Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suggestions thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alice
Admin
Alice

Suggestions thread Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions thread   Suggestions thread Empty2012-09-16, 03:53

Let me open up VMundi to suggestions.

What kinds of things would you like to see on the site to come? Like new article types, new polls or whatever?

I'm curious to see what people who read the site think about it. Also let me know what you think I'm doing right so I can keep doing it.

Things I think I'm probably doing right:

• Updating only 1 month before it becomes English, so people can play with the current stuff as long as possible
  • Not doing fad posts like tournament reports or things that you can't go back to a year from now and take anything away from
  • Writing for English only, to focus on people who are playing the same format as me
  • Giving decklists that I think work out for the best
Things I think I'm probably doing wrong:

• Having a convoluted side bar to navigate the site. Haven't decided what I'd do as an alternative.
  • My strict content regime restricts me from posting often, and consequently keeps the community from growing
  • Not doing a podcast. I want to, I'd just need to plan topics and get at least 2 other people to talk about them with me.
  • Not making videos. I'd need a better recording cam as my webcam just doesn't cut it. I could see about borrowing my mother's iPhone for it, but I'd rather not.
  • Getting demotivated sometimes due to the rampant stupidity, and failing to update articles in a timely manner
  • Not proof-reading articles enough before they go up. Leading to a lot of mistakes that users correct
  • Not holding VMundi tournaments. Either by Skype or Byond, or a combination of the two.
  • Not actively advertising VMundi ever. I don't know where to tastefully plug the community, though.
  • Failing to get shirts made for those who wanted to show us off
So let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Suggestions thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions thread   Suggestions thread Empty2012-09-16, 06:10

That podcast sounds interesting! What would that do for you that the articles wouldn't though?

Tournaments are also something I'm up for.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Suggestions thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions thread   Suggestions thread Empty2012-09-16, 06:34

Podcasts allow more opinion stuff, speculation, discussion with others, and insight into specific topics. Also fad stuff like metagames, clan opinions and whatever. It'd be really fun to do if I was confident in my voice.

Tournaments I want to have a real reward for. If I could do cards, I would. Probably will once I start my job. Until then I think I'll make graphical badges. But I need to figure out a tournament to organize first.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Suggestions thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions thread   Suggestions thread Empty2012-09-16, 06:55

Actual prizes? So there would be some level of Tournament fee as well maybe?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Suggestions thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions thread   Suggestions thread Empty2012-09-16, 09:06

If I do something big there would be.
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

Suggestions thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions thread   Suggestions thread Empty2012-09-16, 17:31

Bragging rights o3o

Now that I see it, I'm kinda surprised Vmundi doesn't have a podcast...huh.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Suggestions thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions thread   Suggestions thread Empty2012-09-16, 21:55

If I do tournaments, there would be e-epeen tournaments and then prize tournaments. Prized ones might be less common depending on how much participation they get.

I'll work on drafting up a podcast format and see how I like the idea.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

Suggestions thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions thread   Suggestions thread Empty2012-09-17, 04:20

I suggest a sort of Vmundi movement. A full scale horde of the faithful who would crusade throughout the various communities on Pojo and Byond and like and serve as the Vanguard of a glorious new world-thought mind of neo-independent nero waves of the the higher future. A Renaissance for improved thought based around the Eclasictal teachings of this site, a full scale Hyper-Tribe that will cascade down through the rivers of the World Wide Web and nourish the masses with the sweet ambrosia of knowledge like Al-Khidr from on high. And so we Will be the new Coniqustaors of the VMUNDI REVOLUTION!!!

HAIL THE FUTURE!
HAIL THE MIND!
HAIL VMUNDI!!!!!!

...Or you know, the weighted meta reports thing, that could work to.
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

Suggestions thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions thread   Suggestions thread Empty2012-10-14, 18:45

Article on compression?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Suggestions thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions thread   Suggestions thread Empty2012-10-14, 20:20