Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[JPN] Murakumo deck help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Phantokaxl

Phantokaxl

[JPN] Murakumo deck help Empty
PostSubject: [JPN] Murakumo deck help   [JPN] Murakumo deck help Empty2013-05-01, 21:39

Hey guys! So i recently built this deck and I want the community's feedback on it, to help improve and fine-tune it

G0:
Stealth Beast Ferret x1
8 critical
4 draw
4 heal
G1:
Demon Summoning Jiraya x4
Silent Stealth Rogue Shijimamaru x4
Stealth Beast Leaves Mirage x4
Stealth Fiend Oboro Cart x3
G2:
Stealth Beast Bloody Mist x4
Stealth Beast White Mane x4
Stealth Fiend Midnight Crow x3
G3:
Fantasy Petal Storm Shirayuki x4
Stealth Beast Gigantoad x3

So this deck runs the Jiraya engine because there are no solid Murakumo rear guards aside from white mane and my gr 1 selection is weak if i choose not to run it (not a big fan of 6ks). Also I need help with having a better grade 2 lineup because the one i have so far is mediocre
Back to top Go down
Pendragon

Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: [JPN] Murakumo deck help   [JPN] Murakumo deck help Empty2013-05-02, 00:03

You Should Run At Least 8 G3s
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: [JPN] Murakumo deck help   [JPN] Murakumo deck help Empty2013-05-02, 00:38

Phantokaxl wrote:
Also I need help with having a better grade 2 lineup because the one i have so far is mediocre

Sadly its probably the best you can do. There are not really any other options in the Murakumo library unless you run Magatsu, similar can be said for the Grade 1 selection.

Not sure how I feel about Jiraiya/Gigantoad. Have you playtested it much, thoughts if so? You may try Midnight Panther/another G3 instead (Panther just to fill the void of a 7k booster), though I'm speaking from a stance of not having tested anything here.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: [JPN] Murakumo deck help   [JPN] Murakumo deck help Empty2013-05-02, 00:52

I honestly prefer Mandala Lord with Shirayuki. Gigantoad is a conditional 11k, while Mandala is purely 11k. He's also a nice vanguard before late game when you can use Shirayuki's persona blast, and a decent ride should you not see Shirayuki at all. If you do run Mandala Lord, run 4 of him and 4 of Shirayuki, and take out a copy of either Oboro Cart or Jiraya.
I agree with what Edal said. The grade 2 line up for Murakumo is horrible. Personally, I'd replace Midnight Crow for Magatsu Gale despite this deck not focusing on Storm mainly for the 9k beat stick. Otherwise, it looks fine.
Back to top Go down
Phantokaxl

Phantokaxl

PostSubject: Re: [JPN] Murakumo deck help   [JPN] Murakumo deck help Empty2013-05-02, 18:17

Edalborez wrote:
Phantokaxl wrote:
Also I need help with having a better grade 2 lineup because the one i have so far is mediocre

Not sure how I feel about Jiraiya/Gigantoad. Have you playtested it much, thoughts if so? You may try Midnight Panther/another G3 instead (Panther just to fill the void of a 7k booster), though I'm speaking from a stance of not having tested anything here.

I've play tested Jiraiya/Gigantoad and it is working out pretty well for me essentially when i intercept with my front line gr 2s, i can use a combination of jiraya and oboro cart to fill in the remaining spaces. The reason I don't like the Mandala Lord/Shirayuki combination is that I don't like the changeability of the persona blasts and I find it too much of a hassle (not a great reason but it was enough for me to not try it)
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: [JPN] Murakumo deck help   [JPN] Murakumo deck help Empty2013-05-19, 15:07

Traesive wrote:
If you do run Mandala Lord, run 4 of him and 4 of Shirayuki, and take out a copy of either Oboro Cart or Jiraya.
Preferably Jiraiya, as its effect is useless if you're not running Gigantoad.

As for the deck: The only improvements I can see for your grade 2 line up is maybe fix the numbers. Midnight Crow should probably be at 4. That said, I do have a suggestion to replace him. Due to a rather large lack of support, currently, the best grade 2 vanguard you can have outside of running Magatsus is Quick Archer, FUSHIMI. Yes, I know this card is mediocre and a vanilla 9k on rear-guard. But it gives you more 9ks to toss Jiraiya behind if you can't use his effect. Also, in the event that you have to call FUSHIMI, it's a 9k beatstick that you just won't feel bad about losing to an intercept or a rear-guard attack. If you make the swap to Fushimi, for best chances of riding him, and making him useful, put him at 4. Drop the Midnight Crows and either a White Mane or a Bloody Mist (I prefer the former as you don't need 4 White Manes to get it on the field and make it useful, while Bloody Mist takes any of your boosters and hits for 2 stages with it). As for the grade 1s, if you switch to Fushimi, drop the Shijimamarus. They're only good to toss behind Midnight Crow. What you'll want instead is a pair of Leaf Raccoons and a 4th Oboro Cart for the purposes of SPAM EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT!! At worst, you call Oboro Cart over the Oboro Cart from last turn to get another Gigantoad again. Or you guard with it.
Now onto Gigantoad for another matter... You're running a deck wherein the idea is to spam multiple copies of this thing onto rear-guard. And you're running 3? Always run 4 Gigantoad if you're going to run it. Also, 8 grade 3's... So with Shirayuki and Gigantoad each at a mandatory 4, you've fixed your issue. Gigantoad itself is a decent rear-guard simply because of its ease of getting to the field. But in order to make it that, you need maximum Jiraiyas and maximum Oboro Carts. Otherwise, Gigantoad is kinda lame. That said, if you ARE forced to ride it, if you can spam it onto rear-guard, the vanguard can hit Hamburger-Time unboosted. But that doesn't mean the card's good. All in all, the card is mediocre. I'm all for creativity in deck building, so if that's the deck for you, go for it. Just remember that, when you don't manage to make it work, it's not the deck's fault for acting up. In the end, your build choices say a lot about how the deck performs. In the case of Gigantoad, he's simply not efficient enough to run something where it has to be spammed to achieve the same thing that 1 copy of another Grade 3 can do on its own.
Back to top Go down
Phantokaxl

Phantokaxl

PostSubject: Re: [JPN] Murakumo deck help   [JPN] Murakumo deck help Empty2013-05-20, 01:28

Interesting ideas, given that they have a such a small card pool i ran a strictly vanilla build but kota your're right, if I'm conserving hand advantage with shiraiyuki and oboro cart then leaf raccoons are the next logical step

I ran 7 grade 3s due to my fear of riding gigantoad but I guess 8 works better for this situation if i am to extend the usefulness of jiraya

As for running a different engine, I ran gigantoad because it was the cheaper option then getting a set of mandala lords but i guess i could try a white fur tamammo variant and see how that plays out
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: [JPN] Murakumo deck help   [JPN] Murakumo deck help Empty2013-05-20, 16:35

Well, I'm not saying you have to keep the new engine. Remember, there are ways to play online. Tamamo is possibly the most consistent build in Murakumo. I'll admit, Murakumo has a small card pool. But almost every grade 3 can have a build around it (they may not all be good builds, like I wouldn't suggest ANYONE run a deck centered on ZANBAKU, but it CAN be done.) And if you really want to run Gigantoad, he goes best with Tamamo. Sure, Tamamo's got a 10k body, but of the Thunder Break/Garmore clones, Tamamo's got the best one. Not only is it CB(1) instead of CB(2), but it's not just on-call. Tamamo can do it EVERY TURN. Copying any grade 2 or higher rear-guard. You know what that means for Gigantoad? You can clone him with your vanguard!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [JPN] Murakumo deck help   [JPN] Murakumo deck help Empty

Back to top Go down

[JPN] Murakumo deck help
Page 1 of 1