarihime. Sucks that I can't edit post.
Back to top Go down
einherjar145

einherjar145

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-26, 03:41

If I add 2 draws from your suggested 8 Crit, 4 Draw, then I would only take 2 cards extra away from the deck and into my hand. It is a 5k shield but the card that was drawn could be another 5k shield which leads to 10k in total making no change or it could be a 10k shield which is more beneficial for guarding. If I have Sahohime, it's a +3 to the soul(And a-3 from the deck) which I can't utilize for anything other than soul blasting. Also, the fact that after I have enough soul, the pressure doesn't seem daunting for its on-hit skill. People wouldn't mind you soul charging since if you soul charge triggers then it's beneficial to them. But the cards from the draw allows me to use them in any event I want. Isn't that more versatile? I wasn't saying I was afraid of decking out but that there is a less risk of decking out if I didn't put Sahohime so I can afford to put extra draw triggers in. 2 measly cards into my hand wouldn't create consistent risks of me decking out right?

Critical triggers has high shield power but if it goes to damage then it's a useless trigger in that case right? [Excluding the power.] But if I take damage and it's a draw, I still get a +1 for my hand.

It is true that since the odds of me not getting the g1 is there. But there is still the chance of the g1 going into the soul due to the soul charge 2 skill. Then I can soul charge 2 more.

I never expected Himiko to usually come out but she does quite often enough for me at the right times due to the draw triggers.

Thanks for the build anyways.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-26, 04:26

That's assuming you will check into a Draw. There's also the chance you just draw into it and it's a dud. Taking that into account, and the odds of you checking into a Draw, on average it would be better to run a different trigger unless drawing specifically furthers a goal, such as needing to draw back into the loop in Tsukuyomi OTT.

The reason for this is because if you get one, you at least have a 10k shield, even if it wasn't checked.

Your deck has no reason to run any more than 4 Draws; it does not suffer from card advantage (or at least it shouldn't, Iwanagahime is a +2 by herself and if you choose, Artemis is a +1 every turn as long as you can pay the cost), and Genesis isn't very formation specific; it's mostly centred around the Vanguard.
Back to top Go down
einherjar145

einherjar145

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-26, 04:42

I believe that it's true that I don't suffer from card advantage that much. But since I don't have more than one perfect guard currently to handle either a Descendant's restanding with an extra critical or Gauntlet's Limit Break of +3k and 1 critical per opponents retired unit by card effect, I think it's okay currently to run 6 draws.

I have seen players here who suffer even when they have 4 perfect guards in their deck since their card advantage would be significantly reduced by the large amounts of power or the criticals added. (I could be wrong though in general but that's what I see here.)
Back to top Go down
einherjar145

einherjar145

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-26, 04:43

So that would be my reason to add more draws. (Sorry, I also can't edit posts since I am new.)
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-26, 04:46

So you are basing on the chance reliant of drawing 1Himiko from the 49 cards, where she may end up going to damage zone, soul charge into. Clearly, you have no winning images at all. You try to jam too many strategy into a single deck with no future foresight.

You mention that triggers will end up in the soul, but what you do not realize that as your deck count is getting lower, the chance of the remaining trigger drive check is getting higher. Running 4 Himiko ensures you will get to ride her first almost every time. Of course, you don't use artemis skill when you break ride, but feel free to use Himiko break ride skill to draw a card. The opponent would definitely perfect guard against the vanguard. I already told you Artemis already take care of the draw engine. Even if the critical goes to waste by entering damage zone, it doesn't matter. Playing more critical ensures the opponent would definitely guard. If you relies on draw trigger just to get that 1 Himiko, you might as well play 4.

In your next turn, you start using artemis skill to bait another PG. It's really funny how you come here for advice and yet you are not using any of my advice, arguing with your own choice. Then might if I ask, why are you here?
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-26, 05:01

Just saw your new post. So, what you are saying you run multiples draw triggers to increase your hand size, just so you can guard to make up for the lack of PG. Seriously, that's not how it works. PG is meant to use against vanguard who has insane power like over 35000. So, if let says the opponent uses breakride and power up his vanguard to 35000, not counting triggers. Oh, I have many cards in hand due to draw trigger. All of 5k shields each. Your VG is 11k, you use 5 cards of 5k shield each to guard for 1 to pass. Wow, you just waste 5 cards to block that. And if he drives a trigger, those cards are wasted.
Back to top Go down
einherjar145

einherjar145

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-26, 05:28

Well, I guess I can't really explain but I will try/ Yes, I have draw triggers for increased hand size. This hand size is used for mainly guarding early against Descendant decks. For you see, if I guard an attack in late game after my opponent has 4 damage, then he's gonna restand and hurt me with a extra crit. In late game, usually the damage is so high(Like 4/5 damage), that I would require to guard every single attack. However, if I could have damage advantage, it would be easier to survive in the late game. There is also the fact that Descendant has a superior which would be just more daunting for me to waste later on. So I decided to focus on having damage advantage early on.

For example. I managed to take only 2 damage while my opponent has 4 damage. My opponent's breakride would be the +10k and retire one of my rear guards. If he breakrides Descendant, then I can actually afford to not guard the attack and not risk suffering his limit break. I should be able to survive that turn without too much effort. And I could have easily replaced the retired unit with someone else which could be equal or of more importance to me.

If he runs a Gauntlet build, then my main objective would be to again, prevent him from doing so much damage to me as well as having a continuous assault against it. If let's say he uses up all his counterblasts for one final blow, at the time, I would be able to make a 2 trigger to pass. (Generally due to the amount of Gauntlets and Descendant decks I have played.)

It all depends on the situation in the game but I am judging this based on what I see and played against. Again, I could be wrong about this. Like I said earlier, I knew what I want but I wanted to see other people's opinions and see if they can convince me on what I believe to be fine in this current meta. I also was expecting responses that include the new cards in BT-11 since there are so many people in the world who I believe are more experienced than me in analysing or finding out combinations I could not have known.

The feedback was helpful. I don't think my play style was something expected for a clan like this.

To me, I think having power alone or soul capabilities are not enough to handle such decks. So I considered adding them both together without compromising the potential of both sides.
Back to top Go down
einherjar145

einherjar145

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-26, 05:28

Sorry for the typos I have made.
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-26, 05:38

Then just play 4 PG, problem solved. Oh, best to discard grade 3 if you can. Grade 3 has no shield. If you are going for power pressure, then genesis is not for you. You are playing the clan wrong.
Back to top Go down
einherjar145

einherjar145

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-26, 05:51

Not planing to go power pressure. I mean this is my 'what do you call it?' Temporary 'solution' to the problem.(Just to ask though, there is no possibility of combining power pressure with the capabilities of soul blasting?) And I am getting some new BT-11 cards today so I would change with them.

Sorry for not listening to your advice. I didn't see one post earlier and to me, I thought it was rude since that in the beginning I said I was in a budget, so I generally assumed that you know my deck would be not very competitive. The first post immediately gave me a wrong impression about you. So I guess I got off from the wrong foot. Sorry about that. I also don't know what clan would be more suited to me since I am okay with every play style. And the general assumption from the posts was that I was a newbie that doesn't know the basic rules and anything else also influenced my mood.

Again, sorry about that. Shouldn't be sensitive.
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty2013-04-26, 06:12

Chamomile and Melissa is very useful for my Iwanagahime build. I will be using cinammon as my starter too. Time to do some intensive testing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement   {JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement Empty

Back to top Go down

{JPN deck} Genesis deck for help on refinement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Cardfight!! Vanguard :: Decklists-
Jump to: