Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exculpate the Blaster

Go down 
+14
Tryston
Kaji Motomiya
Dark5ide
ScarletWeather
Lockon Stratos
Traesive
Alice
zawarudo
meeb
Pcyborg
3XXXDDD
firagadam
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
ShinkenRed
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

Exculpate the Blaster Empty
PostSubject: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 10:52

Exculpate the Blaster 6f5f0011
Here's my retranslation from the Chinese one in the image by Yimieji.
Quote :
Excalpate the Blaster
Grade 3
Royal Paladin
Human
[Cont](Hand) If you do not have a Grade 3 Vanguard, you cannot normal ride this card during Ride phase.
[Cont](VC) If you do not have a card named 'Blaster Blade' in your soul, this unit cannot attack.
[Auto] When you call this card to the RC, retire this unit.
[Act](VC)(CB3) During this turn, you may pay the cost. If you do, this unit can attack all of your opponent's units in one attack.
[Act](VC)When this unit attacks, send all of the cards except a card named 'Blaster Blade' in the soul to the drop zone. This unit gains +2000 for each card sent to the drop zone by this effect.
[Auto](VC)During the close step of this unit's battle, select a card named 'Blaster Blade' in the soul and ride it in REST position and send all the cards in the soul to the drop zone.
This is the card with tons of effects. His cons are more than pros as you may gain a net +7 overall advantage. I can't imagine how this would turn to be like when it is brought to the English meta.
Source: www.weibo.com/yimieji
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 11:46

How I'd build the deck (EDITED):

x1 Wingal Brave

x4 Alabaster Owl

x4 Bringer of Good Luck, Epona

x4 Margal (make up for minuses force by re-riding a Grade 3 on top of Blaster Blade)

x4 Yggdrasil Maiden, Elaine

x4 Flash Shield, Iseult

x4 Little Sage, Marron

x4 Knight of Friendship, Kay (rush the opponent Early Game to put yourself ahead in damage)

x2 Dream Painter

x4 Blaster Blade

x4 Knight of Loyalty, Bedivere

x3 Knight of Silence, Gallatin

x4 White Knight Dragon, Pendragon (used to wash for +0 into Excalpate and the main focus of the gambit)

x2 Swordsman of Explosive Flames, Palamedes/Holy Disaster Dragon/Majesty Lord Blaster

x2 Excalpate the Blaster (instant +5, but leaves you vulnerable after. Hence the reason for Draw Triggers).

Last edited by Lich_Lord_Fortissimo on 2012-11-14, 13:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firagadam
firagadam

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 11:52

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo wrote:
How I'd build the deck:

x1 Wingal Brave

x4 Alabaster Owl

x4 Bringer of Good Luck, Epona

x4 Margal (make up for minuses force by re-riding a Grade 3 on top of Blaster Blade)

x4 Yggdrasil Maiden, Elaine

x4 Flash Shield, Iseult

x4 Little Sage, Marron

x4 Knight of Friendship, Kay (rush the opponent Early Game to put yourself ahead in damage)

x2 Dream Painter

x4 Blaster Blade

x4 Knight of Loyalty, Bedivere

x3 Knight of Silence, Gallatin

x4 Alfred Early (used to wash for +0 instead of -1 upon re-ride after Excalpate. Also not much different from regular Alfred as long as a decent booster's behind it)

x4 Excalpate the Blaster (instant +5, but leaves you vulnerable after. Hence the reason for Draw Triggers).

>>Taking blaster out of the soul
>>In a deck that needs it in the soul

Im sorry, what?, unless you can chose not to remove him with Alfred,i also believe 4 exculpate is too much since he is a worse dead g3 in your hand than a 9k.

But still, FUCK THIS CARD AND ITS EXISTENCE WHAT THE FUCK BUSHIROAD?
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 11:53

There should be MLB in there in order to assure that Blaster Blade goes into the soul for 100%

Also realistically, you've basically won at the point you ride Broken-Blaster with all of the conditions fulfilled.
Back to top Go down
Pcyborg

Pcyborg

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 13:24

One card.... Gancelot...
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 14:13

Hmm, I forgot that you could Pendragon into this guy.
Back to top Go down
zawarudo

zawarudo

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 18:13

Need Mirabiru, so you can cycle up to 6 cards in your hand.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 18:26

This is some goddamn yugioh bullshit. Ugh.

And it's actually Exculpate.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 18:32

Seriously this card reminds me of Chaos Xyz Summon and Hope Ray.
@Alice : Usually I'll pronounce and write the name according to the kana for katakana in the card until Bushi gives an official one. You know my English standard.
Back to top Go down
zawarudo

zawarudo

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 18:38

Then shouldn't it be Ekusukarupeito? How you getting Excalpate?
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 18:47

I will consider how those kana work and transform and make the reference available that time. I dont really want to change 'a,e,i,o,u' so i wont get confused with the pronouncation. Sorry that I forgot to note this out
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 18:53

So basically this is a grade 4 Dragonic Kaiser Vermilion + pseudo Alfred Early for Royal Paladins that can not be in the rearguard circle that can only attack when Blaster Blade's in the soul and soul blasts everything other than Blaster Blade and gets 2k for each soul blast.
The fuck?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 19:52

ShinkenRed wrote:
I will consider how those kana work and transform and make the reference available that time. I dont really want to change 'a,e,i,o,u' so i wont get confused with the pronouncation. Sorry that I forgot to note this out

Except you did it wrong even following those bullshit standards.

エクスカルぺイト ザ ブラスター
EKUSUKARUPEITO ZA BURASUTAA

Not "Excalpate". In English the closest you can get is Exculpate (Ecks-kul-paate). Meaning to absolve of conviction of wrongdoing or crime. It IS Exculpate, which IS an English word, and they DID misspell it by using KA instead of KU.

It's Exculpate.

Last edited by Alice on 2012-11-15, 00:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zawarudo

zawarudo

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 20:10

It's a ぺ not パ.

So peito.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 20:24

I don't think this guy is broken. I mean, defending against him is no worse than any other super powered VG unit, PG or no guard(I never have issues with guys like this, mostly cause I just sit on my PGs till endgame anyway. Never call, and only use them on attacks that matter.) and take care of the rearguards as you normally will. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but this guy is basically all or nothing, win or lose, sink or swim... you get the idea. And his 12k defense isn't even coming into play anyway, so no big deal there.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 23:00

Majesty Lord Blaster just got the world's weirdest tech card.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-14, 23:24

Lockon Stratos wrote:
I don't think this guy is broken. I mean, defending against him is no worse than any other super powered VG unit, PG or no guard(I never have issues with guys like this, mostly cause I just sit on my PGs till endgame anyway. Never call, and only use them on attacks that matter.) and take care of the rearguards as you normally will. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but this guy is basically all or nothing, win or lose, sink or swim... you get the idea. And his 12k defense isn't even coming into play anyway, so no big deal there.

Assuming a full field on your opponent's side, its a guaranteed -5. Then they have to guard assuming they are at 3 damage, otherwise they will take 3 damage. Given a field of 2 stages - vanguard - 2 stages, that's 10k shield assuming they want to eat the vanguard and a RG and you got a crit. That's a -6 for the opponent. A +0 (-1 riding Exca over G3, twin drive for +2, then -1 for riding over Blaster Blade) for you.

That's a massive loss of advantage for the opponent. Their entire field is then likely screwed completely.

Even if they survive, you're sitting pretty.
Back to top Go down
Dark5ide

Dark5ide

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-15, 00:30

Ah, so the actually made it. Found it pop up on Cardfight wiki, as part of the Manga.

Must mean Grade 4 Kagero I also bumped into there is in the works...
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-15, 00:38

The problem with Exculpate is it's balanced. That's the problem. If it was a broken shitturd, I could just add to the banlist. But now we have to live with typical yugioh balancing where you get high cost/restriction for high reward. Rather than vanguard balancing.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-15, 07:46

Actually, given this is a carryover promo from the Vanguard manga, we may in fact have that game's sensibilities to blame or thank for this- depending on how much you like the card. Akira Itou is responsible for giving us the character concepts and early art for Vanguard, and also for giving us some of the goofiest and least-tenable cards ever (a surprising amount of which made it into the game in Comic Style). Leaving Exculpate untouched was probably a tip of the hat to people who liked its role in the manga, as well as Bushiroad being conscious of the fact that there's only so many times you can try to print an ungodly-powerful upgrade for a card.

As is, I do like the concept that this is what 'Grade 4' will be like from now on and I wouldn't mind seeing more units with that 'don't ride over G2' skill, but unfortunately this particular one really only has a home in Majesty Lord decks since you can't safely run more than 1-2 copies without having a negative effect on deck consistency, and only Majesty Lord has both the Blaster count and starter to search the thing out. I don't know how it's going to impact the game, but I can sort of see it becoming a really terrifying tech option for that deck since now you can drop this and wipe the field clean the moment your opponent does get 17k+ columns together.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-15, 09:50

'Dragonic Nouvelle Vague'
Grade 4
Power ????
This unit does not have Twin Drive.
During the turn you ride this card, all trigger effects are negated.

Kai use this card at the final chapter of the first arc in the manga.
Everyone (including Morikawa ya) is mindfucked and Miwa manages to calm himself and says this is a card specilsed for PSY Qualia users.

This card gonna break the 13k power limit or he's basically useless.
(PS: Why Kai has Qualia in the manga WTH?)
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-15, 12:02

The manga is the most dogshit part about vanguard. We have it to thank for horrific abominations.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-15, 13:11

ShinkenRed wrote:
'Dragonic Nouvelle Vague'
Grade 4
Power ????
This unit does not have Twin Drive.
During the turn you ride this card, all trigger effects are negated.

Kai use this card at the final chapter of the first arc in the manga.
Everyone (including Morikawa ya) is mindfucked and Miwa manages to calm himself and says this is a card specilsed for PSY Qualia users.

This card gonna break the 13k power limit or he's basically useless.
(PS: Why Kai has Qualia in the manga WTH?)

A G3 without twin drive that doesn't benefit from trigger effects for one turn. Da fuq did I just read.
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-15, 18:23

Yeah, this is TOTALLY the Yu-Gi-Oh! R part of the manga just dicking its way into CFV. Totally, and completely, unnecessary.

You know what, let's skip the Draw Phase! Let there be a card that'll make your opponent skip his/her draw phase! Because CFV is apparently not fucking YGO enough!
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty2012-11-15, 18:30

Kaji Motomiya wrote:
Yeah, this is TOTALLY the Yu-Gi-Oh! R part of the manga just dicking its way into CFV. Totally, and completely, unnecessary.

You know what, let's skip the Draw Phase! Let there be a card that'll make your opponent skip his/her draw phase! Because CFV is apparently not fucking YGO enough!

New card idea:

This card cannot be rode during your ride phase. You may superior ride this card during your main phase by moving two rear-guard units on your side of the field to the drop zone.

When this unit appears in the VC, select 1 RG your opponent controls and move it to one of your RG circles. All clan-based skills that unit possessed work with this unit's clan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exculpate the Blaster   Exculpate the Blaster Empty

Back to top Go down

Exculpate the Blaster
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Cardfight!! Vanguard :: News-
Jump to: