Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Manga

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

Manga Empty
PostSubject: Manga   Manga Empty2012-07-19, 12:21

Well because there isn't any category which can fit this topic, I guess I would just post it here. These are some of my opinions about the manga. Though some comparisons between the anime and manga will be made as you read on. Beware of SPOILERS.

Chapter 1: Basically the same as Episode 1 and 2 in anime. The only differences are Morikawa ran away after his rematch against Kai as he feel insulted and guilty of his actions, Aichi uses a new vanilla starter (Guraimu) for his Pallies which is lame, and Blaster Blade is portrayed to be a lot cooler than his anime counterpart in my opinion.

Morikawa: Obviously one of my favourite characters in this manga. No, I really mean it. He is a decent character compared to his anime counterpart. Morikawa is not that stupid and foolish in the manga and he plays his matches decently like any other can do. I feel that Morikawa has a very good character development as the story progresses: for instance Aichi realises his love for Vanguard is far beyond anyone's imagination and how both Aichi and Morikawa ended up as good buddies.

The card and the cardfights: As the mangaka is the one who also draws Yu-Gi-Oh!R in the past, most of the cards existed only in manga are inspired by their Yu-Gi-Oh! counterparts. Some of them are so broken that they need to be nerfed so much when they are released in EB01, like Left Arrester, Right Arrester and Zanbaku. Asaka's ace in the manga is also another badass. It is called Barking Dragon Tamer from what I've figured out from its katakana name. (G3, 11000/*1, Pale Moon, Effect: When you ride this card, retire all of the rearguards in both your opponent and your fields and it gains 1000 power for each rearguard retired until the end of turn.)

Other details: Oddly enough, Aichi acts like a perfectly normal boy. I like the explanation which tells us PSYQualia is a type of Systhesis in the manga, and Ren and Aichi seems to have achieved this ability when their feelings towards Kai, a person they look up on, has reached the limit. The part is where Kai sits like a boss waiting for Ren is awesome too. The idea of the 'real pain' cardfight platform as as plot focus is ok though.

My complains for the manga are where the hell is Emi-chan, and since Kyou has such broken cards like Zanbaku and the Arresters, why he cannot beat the rest of the AL4? Too bad for Emi's fans.

Finally, I want to say that if you really like Vanguard or are interested in the manga, go read it if you don't mind reading raws or chinese subs. I personally recommend it, even though I think there are no english subs until now. You can read Volume 1 here, subbed by Yimieji (Imagine in chinese pinyin).
http://cfvanguard.weebly.com/315321996821367.html
Back to top Go down

Manga
Page 1 of 1