Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where did the name Vmundi come from?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tryston

Tryston

Where did the name Vmundi  come from? Empty
PostSubject: Where did the name Vmundi come from?   Where did the name Vmundi  come from? Empty2012-12-02, 21:38

I was just wondering where the idea for the name came from. It sounds really cool, and I wanna know its origin!
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Where did the name Vmundi come from?   Where did the name Vmundi  come from? Empty2012-12-02, 22:27

V is short for Vanguard and Mundi can mean World or Universe. My particular meaning is Universe because the implication of the word Mundi for "world' actually has to do with what the people at the time thought all of existence was. So it's Vanguard Universe.

Fun story. Coming up with the name took forever. When I wrote a Yugioh blog, "Gameking League" just made sense to me. Yugioh translates as Gameking and I had a League of players in a group before I wrote that blog. V Mundi was very different because it was primarily a blog and at first I was against the idea of having a community. So without a communal intent, it couldn't have some sort of social representative word in it and I went with universe. The intention there was that it would be an Encyclopedia of Vanguard which was going to eventually be as all-encompassing as possible (hence universe). I didn't want to call it Encyclopaedia Vanguardia because I felt that was a bit complicated and pretentious.

One of the earliest names I started with was "Six Damage" which is the default and ideal win condition in the game. The idea came from the site "Six Prizes" which is for the Pokemon TCG. Ultimately, I decided on V-Mundi (with a critical symbol for an asterisk) instead but I still have plans to use Six Damage for the name of a podcast or something similar if I can ever find the time and equipment to do it.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Where did the name Vmundi come from?   Where did the name Vmundi  come from? Empty2012-12-03, 07:21

Wow, that's pretty interesting! :D And i realized the crit symbol earlier. That's actually what made me want to ask! And the name Six Damage for a podcast would be pretty badass!
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Where did the name Vmundi come from?   Where did the name Vmundi  come from? Empty2012-12-03, 16:31

Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Where did the name Vmundi come from?   Where did the name Vmundi  come from? Empty2012-12-03, 16:41

No prob! ^_^
By the way, if you do make the podcast, where would it be announced? The blog or in the forum?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Where did the name Vmundi come from?   Where did the name Vmundi  come from? Empty2012-12-03, 17:17

Just the forum most likely until I got several eps up. I already have everything planned, I just need to get some recording equipment for myself and find the time to do it (and not be shy)
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Where did the name Vmundi come from?   Where did the name Vmundi  come from? Empty2012-12-03, 21:26

You? Shy? If anything, i've always thought of you as pretty confident. Just speak your mind and the rest'll come naturally! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where did the name Vmundi come from?   Where did the name Vmundi  come from? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where did the name Vmundi come from?
Page 1 of 1