Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

VG 3DS: Ride to Victory

Go down 
+24
Edalborez
Featherine
Jabberwock
GalladeTheAbsol
spica
LittleFighterFox
Epideme
Clement_Tea
Omnigeek
smellmybox
mastermune
Tryston
Kirosnefakman
TehNACHO
Lockon Stratos
AstoXx
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Biorhythm
meeb
Some Gamer Dude
3XXXDDD
Klaus
Alice
ShinkenRed
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty
PostSubject: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-09-22, 21:21

Last edited by ShinkenRed on 2012-12-30, 07:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-09-23, 08:28

I'm interested. Actually let me paste over some things I've already said about it:

It just has to be authentic and play online for it to do well among Vanguard players.

One of the many poor points of the 3DS is regionlocking. It would be a huge waste of time and money to include an English option in the Japanese release copy since the 3DS is regionlocked anyway. Only niche importers own Japanese models of the 3DS. Hopefully it'll be hacked soon so we can support game companies without getting screwed over by Nintendo's bullshit executive decisions.

The entire reason (the real one, not the bullshit PR reason) behind 3DS regionlocking was to allow publishers to make more money from the overpriced Japanese copies of their games (and the overpriced copies elsewhere such as Australia). Locking them out of cheaper international sales is an archaic business model that serves to milk the driven-cost markets of countries that don't set it lower. They don't want to compete with their own prices, in other words.

Bushiroad's International pricing point may well be lower (and will have to be if they want sales). It's retailing for 5229 yen (about 67 USD). That's pretty high. That is just going to have to change if they want to see International sales. I'm not a fan (at all) of the 3DS but I love Vanguard and I want to see the game succeed. They're going to need to drop that price to around 40 USD for NA at least. The top first-party games from Nintendo that I've seen don't even go above that. Especially if you want to sell it on a console that has hardware which only competes with last generation.

Hell, I didn't even know Bushiroad could fund such a project. I'm hoping they make the money back and then some. And I'm hoping they either have a competent internal developer or hired an expert like Level-5.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-09-23, 09:29

I just hope the AI isn't as retarded as the Tag Force games, lol.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-09-23, 10:29

I really want to see those "Missions" I hope they're up to par like some of those awkward things you had to figure out in the other YGO games.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-09-23, 10:44

That might not be workable in Vanguard.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-09-23, 11:03

Alice wrote:
That might not be workable in Vanguard.

Hence my curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Some Gamer Dude

Some Gamer Dude

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-10-10, 21:30

Region lock shouldn't be mandatory

Last edited by Some Gamer Dude on 2012-10-10, 22:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-10-10, 22:01

I already know exactly how region locking works, so I'm not sure why you feel the need to explain it. Region locking works exactly the way I know it works. You cannot see games that are manufactured for a specific region if your device isn't also set for that region. ALL 3DS games are regionlocked. All of them. It's a typical draconian Nintendo dick move. The DS was not regionlocked, and that meant many people imported Japanese versions of Yugioh games because there were other language options in that version. It would do exactly zero good to include other languages besides Japanese in the Vanguard 3DS game since no one outside of enthusiasts are going to own a Japanese 3DS for importing. I don't exactly know what in the hell you thought was incorrect about my post, but it stands.

Nintendo has dicked out their consoles before, but the 3DS is the first handheld that's been locked. Hacking the Wii removed the locking, and hacking the 3DS will too.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-10-15, 20:02

3XXXDDD wrote:
I really want to see those "Missions" I hope they're up to par like some of those awkward things you had to figure out in the other YGO games.

Inb4 it is all special stage rules. And AI teammates for tag fight.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-10-15, 21:04

Ugh you just know they're going to do that special rule bullshit.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-11-24, 10:23

VG 3DS: Ride to Victory 691866042
Ride to Victory comes with 6 choices for your Player Avatar:
Hot-Blooded Style: Hot-Blooded Boy, Hot-Blooded Girl
Cool Style: Glasses Guy, Rio-Esque Girl
Dark Style: Gothic Lolita, Love Child of Ren's Coat and Kourin.

VG 3DS: Ride to Victory 691876735
Game confirmed to go up to Set 9, and you get to choose any Trial Deck to start.

Last edited by 3XXXDDD on 2012-11-24, 12:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-11-24, 12:08

Actually those avatars are way better than other games. Each character has personality so someone is likely to identify with at least one of them. Pretty nice.

Blue girl master race. (I'd use the blond guy if it were a girl~)
Back to top Go down
Biorhythm

Biorhythm

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-11-24, 13:50

Appeal in art. What VG does the best.

Now I'm actually considering buying this game x.x

Heres hoping it won't lag like previous DS incarnations of TCGs.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-11-24, 14:33

Better than a shadowed-over face with a red cap for sure.

Also nice it goes up to Set 9, not that it'd suck to lack Set 10 but that many sets allows a good deal of deck construction.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-11-24, 15:58

Also, there aren't as many cards in this as opposed to DS games like Yu-Gi-Oh: Over the Nexus, where the lag was a bitch.

I imagine that it will be a lot smoother in transition, and the fact that there's more memory to spare leaves room for (hopefully) kickass graphics.
Back to top Go down
AstoXx

AstoXx

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-11-24, 17:02

Klaus wrote:
Better than a shadowed-over face with a red cap for sure.

Also nice it goes up to Set 9, not that it'd suck to lack Set 10 but that many sets allows a good deal of deck construction.

What? Who the hell can't relate to a red hat? I mean, everyone wears red hats, right?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-11-24, 18:25

Biorhythm wrote:
Appeal in art. What VG does the best.

Now I'm actually considering buying this game x.x

Heres hoping it won't lag like previous DS incarnations of TCGs.
Nope nope nope. Fuck you fuck you fuck you. I am not buying a 3DS fuck off Nintendo.

Is what I would say if my DS Lite's hinge wasn't about to snap off. It recently broke and is hanging barely on. Sigh. I guess if they release a NOT SHITTY model of the 3DS, like with better battery or a second analog; and I can get it second hand to not give Nintendo money for that horse shit abomination; and it gets hacked so I'm not jailed in to region locked games and no homebrew. I might. Might get it to replace my broken DS.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-11-24, 21:43

Oooh, what about attack and "summon"(catch all term for ride and call) animations? I loved those in the Yugioh games, and was always upset that they never put enough in them. So anyone have any ideas on the story? I heard something about shoehorning us into season 1, like with the WC games on the DS. Also, special fight rules should actually be fun, if you're like me and enjoy them(Loved making special rules for Yugioh, although I am hesitant about doing it for Vanguard, as Vanguard system is not really suited for it.) although am hoping for no plot relevant tag fights as I HATE AI partners. Stupid crap AI's, screwing up my combos and basically just being a huge dick. Ugh, hate it.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-11-24, 22:21

>Implying the story matters
Even if it was good, it wouldn't be good. It's a video game about card games.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-11-25, 00:10

Lockon Stratos wrote:
Oooh, what about attack and "summon"(catch all term for ride and call) animations? I loved those in the Yugioh games, and was always upset that they never put enough in them. So anyone have any ideas on the story? I heard something about shoehorning us into season 1, like with the WC games on the DS. Also, special fight rules should actually be fun, if you're like me and enjoy them(Loved making special rules for Yugioh, although I am hesitant about doing it for Vanguard, as Vanguard system is not really suited for it.) although am hoping for no plot relevant tag fights as I HATE AI partners. Stupid crap AI's, screwing up my combos and basically just being a huge dick. Ugh, hate it.

Oh god, the Tag Force games.

Partnered with Jack, I'm using Gladiator Beasts. He summons Red Dragon Archfiend, and I'm feeling we can win from here since we just needed a nice beater and my shit got removed, so I'm stuck with a crappy GB out there with GB Chariot facedown.

Well, come end of turn RDA does his kill shit that didn't attack effect which will kill my GB.

Jack for some reason really loves that GB, and Chariots his own Dragon and destroys it.

I turned off the game and put it down for a while.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-11-25, 00:49

Ugh, hey, Konami. When you make an AI for a main character, at least make them make mistakes that make sense for them. Cause Jack killing his very soul Red Demon's Dragon is both out of character AND stupid, which I can deal with one OR the other, but not both. Of course, Konami is too busy breaking the meta to insane levels to care about making good game AI's or keeping their characters, you know, IN character, even in the show. GAH, I just want to have Yusei and Akiza and Jack and Carly in an official pairing. GOD, you even had Jack bloody well confess, but nooo, you had to retcon it didn't you? That's one of the many reasons why I hate Season 3 so much, not the only one, but probably the biggest. Yeah, these two are the only pairings I actually get upset about, but come on, why shouldn't I? They all but put them together in the show, and the Dark Signer arc's ending all but spelled out Jack and Carly... getting offtopic, back too reality and Ride to Victory.

So, any idea what Vanguard "duel puzzles" might look like? Again, I'm not sure Vanguard is really cut out for such things, but still, wonder what they're like. No ideas in my head, but how about you guys?
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-11-25, 01:02

I'd just assume it'd be like YGO's but focused more of showing a clan's tricks for getting hits in than "look at these card interactions you'll never really face!!"
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-11-26, 11:28

Lockon Stratos wrote:
So, any idea what Vanguard "duel puzzles" might look like? Again, I'm not sure Vanguard is really cut out for such things, but still, wonder what they're like. No ideas in my head, but how about you guys?

Let's make up stuff!

We could have memory puzzles. For example, watch a preprogrammed match and at the end, you're quizzed on what you should know. Not simple things like what was the starting Vanguard, but things like what was the first drive check, and what are the cards in the opponent's hand that have been revealed so far.

Yes, boring. But it's a duel puzzle, the WC series weren't exactly exciting or difficult either.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-12-30, 07:12

Added the link to the game's offical website.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty2012-12-30, 09:20

We only get alternative art promos? Screw that. I want manga exclusive cards like Blaster Javelin Normally!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VG 3DS: Ride to Victory   VG 3DS: Ride to Victory Empty

Back to top Go down

VG 3DS: Ride to Victory
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next