Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WCQ Angel Feather

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

WCQ Angel Feather Empty
PostSubject: WCQ Angel Feather   WCQ Angel Feather Empty2012-10-06, 08:52

4 Chief Nurse, Shamsiel
4 The Phoenix, Calamity Flame

4 Million Ray Pegasus
4 Core Memory Armaros
1 Love Machine Gun

4 Thousand Ray Pegasus
4 Lancet Shooter
4 Pure Keeper Requiel
4 Battle Cupid Nociel

1 Hope Child, Turiel
4 Critical Hit Angel
4 Rocket Dash Unicorn
4 Bouquet Toss Manager
4 Sunny Smile Angel

Most likely taking something like this to the Manchester Qualifiers on the 20th of this month. Will just be going over debatable cards or quantity thereof.

The Phoenix, Calamity Flame - At first I ran three in order to run four of each of my Grade 1 Units. It worked well, I had no problems or riding issues but whenever I'd face a player worth their salt, Phoenix would be a primary target, the low amount would let the Phoenix quickly dry up during those battles, sure I still have four Million Ray Pegasus to hit 20000 but 11000 Vanguards are just all too common these days (coughSpectralDukecough). So running 4 is necessary just to keep my stage 3 attacks fueled.

Love Machine Gun - This card, I'm not having the greatest results with, It occasionally works and it occasionally gets me killed early/mid-game. It is cool for grabbing a ride a turn early but then again for the most part, Turiel does that. It also requires conditions to be met in order to scale well against 11000 Vanguards. I'm not entirely sure what to do with it. It might have a level of necessity about it for Tool-Boxing.

Lancet Shooter - Stupidly amazingly good card. In the face of 10000 Vanguards it can counterblast 1 with a Phoenix to reach Stage 3, Counterblast 2 with Million Ray to reach Stage 3. In the face of 11000 Vanguards, it can counterblast 2 with Phoenix to reach Stage 3. The counterblasts it pays usually get revitalized due to Shamsiel's Limit Break. It can also counterblast itself into a viable attacker or have great synergy with double buffing in order to make a game ending shot. I use this over Bethnael because Bethnael shrinks in the face of 11000 Vanguards, sure it can still make Stage 2 Columns but so can Lancet Shooter/Thousand Ray Pegasus with 16 out of my 18 primary offensive units (ie everything Grade 2+ bar Love Machine Gun).

So any thoughts and or suggestions? or is this as good as it is going to get?

Last edited by 3XXXDDD on 2012-10-10, 22:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

WCQ Angel Feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCQ Angel Feather   WCQ Angel Feather Empty2012-10-07, 05:59

Not sure what I'd hit for it, but have you considered Doctoroid Micross? Megaross is probably going to be about the same amount of dead weight as Love Machine Gun under most circumstances, but I do like the Doctoroids (in this clan, anyway). It's always nice to just have more available cards in your damage zone if your late-game plan involves a lot of toolboxing with it, and the +2k to potentially your entire frontline isn't shabby.

Other than that, all I can say is that if you're having too many problems with Love Machine Gun you could always try Barbiel in those slots. Vanilla G2s are almost always solid attackers and decent-ish rides, so there's not a huge downside to including them in a deck if you have the space.

EDIT: ...Oh, and you have enough big attackers you might also want to try fitting in Happy Bell, Nociel. That's a pretty major change to your trigger base though- but the skill is so worth it (imo).
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

WCQ Angel Feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCQ Angel Feather   WCQ Angel Feather Empty2012-10-07, 11:28

I have played against this deck and can say that it's scary. Working on changing Bethnael to Lancet in my deck list and writing that up.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

WCQ Angel Feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCQ Angel Feather   WCQ Angel Feather Empty2012-10-07, 16:11

ScarletWeather wrote:
Not sure what I'd hit for it, but have you considered Doctoroid Micross? Megaross is probably going to be about the same amount of dead weight as Love Machine Gun under most circumstances, but I do like the Doctoroids (in this clan, anyway). It's always nice to just have more available cards in your damage zone if your late-game plan involves a lot of toolboxing with it, and the +2k to potentially your entire frontline isn't shabby.

Other than that, all I can say is that if you're having too many problems with Love Machine Gun you could always try Barbiel in those slots. Vanilla G2s are almost always solid attackers and decent-ish rides, so there's not a huge downside to including them in a deck if you have the space.

EDIT: ...Oh, and you have enough big attackers you might also want to try fitting in Happy Bell, Nociel. That's a pretty major change to your trigger base though- but the skill is so worth it (imo).

Limit Breaker enablers are a waste of paper, I feel they really should have at least been a respectful 7 and 9.

I don't know why you suggested to fit in Happy Bell Nociel? The attack usually attacks first (Shamsiel) and especially when I already explained the undoubtedly better version, Love Machine Gun, doesn't even seem to be coming up to par.

Alice wrote:
I have played against this deck and can say that it's scary. Working on changing Bethnael to Lancet in my deck list and writing that up.

God dammit woman, you were supposed to help me, not the other way around!
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

WCQ Angel Feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCQ Angel Feather   WCQ Angel Feather Empty2012-10-07, 18:56

3XXXDDD wrote:

Limit Breaker enablers are a waste of paper, I feel they really should have at least been a respectful 7 and 9.

I don't know why you suggested to fit in Happy Bell Nociel? The attack usually attacks first (Shamsiel) and especially when I already explained the undoubtedly better version, Love Machine Gun, doesn't even seem to be coming up to par.

You can toolbox without Love Machine Gun if you switch in another unit, you don't necessarily need Shamshiel to be the first attack every turn, and Happy Bell is a pretty decent card and hardly out of place for the deck? I responded as more of an offhand "oh, have you thought about?" type of suggestion than a "you should" suggestion to begin with.

As for Limit Break enablers I agree as a general rule, but the skills actually have a place in certain Angel Feather decks. CB1 to +2k multiple units, add a potential target for toolboxing to your damage zone, and cycle back in cards that for some reason you have no use for there anymore (say, Bouquets)? Not a horrible deal if the deck has enough space for it, which is unfortunately their limiting factor.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

WCQ Angel Feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCQ Angel Feather   WCQ Angel Feather Empty2012-10-08, 01:48

I'm seconding 3D here. They are a cool idea, but they just never flow properly, they have to small of an active range and adding them would mean less room for cool stuff . If anything I'd take it slot and do what I call a"vanilla test" where you replace it with a vanilla to see how it flows. I was personally never a fan of LMG, but hey, what do I know.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

WCQ Angel Feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCQ Angel Feather   WCQ Angel Feather Empty2012-10-10, 22:24

Update
- 1 Love Machine Gun
+1 Battle Cupid Nociel

Thought Pattern
> Wish to run maximum of all Grade 1 Units
> Love Machine Gun underperforming
> Less Gun, More Grade 1
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

WCQ Angel Feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCQ Angel Feather   WCQ Angel Feather Empty2012-10-13, 20:10

So tested out 2 S-Intercepts at the cost of LMG & 1 Lancet. It's a massive distraction for the opponent.

Anyway, I seriously need help beating Duke's Limit Break. I've been playing this amazing guy with it and he literally just keeps tanking with the Limit Break.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WCQ Angel Feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCQ Angel Feather   WCQ Angel Feather Empty

Back to top Go down

WCQ Angel Feather
Page 1 of 1