Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introduce yourself

Go down 
+176
Lightning
Vulturius
Gris
Salamandros
Dakota
Zoologist A
DJet89
blackwingEX
Vulcanpeace
kyurenjo
GrumpyOwl
BrookylnRage
farmergiles
Rexfighter
einherjar145
Argroh Valdios
CatTurtle
Kagami Ts
Scruffy420
TheCrimsonSoldier
NightmareDraw
Kasmania
MadMarch
Leonheart
yuzuruk
Jabberwock
Skyehawthorn
LightLightning
nate
MonolithAngel
root-3
Sky-V
Kodokami
aniodia
SayuriMatsuri
EclipseOfAshes
hawkeye
AegisCrow
UZI_tha_KLOWN
Chain11207
Black Phoenix
Avid
Zeronos
cardrevolution
phoenix_yamato
Reshbal
YAMIshin
Sir Woof Woofingon of wag
black cat
specrtalduke9387
123Deckbox
Raulm3
lexigurl97
beserking
sageco
MetaScratch
noobsaibot9387
junri
NicShare
Best_Sociopath
Lightswo2
Noy620
Mr. WoW
chromereaper
seththecookiehunter
jman5x
Jflux
dehart68
TwinPsionic
BlackManticore
aditde
spica
Rider Kick
Edalborez
The King of Hearts
Askandyr
FoodForThought
neogenisis
LiighTning
Hexagon
Epideme
Starphoenix
furion
simplyvanguard
GalladeTheAbsol
Loaded Lux
VesperGhoul
Donkay
doomboykhoi
taesyeon
alexander.stone88
Koko
Clement_Tea
LeEdenWeiss
gettineggywithit
Redbeastmage
haxie-kun
Dragon∞Blade
bucketcat
fotonurth
Chestnut_Rice
Gelatin
jamalamba
tehhammer
LittleFighterFox
DJ_Rapster
Nihckeuq
Kyril
Smittons
Xroshawk
TehNACHO
luis
Oflari
MysticEyes
Alvarofsj
Azure Falcon
DracoFox
Negi
Trinam
AbysmalDragon
WingZero
Featherine
Kirosnefakman
Omnigeek
Duce
Desir
Wingtips
Night_Live
Werekill
Shadowbane
Truelight
3XXXDDD
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
HerO
Vendetta98
richila
Tryston
NavyCherub
CyprusWHM
Zxblaze
mikeyli
zerotaine
corundum
ShiftyFish
Deingel
Nysonin609
megazordprime
SK HiToKiRi
Pcyborg
koalakyle
AstoXx
newbishop
The Pirate Guy
Lockon Stratos
AzraelZero
wan0009
Creepichi
PureCray
ScarletWeather
PuppyCop
firagadam
MattSide92
Mongoose
suna
Hal18
Another Leather Lung
Kaji Motomiya
ShinkenRed
HugeMcLargeTall
Traesive
Klaus
OGTriggerz
SoulKaiser
Wolfen
Mizuki
Alice
180 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Redbeastmage

Redbeastmage

Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-07, 11:01

We have a bigger ygo crowd in the store but they are cheap deadbeats for the most part. I still know almost nothing about the game, but they just refuse to actually buy products from us outside of sleeves and tournament entries. They buy and sell in the store(against our policies), and complain because we charge $10 a box more then the Internet, and make faces when I remind them we have a 10% back reward policy and Internet orders have to pay shipping. Despite getting 2-3x the attendance for ygo, vanguard sales eclipse ygo by a mile.

Most the vanguard crowd we've crown has been out of our magic community. To the magic players, vanguard is quicker, simpler, and way cheaper, while providing a relatively even meta. It's likely where the affinity for drafting comes from.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-07, 17:45

@Redbeastmage, oh god I want to go to your store. But it's in NJ and I'm so far awayyyy.

That's pretty typical of yugioh to be honest. Yugioh is hated by a lot of card shop owners due to the playerbase being cheapskates who essentially use the card shop as a place to loiter and broker deals. There's a very pervasive mentality in yugioh to do this which is bad for the game in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-07, 21:04

Redbeastmage wrote:
Most the vanguard crowd we've crown has been out of our magic community. To the magic players, vanguard is quicker, simpler, and way cheaper, while providing a relatively even meta. It's likely where the affinity for drafting comes from.

Why can't my fucking friends learn from you. Seriously. The guy who got me into Cardfight, and the other guy I tried to get into Cardfight, switched to Magic because HURRDURR VANGUARD RELIES ON LUCK. If that isn't an insult an injury, this is: they only played for 1 day with 4 different Trial Decks. And we only had 3 hours in that night. My classmates at school (different people) won't even try Vanguard because hurrdurr magic is better. Oh, best fucking excuse? "The cards are too colorful." FUCK YOUR DICK, SERIOUSLY! And my school is in Jersey...

If you weren't in Saddle Brook, I'd go to your store. I mostly go to NYC because it's just a short bus and train ride away. I seriously need more people to play with IRL other than VMundi.
Back to top Go down
Dragon∞Blade

Dragon∞Blade

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-07, 21:32

Kaji Motomiya wrote:
Redbeastmage wrote:

Why can't my fucking friends learn from you. Seriously. The guy who got me into Cardfight, and the other guy I tried to get into Cardfight, switched to Magic because HURRDURR VANGUARD RELIES ON LUCK. If that isn't an insult an injury, this is: they only played for 1 day with 4 different Trial Decks. And we only had 3 hours in that night. My classmates at school (different people) won't even try Vanguard because hurrdurr magic is better. Oh, best fucking excuse? "The cards are too colorful." FUCK YOUR DICK, SERIOUSLY! And my school is in Jersey...

If you weren't in Saddle Brook, I'd go to your store. I mostly go to NYC because it's just a short bus and train ride away. I seriously need more people to play with IRL other than VMundi.

I composed my vanguard team from the anime club crowd, so everyone kinda plays it cause they like how it's colorful

or they like the anime. (Which is another really objectively bad animes that people watch because it's a card game anime.)

Now, former Yu-Gi-Oh players tend to have more facepalm worthy comments about Vanguard despite their willingness to play...
Back to top Go down
haxie-kun

haxie-kun

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-08, 01:14

my group of cardfighters is made of me and three friends
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-08, 01:23

Dragon∞Blade wrote:
Now, former Yu-Gi-Oh players tend to have more facepalm worthy comments about Vanguard despite their willingness to play...

Technically being a former YGO player myself, I should think I take some offense to that. At least I would if I probably wasn't an exception.
Back to top Go down
haxie-kun

haxie-kun

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-08, 01:30

Dragon∞Blade wrote:
Kaji Motomiya wrote:
Redbeastmage wrote:

I composed my vanguard team from the anime club crowd, so everyone kinda plays it cause they like how it's colorful

or they like the anime. (Which is another really objectively bad animes that people watch because it's a card game anime.)

as a former YGO player, i will tell you that i have done horrible things playing vanguard my first week. YGO trains players to go for a plus
Back to top Go down
gettineggywithit

gettineggywithit

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-08, 16:32

Where you Cardfight: Panama City, Florida, US

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Great Silver Wolf, Garmore

Your Favorite Clan Clans: Megacolony, Tachikaze, Gold Paladins

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: Gaming, Anime, occasionally Yugioh

About how long have you been Cardfighting: 6 months

How did you get to V-Mundi? I was directed here by a friend.

A little about yourself: about yourself

Last edited by gettineggywithit on 2013-01-09, 00:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-08, 18:56

Is that the egg thief from the Spyro games? Holy shit...
Back to top Go down
gettineggywithit

gettineggywithit

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-08, 19:11

Kaji Motomiya wrote:
Is that the egg thief from the Spyro games? Holy shit...
Yes. Yes it is.

EDIT: Not anymore. Now it's Kitten-Batman.

Last edited by gettineggywithit on 2013-01-10, 19:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeEdenWeiss

LeEdenWeiss

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-09, 02:02

Alice wrote:
Where you Cardfight: ~~~~~ NY, United States of Racism

Your Avatar (favorite unit): ~~~~~ Marine General of the Restless Tides, Algos (dual machine-guns <3)

Your Favorite Clan: ~~~~~ All of the above, except Gold Paladins

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: ~~~~~ everything that uses the hand, no shame, but yea i meant handball among many varieties

About how long have you been Cardfighting: ~~~~~ since 2011 Dec

How did you get to V-Mundi? ~~~~~ Alice's awesomeness brought me here. /from pojo

A little about yourself: ~~~~~ im yellow
Back to top Go down
Clement_Tea

Clement_Tea

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-09, 04:52

Yoz, fellow cardfighters!

-Where you Cardfight: Singapore

-Your Avatar (favorite unit): none at the moment

-Your Favorite Clan: Bermuda Triangle (because of the cute idol girls =_=)

-Non-Vanguard Hobbies: Illustrating stuff like cartooning, video-gaming (RPGs), watching anime & reading manga

-About how long have you been Cardfighting: started in May 2011, but never really played until Dec 2012 (1 year+ later)

-How did you get to V-Mundi?: Directed from Brampton Booster

-A little about yourself: A casual cardfighter (player) who isn't too keen about competitive play but is still very interested to know as much as possible regarding CFV's meta. My current main (and only) deck is an Oracle Think Tank Battle Sisters-themed, in Japanese format.
Back to top Go down
Koko

Koko

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-10, 05:55

Hello Vanguard players!

-Where you Cardfight: Germany

-Your Avatar (favorite unit): Koko

-Your Favorite Clan: Oracle Think Tank, Pale Moon

-Non-Vanguard Hobbies: anime and manga

-About how long have you been Cardfighting: since July 2012

-How did you get to V-Mundi?: Directed from a friend

-A little about yourself: I'm a cardfighter who plays for fun
Back to top Go down
alexander.stone88

alexander.stone88

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-10, 15:26

Where you Cardfight: Winterpeg, Manasnoba, Canada
Your Avatar (favorite unit): Purple Trapezist
Your Favorite Clan: Pale Moon, followed by Dimension Police
Non-Vanguard Hobbies: Anime, Manga, Tokusatsu, (primarily Kamen Rider) Magic: The Gathering
About how long have you been Cardfighting: I think about 6 months or so.mabye a bit more.
How did you get to V-Mundi? asked a local playgroup for recomended vanguard forums.
A little about yourself: Not much to say. Recently been slightly obsessed with making a cube varient for the game. So far, so good
Back to top Go down
Redbeastmage

Redbeastmage

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-10, 15:30

Cube.....vanguard........OMFG MUST DO! Holy shit. Lets make a thread and start brainstorming.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-10, 15:35

I'm lost
Back to top Go down
alexander.stone88

alexander.stone88

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-10, 15:39

@redbeastmage:I will probobly post a thread reguarding it tonight, explaining the rules of my test cube. being on a phone though may limit me a minor amount.
@alice: a cube is a collection of cards that a group draft from. it started in mtg, but there have been varients for other games.I will post more later.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-10, 15:48

I thought you literally meant to cube it, as in make a 3-dimensional version of vanguard like 3-D chess.
Back to top Go down
alexander.stone88

alexander.stone88

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-10, 15:54

no.although now I wanna see if I can find some vanguard papercraft
Back to top Go down
taesyeon

taesyeon

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-10, 18:32

Where you Cardfight: Toronto, ON, Canada

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Dragonic Overlord The End

Your Favorite Clan: Kagero/Narukami

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic The Gathering, Breakdancing, Singing, Guitar, Super Smash Bros. Melee

About how long have you been Cardfighting: A week

How did you get to V-Mundi? A friend of mine introduced me to the blogspot and I found my way here.

A little about yourself: Friendly, chill nerd who likes to chill and and do random stuff.
Back to top Go down
doomboykhoi

doomboykhoi

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-10, 21:37

Where you Cardfight: Houston, Texas, USA

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Dragon Monk, Goku

Your Favorite Clan:
I like how all clan have a very unique feeling when you play them and is vey hard to choose my favorite one, but I preferred technical ones more and I don't like to play meta because I like to play a different deck then other people does and use their potential to it's greatest.

I like Kagero for Conroe's G1 search ability and cards that retires opponent's rear guards to make them lose advantage by replacing them and maybe reduce the numbers of attacks if they can't replace them, not for Dragonic Overlord The End.

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: Anime and Manga

About how long have you been Cardfighting: November 2012

How did you get to V-Mundi?: I was surfing the web for clan analysis and Cardfight Vanguard mechanic and I really like this blog's very deep description of the clans.

A little about yourself: A friendly guy who likes Cardfight Vanguard. Likes to play for fun, but can play very competitive even with clans without great support can give people a hard time.
Back to top Go down
Donkay

Donkay

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-15, 16:07

Where you Cardfight: Canada

Your Avatar (favorite unit): Chief Nurse, Shamsiel

Your Favorite Clan: Angel Feather

Non-Vanguard Hobbies: Video games, reading

About how long have you been Cardfighting: Since the beginning

How did you get to V-Mundi? Got shown the "Deep Clan" pages by a friend.

A little about yourself: Semi-casual Cardfighter. Angels for life!
Back to top Go down
Chestnut_Rice

Chestnut_Rice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-15, 22:18

Donkay wrote:

WHERE IN CANADA. OH MAN. WHAT. ANGELS. I LOVE YOU. DUDE. WHAT. I- MAN. WOW. CAN WE MEET UP. OH GOD.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-15, 22:41

Yeah cause that's not creepy stalkerish at all.
Back to top Go down
Donkay

Donkay

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty2013-01-15, 22:56

Chestnut_Rice wrote:
Donkay wrote:

WHERE IN CANADA. OH MAN. WHAT. ANGELS. I LOVE YOU. DUDE. WHAT. I- MAN. WOW. CAN WE MEET UP. OH GOD.

Well uhm hi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: