Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...

Go down 
+5
ResourcefulGeneral
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
blackwingEX
VesperGhoul
thym4n
9 posters
AuthorMessage
thym4n

thym4n

New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty
PostSubject: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-05, 19:36

Hey guys, i'm back

well, i just got a friend registered on V-Mundi, and he wants to get into vanguard. Though, his budget isn't the best. I told him to take the clan test, idk what happened after that...

I suggested he would start by making Neo Nectars, something like Alice's build. You guys have any other ideas for him?
Back to top Go down
VesperGhoul

VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-05, 20:47

Ok, I guess I'll start with, what types of gimmicks does he like, fast paced rush? Massive for one turn VG's? Drawing cards? Retiring?

I understand that in an ideal world he can get all these, but if he's on a low budget then that might not be possible as far as getting staple cards like PG's and RRR's.
Back to top Go down
blackwingEX

blackwingEX

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-05, 20:53

Spike Brothers, they only require 1 RRR (dudley emperor) which is a 50/50 chance you can get from an EB03 box, worst case is you get Spectral duke and trade it for a couple of PG's

the only foils in the deck (based on my build at least) are:
4 Juggernauts
4 Emperors
4 Cheer Girl Marilyn
3 Reckless Express

it will also help you appreciate game theory more since it's balanced and skill-intensive :D
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-05, 21:47

I can where you're going blackwing

i myself started with spike brothers, or at least looked at them :P

The only problem is of course getting the emperors. Couldn't they be replaced with Seifried? Also, i don't think PG's are a worry for him ATM. The reason i was suggesting Neo Nectar is becuase the max rarity they have is RR, which might be a bit easier to get. Also, couldn't i suggest that if he does pull out any of the good Hamburger-Time in booster ser 5, wouldn't they be good to trade against to complete the deck? Then again, if they're looking for Hamburger-Time, they must've also busted their wallets and have already made that deck I am a huge faggot please rape my face

(OTher thing about Spike Bros is that if you are not buying singles, getting through all the boxes will be hectic. I think his budget is about <$50

Also one crazy thing he did on the clan suggester, he put his budget as pauper, yet he got Kagero. I know the survey tries to match up with the clan that has most in common,, but i'm just kind of curious about that...
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-05, 21:56

Wait, does the forum auto replace Hamburger-Time with hamubrger time? or am i going crazy?
wow...
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-06, 04:57

Yeah it does that.

The cheapest deck I've ever made was old school Tachikaze, with the Deathrex Engine. I've flogged it since then, but had I kept it my build wouldn't have changed much apart from triggers and Dark Rex instead of Gigarex.

Alice's Supersoldier Tachikaze build is cheap. Archbird and Dark Rex are the most expensive cards, but the rest is easy to get hold of...

Last edited by Lich_Lord_Fortissimo on 2013-05-06, 06:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ResourcefulGeneral

ResourcefulGeneral

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-06, 05:32

Kind of makes sense, actually.

Kagero gets expensive if you go the Hamburger-Time route, but if you play goku+something, and are playing casually enough to get by without perfect guards (on his budget, a necessity), you can put a respectable deck together for like $40-50.
Back to top Go down
Asd 874

Asd 874

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-06, 07:22

hello :) im thym4n's friend. as to what VesperGhoul asked about what kind of build it does not really matter to me. i like playing all kinds of deck(in yugioh) from self destruction like skull servants to field control with the new maneater cards that revolve around getting the bottomless/trap hole cards out and keeping your opponent form summoning anything. i have also played some otk decks. if i had to pick a favorite deck type(from yugioh) it would have to be total control with the herald of perfection.

sry that i used yugioh to explain that i just know it more of its game play than vanguard. have not played any vanguard yet I am a huge faggot please rape my face but would like to at least try it out.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon

Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-06, 08:48

Currently there are no units or mechanics that can prevent calling rear fuards but you might be interested in Dueling Dragon ZANBAKU.
Back to top Go down
doomboykhoi

doomboykhoi

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-06, 21:16

Giraffa Deck (Megacolony) is pretty cheap and it pressure your opponent to guard on Turn 3 when you ride Giraffa with 2 unflipped damage to guard or they lose two Grade 1 boosters. Megacolony are a under supportive clan that his very interesting mechanics and they are the cheapest competitive deck to made (It also have the cheapest perfect guards).
My fully complete Giraffa deck is around $50-$60 dollars and it can hurt a lot of meta deck now if played correctly.

The foils in the deck are:
4x Paralyze Mandona ($7 each) (Perfect guards)
4x Evil Armor General, Giraffa ($3 each)
4x Elite Mutant, Giraffa ($2 each)
4x Martial Arts Mutant, Master Beetle ($2 each)

Without Perfect Guards this deck is around $25, but it can easily be competitive once you buy the Perfect Guards.
So all the foils is around $52 and you can easily get the commons and rares to complete the deck.
This deck is a pretty budget, competitive, and unique deck if you want to play it.
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-06, 21:29

Just a quick build-up on that...

I looked at the giraffa build and it seemed pretty good for me to build as well
i have a question, is there any other grade 3 that might be put in master beetle's place? on that has a better RG eff. Just curious...
Back to top Go down
doomboykhoi

doomboykhoi

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-06, 21:53

You can put Lady Butterfly until you can get Master Beetle.
Lady Butterfly is a Rare that gains 2k when it attacks vanguard (so a 12k attacker) if you would like her better then Master Beetle.

But I prefer Master Beetle because not all the time you can ride Giraffa and his 11k defense is nice to have and his limit break can be used at late game when your opponent have 5 damage and Giraffa can't hit anymore to slow his next turn.

In my deck I teched in ONE (no more) Violet Vesper to gain a free plus and retire it if it is useless using Giraffa's skill. (If you call a trigger, Master Beetle and Tail Joe can hit 16k with it, 15k with Bloody Hercules and extra Giraffa for 10k vanguards. If you can't hit Vanguard for good numbers, you can always attack Rear Guards).
Back to top Go down
blackwingEX

blackwingEX

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-07, 00:26

Just pick the clan which have the cheapest Null Guards at the moment, even if it's a minor clan like Spikes, Megacolony or Tachikaze, they will get some sort of support (albeit annually) that can get them near top-tier...

supplement that with some good gameplay and play your chances by joining a lot tourneys so you can plus off the clan while it's strong XD

every clan should be able to pay for itself, just a matter of timing :P

but yeah, If I were you... :D Spike Brothers!!! not too many gimmicks, just plain drain your opponent's shield for 1st down and then touchdown on the following play :D
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-07, 16:18

The only problem, these decks that were budget like neo nectars, they're going to get busted support, which will make them more expensive (musketeers in the blue strom armada)
Back to top Go down
doomboykhoi

doomboykhoi

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-07, 16:57

Megacolony won't get any support for a while (No Megacolony in Set 5-11).
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-07, 17:10

doomboykhoi wrote:
Megacolony won't get any support for a while (No Megacolony in Set 5-11).

There is the new japanese promo card called machining armor beetle though. Awesome effect.
Back to top Go down
doomboykhoi

doomboykhoi

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty2013-05-07, 23:49

I was talking about Megacolony cards not being in boxes Set 5-11.

I know Megacolony gets that card in Japan as a promo. It makes Megacolony much better (especially Machinings).

The Extra Booster: Comic Style and Extra Booster: Calvary of Black Steel improved Megacolony a lot too.

But overall I guess they lack support because no one buys Megacolony cards in both formats (ENG and JPN) so Bushiroad stop making support becuase they won't get a lot of money out of a low demanded clan.
I'm hoping that Booster Set 12, 13, or 14 to have a Megacolony archetype and breakride, or even some new support that will make Megacolony much better (like what they did with Machining Armor Beetle).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...   New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help... Empty

Back to top Go down

New Vanguar Player Needs Deck Help...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: