Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)

Go down 
+6
firagadam
Kirosnefakman
Klaus
Alice
Oflari
doomboykhoi
10 posters
AuthorMessage
doomboykhoi

doomboykhoi

Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty
PostSubject: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-03-29, 14:15

This deck is my tournament deck. I haven't been to a tournament when crossride was available so I am not sure what to expect.
This deck is a Megacolony deck that sets up good columns and is able to limit your opponent's power with the trapping ability that Megacolony have.

G0: (17)
1 Megacolony Combatant C (SVG)
4 Shelter Beetle (Crit)
4 Sharp Nail Scorpio (Crit)
4 Raider Mantis (Draw)
4 Medical Combatant, Lamprey (Heal)

G1: (14)
4 Phantom Black
4 Paralyze Madonna
3 Machining Mosquito
3 Stealth Millipede

G2: (11)
4 Bloody Hercules
4 Tail Joe
2 Lady Bomb
1 Iron Fist Phantom, Rolypoly

G3: (8)
4 Martial Arts Mutant, Master Beetle
2 Bewitching Officer, Lady Butterfly
2 Master Fraude

-I play less trappers to have more power and be able to hit 18k with most of my units
-I play only one Iron Fist Phantom, Rolypoly because I like the defensive skill, but too much can get cloggy and be forced to ride him or unable to put down the field due to full field (I might take him out for another Lady Bomb)
-Phantom Blacks are used for setting good columns in this deck (All G2 and G3 hits 18k, except Lady Bomb and Rolpoly)
-I don't play Megacolony Battler B because he have 6k power and in early game he is a little useless for having a few targets to trap, he will be guarded mid game to not allow the ability to activate (unless behind VG, but I like to keep a Stealth Millipede behind VG), and he never hit if it is late game.
-Lady Butterfly is used to set 18k with any G1 and 20k with Phantom Black.
All suggestions and critiques are appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Oflari

Oflari

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-03-29, 15:13

I would suggest running 4 Fraudes instead. Placing the starter back and hitting 18k with possibility of drawing and trapping at the same turn to place Millipede there next turn.
(Sorry if there is any grammar mistake)
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-03-29, 15:20

Oflari wrote:
I would suggest running 4 Fraudes instead.
Facepalm.

This deck is a disaster. You cannot have a 10k vanguard or even a chance of one and survive in the Crossride meta. This deck needs the Giraffa ride chain to cover that weakness.

Fraude is garbage.

Beetle and Lady Bomb? Really? So you want a deck that gets at most three traps off? Why not pick something and focus on it, like say quality control with Giraffa. Who happens to specifically get rid of those annoying Bahrs, Kimnaras, and Heatnails. Or why not focus on spamming traps as hard as possible to screw over whole columns (a la Mr Invincible)?

Decks with no focus, or weak focus, fail miserably in this meta.
Back to top Go down
Oflari

Oflari

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-03-29, 15:38

If focus is that important then I guess you disapprove toolbox decks, right? But why?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-03-29, 15:39

Oflari wrote:
If focus is that important then I guess you disapprove toolbox decks, right? But why?
Where did you want those goalposts again? Was it ....

this far back?

Or this far?
Back to top Go down
Oflari

Oflari

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-03-29, 15:47

I didn't get it. Not my language. Sorry D:
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-03-29, 15:52

Moving goalposts is a fallacy in arguments. Basically "I believe this is right" "No, here's evidence proving it's wrong" "But it doesn't mean so and so."

But toolbox to me only works if you have the means to get what you'd need without drawing into normally. Decks like OTT excel at it, while other ones take a more round-about way like AF and GB.

I don't think Megacolony, even if running some odd build of Antlion, Gangs, and Frauds, would work out too well as a toolbox.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-03-29, 16:02

I don't think non-Giraffa Megacolony can do anything in a Hamburger-Time meta at all.

Last edited by Kirosnefakman on 2013-04-05, 18:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-03-29, 16:07

Klaus wrote:
Moving goalposts is a fallacy in arguments. Basically "I believe this is right" "No, here's evidence proving it's wrong" "But it doesn't mean so and so."

But toolbox to me only works if you have the means to get what you'd need without drawing into normally. Decks like OTT excel at it, while other ones take a more round-about way like AF and GB.

I don't think Megacolony, even if running some odd build of Antlion, Gangs, and Frauds, would work out too well as a toolbox.
And I said it because never once did I bring up toolboxing versus crossrides. Not in my entire life, and not in this thread. And the statement showed a clear lack of understanding how Toolboxes even work. They're the opposite of unfocused because they're focus is on everything. When you make these decks with tons of random unrelated cards at low copies, you're now totally reliant on low chances to draw competent combos. In a toolbox, you get the diversity without the chance reliance.
Back to top Go down
doomboykhoi

doomboykhoi

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-03-29, 16:12

This is all I have at the moment, it was a cheap deck to make and complete. I'll guess I will switch it to a Giraffa deck when I get the Giraffas, but for now this is the best deck I can make that have 4 Perfect Guards (the other clans are too expensive).
Back to top Go down
firagadam
firagadam

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-03-29, 16:38

Giraffas are like 2-3 bucks anyway, they are not that hard to get
Back to top Go down
doomboykhoi

doomboykhoi

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-03-29, 16:45

I guess if I can find four G3 Giraffas and four G2 Giraffas before the tournament starts I'll play them (unlikely, but eventually I'll get the Giraffas for next time).
Back to top Go down
firagadam
firagadam

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-03-29, 17:49

CSI has em in stock right now if you want to buy them online, hell, i would guess ANY internet store has em for cheap
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-03-30, 03:32

I think I need to add another rule to the decklists forum. This forum was intended to brainstorm deck lists and come up with new stuff. It wasn't actually intended as a place for "please fix my budget deck".
Back to top Go down
Werekill

Werekill

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-04-04, 21:47

Kirosnefakman wrote:
I don't think non-Giraffa Megacolony can do anything in a Hamburger-Time meta at all.

I'm curious to see how machining would work in the meta. Has anyone playtested it against Hamburger-Time?
Back to top Go down
Mr. WoW

Mr. WoW

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-04-05, 21:36

What's Hamburger-Time?
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-04-05, 21:56

Mr. WoW wrote:
What's Hamburger-Time?

If you type in C-R-O-S-S-R-I-D-E and post it, it auto becomes Hamburger-Time.
Back to top Go down
Mr. WoW

Mr. WoW

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-04-05, 22:11

Hamburger-Time
Lol I didn't know that
Back to top Go down
HugeMcLargeTall

HugeMcLargeTall

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty2013-04-06, 08:38

your welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)   Master Beetle (Tournament Deck) Empty

Back to top Go down

Master Beetle (Tournament Deck)
Page 1 of 1