Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem

Go down 
+5
Jabberwock
Alice
Rider Kick
BrookylnRage
farmergiles
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
farmergiles

farmergiles

Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty
PostSubject: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 06:20

Per request, here is the Gold Rutile deck I use - it's pretty much the same as Alice's reccomendation but I've stuck with the various "tech" cards as below:

Beast White Tiger (shame Nova don't have any decent starters as he is so out of place)
Heal Trigger x 4
Stand Trigger x 8
Critical Trigger x 4 (I used to use 12 Stand but am testing out 4 Critical - personally I think I did better with 12 Stand, but lately I'm struggling hurrendously with card advantage vs paladin/oracle decks so I might try 8 Stand / 4 Draw?? I seem to find I rarely get a Critical trigger when I need it with only 4 in the deck - at least a Draw would stop me having issues with card advantage)

Twin Blader x 4
Tough Boy x 4
Clay Doll Mechanic x 4
Screaming Announcer Shout x 2 (just to fill up space really, plus on rare occasions his rest skill is handy when I go first)

Brutal Jack x 4
Magician Girl Kiara x 4 (I like her pressure ability, but find it doesn't often go off really...........)
Super Electromagnetic Storm x 3 (compounds unflipping and tends to go off a lot - I tried King with Queen but struggled to set them up often - plus it's an even mix with 10,000/11,000 VG's.

Gold Rutile x 4
Death Metal Droid x 4
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 06:32

So far, how is the testing? Do you find it suited to your style? I don't really play nova grappler, so I can't really say anything.
Back to top Go down
farmergiles

farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 06:50

I like having relentless attacks plus the pressure that the opponent has to consider that every hit I do has some secondary effect. It does however require some setup and suffers if you don't draw well. However that could be down to me making the odd mistake here and there in my general play! :P

I have 4 copies of Asura Kaiser but no Beast Dragons so can't really make a working deck with him to abuse stand triggers - so I instead have a Stern Blaukluger deck with my Death Army's and full critical triggers.

So far my issue is having lack of cards in hand compared to the opponents because they have decks that abuse superior rides/calls. Hence I'm tempted to try 4 Draw instead of 4 Critical. I would really like to replace Announcer with something else but I don't know any 7K+ boosters that would be useful......Almighty Reporter I like for the bounceback to double as an emergency shield, but he's only 6K I think, which messes up scaling.
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 06:57

That's what draw trigger is for. To get the needed card faster to set up the field. Go for it.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 09:44

I love the deck, I myself have a similar build, as I am big Nova player. I am using draw triggers in it with 8 stands. And I am using King of swords as opposed to Kiara. Also I like shout, he helps out a bit more than people think.
Back to top Go down
farmergiles

farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 09:47

King instead of Kiara - interesting...............Presumably solely for abusing 10K VG's

I'd hate to discard Kiara entirely - when she does go off it's handy, not to mention the opponent seems to always save guards/intercepts to stop her so it's performing a "service" in the end indirectly.
Maybe...........-1 Kiara, -1 Storm + 2 King of Swords...............

I've yet to see much potential from Shout besides being 7K.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 09:59

I use shout when my hand is full of grade 3's past the third turn, it usually draws me into some much needed shields. Sure he rests himself to do it, but you know more shields is always a good thing. And I always build my grade 2's as 4 10ks for 10K Vg abuse, 4-3 four of the decks theme grade two, then a 2 and 2 format. In your decks case it would be 4 Sword, 4-3 Jack, 2 Storm, two Kiara since your looking for abusable assault. This is just my building preference mind you.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 10:02

Also for stern, have you considered putting 3 Storm in the deck. He helps out a lot.
Back to top Go down
farmergiles

farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 10:11

I think the King would be nice to fit in somewhere. Most of the Shout gets ridden so his skill doesn't last me long unless I find the other one in my deck and deploy it.

Stern.............not really - counterblast hasn't normally being an issue and with only 8 Grade 2's in that deck, 4 are for Death Army Lady and 4 are for Blaukluger. My new addition to that deck has been Miss Splendour to supplement Stern. It forces them to use rearguards first to try to stop Stern's attack unless they want to face a trigger buffed 10K that can't be intercepted.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 10:14

I'll pm you my stern build. It's a bit different.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 10:50

The reason I bring up storm in stern is if your sitting at five damage unflipped you can potentially use stern 3 times in a single turn with a storm on the field, but back to the deck topic at hand. As I said my grade two line up is a bit weird but it does work after some testing. from what you said your version would look like 4 Jack 3 Kiara, 2 Storm and 2 King. You could even go 3 Jack,3 Kiara,3 King,2 Two storm that way you have an equal chance of getting your pressure cards out.
Back to top Go down
farmergiles

farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 11:29

There is some variations I can try with Stern, mostly Eisenkugel for a start. I only made that recently thought so it's in testing.

I'll be having 4 Jack's - I like him too much! Good pressure, hits 11k's by himself, free most of the time to use, looks better than the King and in emergency situations makes a good powerful vanguard on the ride up.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 11:31

Try it with king at a 3 and Kiara at a 2 and see how that goes. If anything you can always just flip the numbers back around if it's not to your liking.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 12:26

Nonono, OP the Kirara isn't for just vanilla going off. Notice how Storm goes off often? It's because your opponent is taking the lesser of evils. It's part of a Storm, Rutile, Kirara setup that makes ridiculous plays.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 12:37

Hmmm very true, didn't think of it that way.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 12:38

What about adding storm into Stern for more attacks Alice?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 12:59

There's no way Stern should even be hitting twice. Much less three times.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 13:44

I'm confused slightly, if you are running the stern deck I thought the objective was to get him to attack at least twice.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 13:46

The objective is to attempt to. But you don't have the final say on if your opponent guards him or not.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-26, 13:47

Okay I gotcha. I thought I had the deck objective wrong when you said that last post.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-28, 08:34

Why stand trigger? Won't critical triggers makes opponent want to guard more as compared to stand trigger? And you don't have any target worth standing.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-04-28, 16:19

Jabberwock wrote:
Why stand trigger? Won't critical triggers makes opponent want to guard more as compared to stand trigger? And you don't have any target worth standing.
This
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-05-03, 15:30

Why not just go 6 and 6? You run the 3 raiser(Power boost) and 3 Grapple Mania(Damage unflip) and 3 Red Lightning(Damage unflip) and 3 uh whatever you want for the other critical.
Back to top Go down
Scruffy420

Scruffy420

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-05-03, 22:35

Alice wrote:
Jabberwock wrote:
This

I'm curious, why are Jack and DMD aren't worth standing?
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty2013-05-03, 23:14

It's not necessarily that they aren't worth standing. It's that as a general rule you need to choose between Critical triggers and Stand triggers to be most efficient. So, in this context, they're saying that the chance of extra damage is more valuable in the deck than the chance at extra attacks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem   Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem Empty

Back to top Go down

Gold Rutile - Damage Unflip Mayhem
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next