Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
farmergiles

farmergiles

Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works! Empty
PostSubject: Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works!   Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works! Empty2013-06-06, 18:37

A few of us got talking and joking during a team game where two of us played Neo Nectar (pre BT08 deck ideas so mostly Gene series and Trailing Rose) - we looked at the weird fruit cards from BT08 and the sadly woeful Fruit Basket Elf. We wondered whether there is any way to make a Neo Nectar deck that utilises the Elf as well as all the random fruit cards in BT08 - the tomato, banana, mushroom (yes ok it's a fungus sod off!) pineapple etc.

On first thought we can't think of a way the deck could possibly work due to the pitiful power levels of the associated cards. Even combining it with Sephirot for power boosts didn't yield positive views.

Anyone want to take the challenge?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works!   Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works! Empty2013-06-06, 20:03

No. /thread

NN has about 2 usable builds right now.
Back to top Go down
farmergiles

farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works!   Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works! Empty2013-06-07, 04:09

Ha ha, talk about blunt! :P Shame though - it would be an amusing deck to use! Guess I'll just have to stick with Musketeers then, wasn't getting much from the Gene/Rose stuff. Sephirot maybe I'll get for casual later - I admit it's too chance reliant, but it was amusing watching my teammate abuse one of my opponents with 3 Power 10.000 Caramel Popcorns! :P
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works!   Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works! Empty2013-06-07, 06:58

Sounds interesting, as a challenge. I'll say this much, though: Don't expect it to be great. But I'll see what I can come up with.
Back to top Go down
farmergiles

farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works!   Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works! Empty2013-06-07, 07:12

OH I wouldn't expect it to be great in the slightest! Abysmal power levels and mediocre skills would make it casual at best!
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works!   Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works! Empty2013-06-07, 07:40

Okay. So here's what I managed to come up with.

Fruits, Nuts, & Flakes
Grade 0 - 17
1x Shield Seed Squire
4x Dancing Sunflower
4x Chesnut Bullet
4x Sweet Honey
4x Watering Elf (Moves to soul to give a unit +3k, useful for the decks low power curve, but drops a 10k shield)

Grade 1 - 14
4x Blade Seed Squire (At worst, 7k booster. At best, fetches an intercepter for an extra 5k shield)
4x Maiden of Blossom Rain (Staple perfect guard)
2x Boone Banana (Toss behind Iris Knight when possible, returns to hand after a successful boost, used to increase shield and commit less to the field; part of the challenge)
2x Caramel Popcorn (7k booster with no real use; part of the challenge)
2x Fruits Basket Elf (6k booster, toss behind a rear-guard and attack a rear-guard with it; the opponent is unable to guard from hand, allowing you to eliminate pesky attackers with relative ease; part of the challenge)

Grade 2 - 11
3x Hey Yo Pineapple (11k attacker if the rear-guard is full; part of the challenge)
3x Iris Knight (Necessary to go with 6k boosters)
3x Knight of Young Leaves, Gene (at worst, 9k attacker. At best, fetches a grade 3 10k to go with the 6ks)
2x Poison Mushroom (At best, 5k shield. At worst, you have to call it; toss Fruits Basket Elf behind it, use Watering Elf or Exploding Tomato to make it a 10k for the turn, and your opponent can't guard from hand whatever you attack, use it to get a free card; can't damage your opponent)

Grade 3 - 8
4x Maiden of Trailing Rose (Grade 3 vanguard. Use to fill up your rear-guard for Pineapple's or Mushroom's skill.)
2x Knight of Harvest, Gene (10k attacker to go with our 6k boosters, at best fetches 2 intercepters for an extra 10k shield)
2x Exploding Tomato (9k attacker that gives +3k to another unit. Useful to increase the low power units or to help with hitting Hamburger-Time; part of the challenge)

***Notes: The deck focuses around gaining advantage from the deck, superior calling as often as possible. It shores up low power levels with an 11k vanguard for defense and a few power gain skills. Fruits Basket Elf helps ensure that you can take out a rear-guard with relative ease, allowing you to net a +1. The deck attempts to make the best columns possible barring Fruits Basket Elf, who doesn't need to form a 16k column because of its skill. It aims towards the defensive, attempting to maintain relative advantage over your opponent.***
Back to top Go down
newbishop

newbishop

PostSubject: Re: Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works!   Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works! Empty2013-06-07, 09:07

Fruit Basket Elf has to boost and attack towards a VG for its skill to go off
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works!   Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works! Empty2013-06-07, 09:19

Which is a massive waste of a counterblast and a damage for any on-hit NN currently has.
Back to top Go down
Argroh Valdios

Argroh Valdios

PostSubject: Re: Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works!   Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works! Empty2013-06-07, 09:23

'ey Dakota, the reasoning for Fruits Basket ya have is off.

Ability states only if the boosted unit is attacking a Vanguard, not a rearguard.

and I just realize that Bishop already said so making this post kindof redundant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works!   Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works! Empty

Back to top Go down

Challenge - Build a Neo Nectar Fruit Deck that works!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Cardfight!! Vanguard :: Decklists-
Jump to: